List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing a draft preview podcast tomorrow with a few of the keen draft watchers. If you’ve got any questions you’d like answered on air, quote away

How many picks do we have to take in the draft?

It would be interesting to see a statistical breakdown of that.

There are more clubs in and players from Melbourne so it makes sense that the majority of players that move end up there. I think the 'homesick' factor is just de facto player movement, a smokescreen because we're not yet mature enough as a competition.
5 homesick vics to 1 sick west aussie ( or 1 sick queenslander . 1 Nsw. 1 S.a for that matter ) ratio

Williams is, first and foremost, a ruckman. He has very good ruck craft......his palming is A grade and when the ball comes to ground follows up and hunts it with aggression. He is also quick to protect his midfielders with blocking opposition mids. He is a very good overhead mark. At 19 he is well advanced as a ruck and I think we will see him get games early in 2020 and there's a fair chance he will be the favoured 2nd ruck for most of the year.
He (Williams )is also very quick when he wants to be .
I am thinking about how often a replacement comes in and unexpectedly becomes a star . When Jackovich did a knee a young bloke called Gehrig had to come in . When Gardiner had injuries . Cox took the mantle . McGovern was thrown in the backline in desperation to cover Mckenzie and Brown . I remember McInnes and callum Sinclair trialling defence with EP in the WAFL . Sheed coming in for Gaff .
Not that you hope a misfortune comes so another gets an opportunity but we have a few very good reserves that could be massive .
Williams is a diamond in the rough . He is a good prospect as is Brander . Hamish Brayshaw has had injuries just at the wrong times for the last 3 or 4 years He does have some skills and with a good run without injuries his improvement will be massive .

Still think the by far the most glaring deficiency on our list is a young developing ruck.

Currently we have 3 guys over or pushing 30, 2 of those are injury prone (NN and Vardy). And I'd argue Vardy isn't even a first choice ruck anyway.

And then Williams, who looks hugely exciting, but is more of a fwd first at this stage also.

That's it. And given our first pick looks to be right in the hitting zone to grab one of the more rated rucks after Jackson, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way we go.
Ruck is an over rated position. For all the flapping over Gawn and Grundy, their ruck work does not translate into massively improved clearances. We can just keep picking up solid B grade rucks from the state clubs or other teams (Sinclair, Vardy, Hickey).

Ruck is an over rated position. For all the flapping over Gawn and Grundy, their ruck work does not translate into massively improved clearances. We can just keep picking up solid B grade rucks from the state clubs or other teams (Sinclair, Vardy, Hickey).
I would say you’re right in some instances but West Coast have a penchant for getting the most out of our ruck position and doing it well year after year. You only have to look at the Naitanui and Lycett combo a few years back... you know what happened next campaigners

Unless Melbourne bids on Green...

You would think GWS would have some sort of behind the scenes agreement to be so confident to pull the trigger on the trade so early
Melbourne would be silly to bid on greene as he is the exact type they have too many of in inside beasts with average kicking .

That said they did just get 2 wingers in Tomlinson and langdon who are outside mids with average kicking so who knows

Doing a draft preview podcast tomorrow with a few of the keen draft watchers. If you’ve got any questions you’d like answered on air, quote away
Top 10 west aussie draft prospects not named,robertson,jackson,henry,sharp or rivers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reckon Geelong could sell all our picks for pick 2 ......14/24/36 for pick 2 or maybe 14/17/36 for pick 2 .
I doubt GC would do all of 14/17/24/36 for pick 2. The top 2 are great mates and standouts according to people better informed than me, why would you trade out for midrange picks?

Geelong best bet is an early bid for someone like Henry and freo trade back. To move up the order history shows you pay a big points premium which is useful in that scenario

I doubt GC would do all of 14/17/24/36 for pick 2. The top 2 are great mates and standouts according to people better informed than me, why would you trade out for midrange picks?

Geelong best bet is an early bid for someone like Henry and freo trade back. To move up the order history shows you pay a big points premium which is useful in that scenario

Just read that GC are still open to trading those picks for the right deal so they might have something in mind , they need depth maybe more picks in the draft offers more chances .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He (Williams )is also very quick when he wants to be .
I am thinking about how often a replacement comes in and unexpectedly becomes a star . When Jackovich did a knee a young bloke called Gehrig had to come in . When Gardiner had injuries . Cox took the mantle . McGovern was thrown in the backline in desperation to cover Mckenzie and Brown . I remember McInnes and callum Sinclair trialling defence with EP in the WAFL . Sheed coming in for Gaff .
Not that you hope a misfortune comes so another gets an opportunity but we have a few very good reserves that could be massive .
Williams is a diamond in the rough . He is a good prospect as is Brander . Hamish Brayshaw has had injuries just at the wrong times for the last 3 or 4 years He does have some skills and with a good run without injuries his improvement will be massive .

Williams could be a star for us. There is a lot to like about him when you accept blokes that size take a bit of time in the system to be able to match it at AFL level.

Vardy had a good game against Adelaide in Round 10 when Hickey missed. For whatever reason Vardy had a down season though. Couldn't take a mark and didn't gel at all with Hickey. A real waste of a year for Vards unfortunately.

He never looked fit IMO.

I'm wondering if he and the club got him to bulk up last preseason knowing that Nic would be out for most of the season and they needed a ruck more than a forward. If so it didn't work.

He strikes me as a player who needs to slim down to get the best out of his body not bulk up.

Needs to be from our remote WA region ( indigenous players ) which is the Pilbara I believe , if Taylor is from Perth ( not remote WA ) then he is an open draft option .

I believe the regional criteria is abolished after this year so next year they just have to be aboriginal but this only applies to pick 40 and beyond.

Plenty of pick swaps going on in "non trade week"

Norf just got pick 30
Hawthorn just got pick 50,73 and 2020 2nd rounder.

Get in there Vozzo ya dweeb 🤓

Still applying cream after the pineapple he copped from Wells and Geelong three weeks ago.

Will be interesting if we fire another shot this exchange period. Cut off is Friday and then live trading on draft nights.

Plenty of pick swaps going on in "non trade week"

Norf just got pick 30
Hawthorn just got pick 50,73 and 2020 2nd rounder.

Get in there Vozzo ya dweeb 🤓
Norf with 3 top 30 picks . Reeks of brady rawlings even though he is not allowed to be part of norfs list managment yet .

Also getting boner for a pack of chips .

I miss him already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back