Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Christian boy,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squarehead

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I said at the very start.
Walk your property every morning, as you might find a better spot before you've expended on your camp-site.
Walking your property everyday allows you to stack firewood along the way and be able to retrieve quickly if it rains for 2 days and you're stuck indoors.
So that's a failure for church boy.
His new campsite is 1.2km away. You're not walking that far every morning, even less so for firewood, particularly given the density of the scrub. I do, however, agree that he should have fully explored his allotted area before establishing his permanent campsite.
Clean around your water access.
If you suddenly get burnt you can access water safely immediately.
No snags for fish.
The waterside rocks are perfect size for fire and a smoking pit, these 2 things should be built early so a late night catch can be smoked whilst you sleep.
Silly army doofus tried to eat a late night eel and wasted it because he lacked foresight.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of rock, and her campsite seems to be the only one with a shallow beach where clearing the snags at "low tide" has even been viable. The snag which Mike was trying to clear was 4m under water, and only about 10m offshore.
The woman.
Although like all if us she made minor errors her camp is structurally perfect with a windbreak for severe weather.
The other 2 would die if it rained hard for 3 days straight.
Agreed - her shelter is vastly superior to the others. I'm not so much concerned about the others being waterproof, so much as hers having much better thermal insulation. They don't need to go as far as the US participants, because it simply doesn't get as cold down there - the lake isn't freezing over, and there's no snow on the ground. Even so, having thermal insulation around her shelter ensures she wastes less energy keeping warm (particularly important given that she doesn't have a sleeping bag).

This tap out was probably a bit obvious, hey? He would've needed the perfect cave and 5 pound brownies jumping onto the shore to keep him there after the move, that was very much a last ditch attempt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being at the reunion.

How long did you last?

Less than a day, I thought the Tassie Devils were gonna eat me.

How long did you last?

Just over a day. I missed my family soooooo much.

How long did you last?

A few days, I couldn't start a fire.

What about you hunter?

Nah mate, I.couldn't find anything to hunt so I pretended I hurt my knee.

Imagine being at the reunion.

How long did you last?

Less than a day, I thought the Tassie Devils were gonna eat me.

How long did you last?

Just over a day. I missed my family soooooo much.

How long did you last?

A few days, I couldn't start a fire.

What about you hunter?

Nah mate, I.couldn't find anything to hunt so I pretended I hurt my knee.
'allegedly'

Old mate spent days making various elaborate traps, all to no avail, Gina falls on a wallaby while having a piss.

Imagine if the wind is blowing the smell of cooking meat down to Mike?

It'll be a good story at the reunion if Gina wins and she tells how she got her wallaby, poor old Mike will slash up.

Family pics are out, he's done.

Wild how, after all the day by day stuff, they're just skipping ahead 4-5 days at a time now.

Back