All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For everyone who knows something, has heard something etc etc and everyone who keep telling us an announcement will be made soon , a lot of nothing is happening so I am coming to the conclusion no one here actually knows anything and we are all posting our best guesses.

Something that has been touched on here and is interesting to think about is if other sports (Soccer, Rugby etc) get competitions going and local footy seniors say no, that will be a monumental miss by the local footy leagues and be a potential disaster for them.

For everyone who knows something, has heard something etc etc and everyone who keep telling us an announcement will be made soon , a lot of nothing is happening so I am coming to the conclusion no one here actually knows anything and we are all posting our best guesses.

Something that has been touched on here and is interesting to think about is if other sports (Soccer, Rugby etc) get competitions going and local footy seniors say no, that will be a monumental miss by the local footy leagues and be a potential disaster for them.
Massive difference between a professional competition, where it’s there job to play and local football. Could be a disaster if they actually played aswell!!

Massive difference between a professional competition, where it’s there job to play and local football. Could be a disaster if they actually played aswell!!
I am referring to community soccer and rugby not professional, I wasn't very clear there....

Yeh fair enough. I still can’t see them playing local soccer or rugby in the next month or 2 at least. But time will tell
At least they have committed to a plan, Rugby has had a community sport plan and return date for about a month.

I just keep hearing from everywhere clubs aren’t interested.

Lets think about the bigger picture..

Do you think the out of towners country clubs bring in to have a team in the country will be driving up without their $1000?

Do you think D1 clubs who have multiple blokes on $500 are going to give up saturday work to play for zero?

Do you think players wont play for the risk as they may live with relatives who are vulnerable?

Are players willing to risk have to take 7-10 days sick leave if they play someone who gets sick and they need to be tested and await results?

What league fees are they expecting?

Every club ive spoken to simply just wants it confirmed The season is off.

I just keep hearing from everywhere clubs aren’t interested.

Lets think about the bigger picture..

Do you think the out of towners country clubs bring in to have a team in the country will be driving up without their $1000?

Do you think D1 clubs who have multiple blokes on $500 are going to give up saturday work to play for zero?

Do you think players wont play for the risk as they may live with relatives who are vulnerable?

Are players willing to risk have to take 7-10 days sick leave if they play someone who gets sick and they need to be tested and await results?

What league fees are they expecting?

Every club ive spoken to simply just wants it confirmed The season is off.
What clubs have you spoken to?

2 D1 club, 1 in d2 and 1 in d3.

All the same answers. Its all to hard and risky financially

I’ve heard NH Eltham banyule Thomastown lalor kilmore West Heid reservoir laurimar mernda all very keen only club I know that isn’t is Northcote Park

What’s the consensus around today’s announcement around The further easing of restrictions?

It helps, particularly if you can do two groups of 20, maybe why the leagues had the return to training on June 1 so we never had to bother with groups of 10. We could be at 40- 60 players by the second/third week of June.

I still say the biggest issue is money, the leagues will keep “trying” to get a season going but a small few will have enough to pull to cancel the season. But look at how the restrictions have eased in 3 weeks, imagine where we could be in 6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matin Parkula (Vic minister for sport) has tweeted this morning;

June 22nd.
Cafes/restaurants to have up to 50 amongst many other services opening up including gyms, swimming centres, stadiums etc.

Matin Parkula (Vic minister for sport) has tweeted this morning;

June 22nd.
Cafes/restaurants to have up to 50 amongst many other services opening up including gyms, swimming centres, stadiums etc.

Giddy Up

Great to be able to go have a meal and beer at the pub. Makes absolutely no difference to local footy starting up though unfortunately.
I reckon reading the lines that crowds would be considered seperate to the number of players and volunteers required to operate game day. If so would 100 spectators that are separated from players officials and Clubrooms generate a minimum cost season? I reckon it would be close

I reckon reading the lines that crowds would be considered seperate to the number of players and volunteers required to operate game day. If so would 100 spectators that are separated from players officials and Clubrooms generate a minimum cost season? I reckon it would be close
They’ve already said bars and canteen will not be allowed open if play resumes , so could be 5000 people there, yhey can’t spend a cent. And we are still forgetting the fact players can’t touch each other? How’s that work?

They’ve already said bars and canteen will not be allowed open if play resumes , so could be 5000 people there, yhey can’t spend a cent. And we are still forgetting the fact players can’t touch each other? How’s that work?
Covid19 Officer will make it happen 👍

So under your way of thinking you are preferring the no play until a vaccine is discovered in who knows when?

“If” the professionals decide its safe to play, would 100 make a season possible? Reading the protocols around training they indicate numbers of 10 or as they are now at 20 that staff or coaches are excluded from of that number. Furthermore, with pubs and cinemas and some stadiums opening. Would staff be counted outside of the 50 in June? Could that be applied that participants and spectators are considered seperate when or if games are played?

NRL and AFL have loosely flagged interest in some sort of small crowd.

So under your way of thinking you are preferring the no play until a vaccine is discovered in who knows when?

“If” the professionals decide its safe to play, would 100 make a season possible? Reading the protocols around training they indicate numbers of 10 or as they are now at 20 that staff or coaches are excluded from of that number. Furthermore, with pubs and cinemas and some stadiums opening. Would staff be counted outside of the 50 in June? Could that be applied that participants and spectators are considered seperate when or if games are played?

Who really knows at this stage. All that's been said on something somewhat relevant, is you can have 20 people at your place, but if you have 5 family members you can only have 15 visitors.
There are still many problems to be solved before play can commence and so many of those problems are still unknown.

No I’m saying that they would have to make a decision in the next week or 2 if play was to resume and give everyone a date. It’s impossible to give clubs a week or 2 notice and think they will be ready financially more then anything . At this stage it’s a week to week and month to month decision, so you can’t presict what the restriction will be in late July-August. So that makes it nearly impossible to run a season. I’d rather this happen:
-scrap the year
- start training ASAP
- full group and contact training by August-September
- get them playing a few practice matches against other clubs in there comp before Christmas (some night games in summer)
- get the bars and canteens and functions happening by December/run along side cricket clubs
- start pre season next February and have a massive build up to 2021 where footy is back to as normal as possible

No I’m saying that they would have to make a decision in the next week or 2 if play was to resume and give everyone a date. It’s impossible to give clubs a week or 2 notice and think they will be ready financially more then anything . At this stage it’s a week to week and month to month decision, so you can’t presict what the restriction will be in late July-August. So that makes it nearly impossible to run a season. I’d rather this happen:
-scrap the year
- start training ASAP
- full group and contact training by August-September
- get them playing a few practice matches against other clubs in there comp before Christmas (some night games in summer)
- get the bars and canteens and functions happening by December/run along side cricket clubs
- start pre season next February and have a massive build up to 2021 where footy is back to as normal as possible

so because your club is already under the pump you want the season called off to enable them a chance to load up to pay overs again? Maybe they should just sit out.

so because your club is already under the pump you want the season called off to enable them a chance to load up to pay overs again? Maybe they should just sit out.
This takes the cake for the dumbest comment during this whole scenario. Still living off those doom and gloom rumours I see from last year? If the season starts Bundoora is fine and ready to go and will adapt like most clubs. But some clubs will really struggle. You do realise over 50% of clubs have voted they prefer the season to be called off? And who do you support? Or are you going just be a keyboard warrior and not tell us.

And wouldn’t you say paying overs for players means you are paying big money for no results?

This takes the cake for the dumbest comment during this whole scenario. Still living off those doom and gloom rumours I see from last year? If the season starts Bundoora is fine and ready to go and will adapt like most clubs. But some clubs will really struggle. You do realise over 50% of clubs have voted they prefer the season to be called off? And who do you support? Or are you going just be a keyboard warrior and not tell us.

And wouldn’t you say paying overs for players means you are paying big money for no results?
I won’t disagree with your passion but the truth is from a very reliable source that the bulls are far from fine . The comment was made “ we are really struggling “ .. just hope we get answers soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back