Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1483648
When you’ve got that ‘big club’ feel.

Shut up Clarko, you haven't even started yet, comeback to me when you have done the due diligence and impact assessment on membership, attendance, sponsorship, player retention and so on. - Snake_Baker.

I got home from work at 6 o'clock and, in between other things, I've only now finished catching up on the events of today as experienced and recounted by all you truly wonderful people. Worth every ******* minute. What a day.

Forgetting Clarko for a minute, it's so bloody good to see The Other Dean and Kimbo back here, however briefly. They're two of the best people I have encountered on here and there's something very comforting seeing them virtually check in on the NMFC from their far-flung corners of the globe.

Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, * *essendon

So firstly, I'd like to apologise to KIA34 for calling his mail/updates bullshit. Clearly I was wrong and I apologise.

Secondly, whilst I didn't bombard the legendary threads with negativity, I did write an emotional outburst the other day, giving up all hope of getting Clarko and that north couldn't compete in the AFL due to the unfair bias against us. Don't get me wrong, the bias and hate against us is real, but clearly today has showed that heart and honour can help us overcome those ingrained negative attitudes from most in the AFL world.

Those bias's had beaten me down. Hard. I, like all of you, love the club so much that I couldn't handle not getting Clarko at this point, to a drug cheating rabble. I think I would have de-activated my Bigfooty account, which would have been a real shame as this place has helped get me through a really tough time in my life, many of you will know about that.

In terms of bonafides for my love of the club that I have loved for over 30 years (I'm not even 40), I present you with a pic of the day I got my first membership

View attachment 1483433

That was 1992 and I was 7.

My brother and I share a mum, but different dads. All my dads side of the family are Collingwood, and it was my brother who swayed me to the ways of the Shinboner, and who got our mum to love the club as much as we do. My dad took this better than expected and still took me to watch north play many times, more than the pies, as he just wanted me to love footy.

So needless to say my mum, brother and I have been obsessed ever since. My nephew is named Archer, if that helps ram home the point.

Here you will find me at Dallas Brooks Hall in 2007, a mere week after Archer was born next door at the FreesMasonsView attachment 1483448

Certainly one of the greatest nights of my life. I believe it is on the photo wall at Arden St, and as my bro pointed out I also made the Mazda video this week.

But today has certainly rivalled these experiences for me. And I can't help but think back to 2007.

There are probably more knowledgable people on this board about the events of 2007, but I think back to the term "things happen for a reason". The Australian Tax Office threatening to shut the club down unless members could elect 3 board members seems a strange thing to actually save a football club, but that event, coupled with our rise from 3rd last in 2006 to 3rd in 2007, created a protective cocoon around the club out of nowhere. Like some sort of spirit was looking over us, and intervened at just the right time to literally save the club. I mean come on, the ATO doesn't usually save institutions. But I was there for that vote. I was there when Allen Aylett lied to a room full of diehards. I was there when an old lady cried when he walked off without answering any questions or addressing our future. But from that night came JB, Mark Brayshaw and Ron Joseph onto the board.

I think back to a steak knives trade landing us Wayne Carey. The greatest footballer ever who not only gave me the opportunity to sit at the MCG with my mum and brother as we won 2 flags, but also saved the club from a Fitzroy fate. Like something intervened. I don't know much about the 70's but it seems a rule quirk just brought in allowed us to win our first 2 flags. Again, like something was looking after us.

Fast forward to 2020. I sat there as covid hit and wondered how we would survive the "financial reckoning" facing the AFL and clubs. I saw a promising first year coach implode and a new coach hired. That new coach tried his best but as we know, wasn't able to improve us, and judging by results this year, somehow took us backward. I couldn't understand how the club could be so unlucky. How EVERYTHING seemed to go against us, and how media people and AFL people seemed to get off on it.

It may have been the first thread about Alastair Clarkson and how we should get him, I scoffed at our chances. But again, things seem to have happened for a reason. Shaw and Noble had to happen to get us here. We hire say Brett ratten and he probably does a reasonable job and we miss out on Clarko. Noble shows even a hint of improvement this year and we miss out on Clarkson.

The world works in mysterious ways, and seemingly especially for our great club. When things are darkest something odd happens and we survive these tough times. And in some cases thrive.

Maybe Clarko leads us to number 5. Maybe he doesn't. But it sure feels like the Shinboner spirit intervening and destiny calling.

Go Roos!!!!!!!!
Cracking post.

Just absolutely superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly the moment which confirmed to me that Clarkson would end up at North. Why the * would he go to that toxic dump when drunken board member Sheedy tells the world the Clarkson will be taking North to Tassie bullshit. What a ******* moron, as if Clarko is going to cop that. An official of a club that is after your signature saying crap like that to the media. The sheer arrogance and entitlement of that shambles of a club.
That was the main reason I put my neck on the line.

So firstly, I'd like to apologise to KIA34 for calling his mail/updates bullshit. Clearly I was wrong and I apologise.

Secondly, whilst I didn't bombard the legendary threads with negativity, I did write an emotional outburst the other day, giving up all hope of getting Clarko and that north couldn't compete in the AFL due to the unfair bias against us. Don't get me wrong, the bias and hate against us is real, but clearly today has showed that heart and honour can help us overcome those ingrained negative attitudes from most in the AFL world.

Those bias's had beaten me down. Hard. I, like all of you, love the club so much that I couldn't handle not getting Clarko at this point, to a drug cheating rabble. I think I would have de-activated my Bigfooty account, which would have been a real shame as this place has helped get me through a really tough time in my life, many of you will know about that.

In terms of bonafides for my love of the club that I have loved for over 30 years (I'm not even 40), I present you with a pic of the day I got my first membership

View attachment 1483433

That was 1992 and I was 7.

My brother and I share a mum, but different dads. All my dads side of the family are Collingwood, and it was my brother who swayed me to the ways of the Shinboner, and who got our mum to love the club as much as we do. My dad took this better than expected and still took me to watch north play many times, more than the pies, as he just wanted me to love footy.

So needless to say my mum, brother and I have been obsessed ever since. My nephew is named Archer, if that helps ram home the point.

Here you will find me at Dallas Brooks Hall in 2007, a mere week after Archer was born next door at the FreesMasonsView attachment 1483448

Certainly one of the greatest nights of my life. I believe it is on the photo wall at Arden St, and as my bro pointed out I also made the Mazda video this week.

But today has certainly rivalled these experiences for me. And I can't help but think back to 2007.

There are probably more knowledgable people on this board about the events of 2007, but I think back to the term "things happen for a reason". The Australian Tax Office threatening to shut the club down unless members could elect 3 board members seems a strange thing to actually save a football club, but that event, coupled with our rise from 3rd last in 2006 to 3rd in 2007, created a protective cocoon around the club out of nowhere. Like some sort of spirit was looking over us, and intervened at just the right time to literally save the club. I mean come on, the ATO doesn't usually save institutions. But I was there for that vote. I was there when Allen Aylett lied to a room full of diehards. I was there when an old lady cried when he walked off without answering any questions or addressing our future. But from that night came JB, Mark Brayshaw and Ron Joseph onto the board.

I think back to a steak knives trade landing us Wayne Carey. The greatest footballer ever who not only gave me the opportunity to sit at the MCG with my mum and brother as we won 2 flags, but also saved the club from a Fitzroy fate. Like something intervened. I don't know much about the 70's but it seems a rule quirk just brought in allowed us to win our first 2 flags. Again, like something was looking after us.

Fast forward to 2020. I sat there as covid hit and wondered how we would survive the "financial reckoning" facing the AFL and clubs. I saw a promising first year coach implode and a new coach hired. That new coach tried his best but as we know, wasn't able to improve us, and judging by results this year, somehow took us backward. I couldn't understand how the club could be so unlucky. How EVERYTHING seemed to go against us, and how media people and AFL people seemed to get off on it.

It may have been the first thread about Alastair Clarkson and how we should get him, I scoffed at our chances. But again, things seem to have happened for a reason. Shaw and Noble had to happen to get us here. We hire say Brett ratten and he probably does a reasonable job and we miss out on Clarko. Noble shows even a hint of improvement this year and we miss out on Clarkson.

The world works in mysterious ways, and seemingly especially for our great club. When things are darkest something odd happens and we survive these tough times. And in some cases thrive.

Maybe Clarko leads us to number 5. Maybe he doesn't. But it sure feels like the Shinboner spirit intervening and destiny calling.

Go Roos!!!!!!!!

Every now and then we all need to be calmed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back