Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having mids having to kick a tonne of goals is still not sustainable imo

McDonald and Amartey butchered some really good chances and need to get better

If that changes there is no other side that will come close

This is getting tired. People need to get over the idea of our three talls kicking bags of 4-5. They might not ever be like that and it’s ok. This is our style and it’s working beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT and JB just terrible this year, they shouldn’t be allowed Swans games.
BT gets confused about who plays for us

Mark Fine noticed BT thought Cunningham was Brad Seymour at one stage.

Add Sam Walsh as another scalp for Jordon, he dominated Walshy. How hecking good is Jordon, tagging & winning his own footy. He's playing the run with role perfectly.
At the start of the year I was pretty convinced Jordan wouldn’t be around for long.
Now I think he is probably one of the first picked …

Found some crowd footage of Cripps and Walsh last night

Simon Pegg Swan GIF by Working Title

The days of a Tony Lockett or Lance Franklin kicking 10 are over. The ability of midfielders to roll back and help out has well and truly killed this. Tonight was the perfect example. Look at how much height, weight and even speed our KPD gave up to Curnow, McKay and dK. Initially looked like they were all going to kick bags on us. Then we woke up and our team defence rendered them impotent.

Our talls are doing what is required to allow for the TEAM to kick goals. Yes, Amartey and McDonald shanked a few but if you look at the goal assists, McDonald was certainly up there and both worked hard off the ball. That is what we need from them first and foremost and their individual goals are the icing.

The days of a Tony Lockett or Lance Franklin kicking 10 are over. The ability of midfielders to roll back and help out has well and truly killed this. Tonight was the perfect example. Look at how much height, weight and even speed our KPD gave up to Curnow, McKay and dK. Initially looked like they were all going to kick bags on us. Then we woke up and our team defence rendered them impotent.

Our talls are doing what is required to allow for the TEAM to kick goals. Yes, Amartey and McDonald shanked a few but if you look at the goal assists, McDonald was certainly up there and both worked hard off the ball. That is what we need from them first and foremost and their individual goals are the icing.
5 Swans in the top 25 goal scorers.
If there was a team based Coleman we would be all over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm of the opposite mind. Having 1 or 2 players kick 80% of your score isn't sustainable because what happens if they get blanketed or injured? Having a wide range of goal kickers allows us to be unpredictable when forward and can change things up if something isn't working

Unbelievable win.

Kinda running out of things to say as almost every week is basically the same two concepts - sticking at it, and everyone playing their role. It feels so repetitive but I really don't know how else to describe our performances. There's an eery consistency between them all that feels unlike anything we've had before. There's not that sense of "good to win ugly", or "phew that was a close one!" or "thank god we had (insert star player) to get us over the line."

It's just great, hard, coherent and confident footy, every half, every week. Making every opponent we face - even strong ones - look lost at sea. There will be a time we fail to deliver that and the instinct might be to panic or feel the doom & gloom when that time comes, but these first ten weeks should be reason enough for us to avoid falling into that trap. We really have set the season up incredibly.

Ps. I have zero time for any media discussion of our midfield that does not begin with the name James Rowbottom.

GO BLOODS

this is a genuine class side ... even our role players have a touch of class about them ... jordon, mcinerney, wicks, cunningham, et al ...
people wonder if we're peaking too early, i'd say this team is still getting better ...

I'm of the opposite mind. Having 1 or 2 players kick 80% of your score isn't sustainable because what happens if they get blanketed or injured? Having a wide range of goal kickers allows us to be unpredictable when forward and can change things up if something isn't working
So true. Our three talls are working well, even when they aren't scoring, they are decoys or getting the ball to ground for our crumbers, like last night when McDonald tapped it to Heeney for goal

this is a genuine class side ... even our role players have a touch of class about them ... jordon, mcinerney, wicks, cunningham, et al ...
people wonder if we're peaking too early, i'd say this team is still getting better ...
Nahhh youse all managed to flex your collective muscle at the same time...fortunately it was agin those Cartoon cheats!
Set the bar for all to see...can only get better! I'm on the Blood's Train for this year's GF! Toot...toot...

You seriously tipped WCE?
We lost to Richmond the week before, had off field issues going on and it looked like the wheels were falling off.

I may have thrown all the toys out of my cot after the Richmond game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back