Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

My team - For what its worth….

B Florent Melican Rampe
HB Cunningham McCartin Blakey
C Gulden Mills McInerney
HF Parker McDonald Hayward
F Wicks Mclean Papley
Foll Grundy Heeney Rowbottom
Int Adams Amartey Jordan Warner
Sub Lloyd
Emerg Roberts Parker Francis

My team - For what its worth….

B Florent Melican Rampe
C Gulden Mills McInerney
F Wicks Mclean Papley
Sub Lloyd
Emerg Roberts Parker Francis

Parker HF and emergency is versatility at its best :)

Well now that Parker is out, and really we have done without him all season thus far, maybe bringing him in might've been a liability - our boys are super fast now, he might be left behind. Anyway, due to his own stupidity he’s out for a while longer. And to be honest, we don’t need Reid, he’s been hit & miss for many years now due to continuous injuries. Mills needs to be right on song and exhibit true maturity & leadership when he comes back in. Id certainly feel for the young lads who have been amazing this year to get us into the position we are now, should they be dropped to let those three in.

Isaac Heeney
Swans Mark of the Week

Campbell might stay best 23
Think he adds something as sub at least.

I don't see Lloyd going to the sub, Mills probably keeps Roberts from the best side at the moment if everyone is fit
Lloyd is one of the safest guys in the team. As hard as it is for some to believe. He is highly rated internally.

Finally had the time to sit down and check the old Big Footy.

Wow what a night. Party vibes at the SCG and we are officially the hottest ticket in town.
I got a message at 8pm from the marketing team about the Red Zone being filled. They didn't expect this, it's only happened once ever. But they did their best to get most people into seats. In the group we do stress the Red Zone/GA is unreserved so you do need to get there earlier. The Geelong game is heading in that direction as well.

The game; my biggest take from it, was at the 20 minute mark of the first quarter, they figured out what was going wrong, and on the run, fixed it. That was a huge sign of maturity and where our group is heading. The rest is history. It was foot on the throat, boys against men.

We are by a country mile the best side in the comp right now. It's a good feeling. And there's the feeling that 2024 is going to be something special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy Parker nobody is talking about what Towers can add to this side when he comes home via the mid-season draft.
Fun fact: In 2019, Errol Gulden played in the Sydney AFL for the UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs, winning the grand final by 18 points over Sydney University. The Captain-Coach of the team at that time was none other than Dean Towers, so before Gulden was dominating the AFL he had actually played under the coaching of Towers.

Fun fact: In 2019, Errol Gulden played in the Sydney AFL for the UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs, winning the grand final by 18 points over Sydney University. The Captain-Coach of the team at that time was none other than Dean Towers, so before Gulden was dominating the AFL he had actually played under the coaching of Towers.

People talk a lot about the bid being so late because of his lack of height. I think this is the more important factor that opposition clubs overlooked.

Parker HF and emergency is versatility at its best :)
Oops!

B Florent Melican Rampe
C Gulden Mills McInerney
F Wicks Mclean Papley
Sub Lloyd
Emerg Roberts Francis Campbell

Re Lloyd - trouble is 25 into 22 don’t go.

I appreciate he’s a good thinker and brave…but in front of goal he’s a train wreck.

I out him as sub because if anyone can adapt, he can - but I like Cunninghams pace, kicking and hardness better.

It’s a hell of a side to pick.

Oops!

B Florent Melican Rampe
C Gulden Mills McInerney
F Wicks Mclean Papley
Sub Lloyd
Emerg Roberts Francis Campbell

Re Lloyd - trouble is 25 into 22 don’t go.

I appreciate he’s a good thinker and brave…but in front of goal he’s a train wreck.

I out him as sub because if anyone can adapt, he can - but I like Cunninghams pace, kicking and hardness better.

It’s a hell of a side to pick.

Nice problem to have , will be interesting , I think Lloyd comes in, campbell sub (assuming fox hurt) and Parker emergency

But no doubt we get injuries

The biggest change for mine this year is that I can trust the team to go on with it. 4 goals down and I wasn’t too worried - just thought they’ll settle down, momentum will swing and we’ll be right as it’s so early in the game. The team has generally improved over the 4 quarters in most matches and usually have plenty left going into 4th.

A year ago I’d be going into meltdown 4 goals down, expecting the worst.

Certainly that bloods ‘feel’ has returned and the the bond and club spirit is just so alive right now & is bloody awesome to be part of as a supporter.

9-1 start is (at the least) a 1 in 79 year event - get excited !!!!!

I am just enjoying thrilled by the week to week ride.

Feel very much for the admirable 🦊. He’s such a plug and play player. His endeavour and never say die attitude is an example to the Club. Am looking forward to his speedy return.

Tell me swans board you didn’t think of Sataris when Harry scored lol

This was my face when he slotted it through.

160010.jpg

What a weekend of footy. We keep getting the job done while other top 4 candidates drop their bundle.

Essendon 1.5 games back
Actual contenders 2+ Games back
Highest % in the top 8 is 115.5% (GWS)
bullflogs the only team with % above 120

And by the end of next round we can change that

What a glorious time to be swans supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back