Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

• My favourite stat of the night: the Swans had SEVENTEEN running bounces in a row. That's the most in any AFL match since 2022, 684 days ago. It's also the second most ever by the Swans, and their most since 2001. Most the Blues have allowed their opposition in a row since 2014.
    • Chad Warner had 9 of them tonight. That's the most by a player in the AFL this year, the most by a Swan since Malceski in 2013, and the most by a player against the Blues since Houli in 2015.
  • James Rowbottom had 12 tackles in the first half, which is the most by any player in a half of footy this year, and the most by a Swans player since Jude Bolton in 2011. No player has done that against the Blues ever (well, since 2000).
  • Nick Newman had 22 disposals, 6 marks and 8 rebound 50s in the first half. No Carlton player has ever had those stats (or better) in a half of footy before.
  • In the first quarter, the Swans laid 17 tackles in a row, which is the longest tackle streak (without the other team laying one) by any team since 2020, and the longest by the Swans since 2016, and the longest ever against the Blues.
  • Talking of tackles, the Swans laid 53 in the first half. That's the most they have laid in a half of footy since 2022, and the most any team has laid against the Blues in a half since 2019.
    • From the 6 minute mark of Q2 until the 11 min mark, they laid 13 tackles. That's the most in a 5 minute period by the Swans since 2021, and the mos tany team has laid in a 5 minute period against the Blues since 2020.
  • Marc Pittonet had 7 clearances for the Blues in the last quarter. That's the most clearances by a Blues player in a quarter since Patrick Cripps in 2019.
  • Heeney had 3 goals, 10 contested possessions, 7 tackles, 6 inside 50s, and 4 shots at goal. No Swan has ever had that combo of stats (or better) before. And it's only been done 14 times in the AFL, most recently by Bont earlier this year.

Just a pleasure to watch and we still butchered a few.
Can't really single out anyone, again it was a great team effort.
Fox out for a couple of weeks just gives someone else a chance and hopefully we get McCartin back next week.
Francis was more composed tonight has his limitations but was solid good backup.
Always a great start to the weekend when we get up , can watch the rest of the round knowing we are not getting knocked off top spot.

Heard some story on a doco in 1935 we were the hot favourites against the Pies... then Bob Pratt got clipped by a truck on the Thursday just before the Grand Final :(

My school library had a book on the history of the Swans which I must have read half a dozen times and that story still sticks with me.

Don't think we had a single non-performer out there tonight. Which was especially rewarding as I am heading off to Europe until late July and I am going to miss watching this awesome group of footballers live.

I have a strong feeling that, after a few "close but no cigar" efforts, John Longmire is about to produce his coaching masterpiece.

Don't think we had a single non-performer out there tonight. Which was especially rewarding as I am heading off to Europe until late July and I am going to miss watching this awesome group of footballers live.

I have a strong feeling that, after a few "close but no cigar" efforts, John Longmire is about to produce his coaching masterpiece.

Lloyd I think has been pretty poor to start the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back