Society/Culture Alt-Right: How the Breitbart Machine Laundered Racist Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree.

Coming back to my point about taking a 16 year old to Milo being child abuse, I feel we're more likely destroy these points of view by ruthlessly unpacking them rather than dismissing them outright.

I was quite miffed while taking a climate change subject at uni that they did not invite any denialist guest speakers. I felt it could have been a great learning experience for the class.
Should medical courses invite anti vaxxers and homeopaths to speak. Should geography courses invite flat earthers. At some point, we have to stop pandering to the blatantly false.

I was quite miffed while taking a climate change subject at uni that they did not invite any denialist guest speakers. I felt it could have been a great learning experience for the class.

Did you ask?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At some point, we have to stop pandering to the blatantly false.
Of course lines need to be drawn. However, there's a difference between pandering and making an attempt at engagement.

Pernicious views exist in the community and a concerning amount of people are subscribing to them. They are a macroscopic representation of people's concerns. I want to understand these concerns.

There's always going to be the stubborn fools who'll refuse to change. However, I feel there's way too many people being pulled from the centre towards the extremes. If you don't engage with these views and the people who hold them, how are we supposed to make positive changes? Am I just being young and idealistic?

Trump and Brexit appear to be a direct repudiation of the notion that we can dismiss society's fringes.

Time and again I do a simple test to see if anybody in the thread views the video. The view counters barely ever tick over.

Could you summarise?

Milo made some very good points about marriage. He was articulate and his ideas were thought provoking.

You would have hated it.

He did take particular pleasure in how his union with a black man triggered people like yourself.

Milo made some very good points about marriage. He was articulate and his ideas were thought provoking.

You would have hated it.

He did take particular pleasure in how his union with a black man triggered people like yourself.

Is homosexuality a genetic impediment to whipping up RWA hatred of Muslims, Jews, immigrants, feminists, etc?

Milo not being a bigot because he's married to a black dude is the biggest load of s**t I've heard since Tony Abbott said he was a feminist because he had three daughters.
'I'm not devastated by the accidental secondary consequence of absolutely enraging the progressive left. 'Who is this white supremacist white nationalist racist sexist homophobic neo-nazi ...what is he doing marrying a black man? All our narratives are exploding!'

- Milo The Great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back