American Idiots want new Christian State

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some of them are genuinely theocrats, some are hard nationalists who want to close the borders and turn back the clock on all social change.
I think a vast majority of them though are just grifters who would say and do anything to get or stay on the gravy train.
Which is why Trump is their perfect figurehead.
The percentage of republicans who actually geniunely believe the big lie would be very very small, maybe that idiot who believes in demonic possession running in Michigan, but thats about it. For the rest its a performance piece.

I wish they would actually just * off somewhere. Give them a big island where they can live whatever cruel, stupid version of reality they want & leave the rest of us alone.
The problem is they couldn’t.
They’d be launching crusades in no time. They can’t bear the idea of others doing what they like, they have to be right. About everything.

They can’t bear the idea of others doing what they like, they have to be right. About everything.
An informative video on the subject from some leftismist:

Walk the path or else.

There's no room for nuance.

There is no allowance to be made.

Harm reduction? No! Bad activity is to be proscribed.

Teen pregnancy? Abstinence only! No birth control! No education! Just don't! Get preggers? Banished!

Which makes their support of it all the more despicable imo
The thing about the US politics I always found hard to understand is that even most the educated and switched on members of a party would hold the party line no matter how F***** up it was.

It's one of the reasons why if Trump runs again you'll the GoP members pushing all sorts of things.

Really interesting stuff old USA.

Last edited:
Nonreligious Questions

Republicans and bibles and sharia law, oh my!

Dreams of Christian theocracy: Republican lawmakers are raising money to promote a plan for a 51st “Christian state” which would be based on Biblical law.

Last week GOP lawmakers held a fundraiser for the proposed creation of a 51st state called “Liberty,” a “Christian state” that would “span parts of Washington and Oregon, as well as Idaho, Montana and Wyoming” and be based on biblical law.

The movement to create a Christian state in the Pacific Northwest is being led by Washington state Rep. Matt Shea

The Idaho State Journal reports:

The Liberty State Gala drew about 200 people to the CenterPlace Regional Event Center in Spokane Valley. Supporters of the new Christian conservative state — which would span parts of Washington and Oregon, as well as Idaho, Montana and Wyoming — raised money by auctioning pies and other desserts.​
The lineup of speakers included Shea, a Spokane Valley Republican who has championed the Liberty State movement; Spokane City Councilor Mike Fagan; Spokane City Council candidate Tim Benn; and Loren Culp, the police chief in Republic, Wash., who made national headlines when he pledged not to enforce a controversial gun control initiative that voters passed in November.​
Irrelevant. The christian right is going to take control of the whole country in a new usa dictatorship after trump wins the next election and uses congress, the supreme court and the military to implement a christian nut job coup.

edit - just realised this is an old post.

The thing about the US politics I always found hard to understand is that even most the educated and switched on members of a party would hold the party line no matter how F***** up it was.

It's one of the reasons why if Trump runs again you'll the GoP members pushing all sorts of things.

Probably because of no preference voting so it’s just 2 parties. So if you aren’t with team a you are seen to be with team b.

Probably because of no preference voting so it’s just 2 parties. So if you aren’t with team a you are seen to be with team b.
Well yes that's true but more so within parties I guess. I mean is just so divided.

Trump was always a good example on this and whilst he is a polarising character, I do wonder how much of this is extended by the parties and there nature.

As I said its interesting watch this all happenig.

Well yes that's true but more so within parties I guess. I mean is just so divided.

Trump was always a good example on this and whilst he is a polarising character, I do wonder how much of this is extended by the parties and there nature.

As I said its interesting watch this all happenig.

Well Newt Gingrich was the original bomb thrower 30 years ago, and it worked, GOP won the 94 mid terms.

It ramped up more when Obama got in, then turbo charged with Trump onwards.

These are the kind of people that wanna control governments

I memba as a kid, one of the "leaders" at the church got really angry with me playing DOTA because Zeus is in it and he's a Greek god, weirdos

These are also the same people who later get caught masturbating outside pre schools in their car and then claim they were 'stressed'

Complete projection as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonreligious Questions

Republicans and bibles and sharia law, oh my!

Dreams of Christian theocracy: Republican lawmakers are raising money to promote a plan for a 51st “Christian state” which would be based on Biblical law.

Last week GOP lawmakers held a fundraiser for the proposed creation of a 51st state called “Liberty,” a “Christian state” that would “span parts of Washington and Oregon, as well as Idaho, Montana and Wyoming” and be based on biblical law.

The movement to create a Christian state in the Pacific Northwest is being led by Washington state Rep. Matt Shea

The Idaho State Journal reports:

The Liberty State Gala drew about 200 people to the CenterPlace Regional Event Center in Spokane Valley. Supporters of the new Christian conservative state — which would span parts of Washington and Oregon, as well as Idaho, Montana and Wyoming — raised money by auctioning pies and other desserts.​
The lineup of speakers included Shea, a Spokane Valley Republican who has championed the Liberty State movement; Spokane City Councilor Mike Fagan; Spokane City Council candidate Tim Benn; and Loren Culp, the police chief in Republic, Wash., who made national headlines when he pledged not to enforce a controversial gun control initiative that voters passed in November.​

give them a state all of their own, call it Trumpistan, and cast them free (secede from the US)

perhaps this will de-radicalise the US

give them a state all of their own, call it Trumpistan, and cast them free (secede from the US)

perhaps this will de-radicalise the US
Give them a slab of desert. The new reservations.

Give them a slab of desert. The new reservations.

I was thinking Alaska

away from everywhere else, close to Trump's good friend Putin and lots of bears (god bless those hungry bears)

I was thinking Alaska

away from everywhere else, close to Trump's good friend Putin and lots of bears (god bless those hungry bears)
Then have a new trail of tears when they have to be moved on because of natural resources.

Surprise, surprise, Matt Shea is an Iraq veteran, and has been divorced multiple times with accusations of domestic violence.

His punishment for offering government surveillance info of opponents to militia and killing people? "In April of 2019 Shea was removed as State House Republican Caucus Chair ".

That is white, male privilege.
No no no

That is a heroic veteran being oppressed by wimmin and probably vegan muslim abortionists trying to subject us to shania law

I wish they would actually just * off somewhere. Give them a big island where they can live whatever cruel, stupid version of reality they want & leave the rest of us alone.
The problem is they couldn’t.
They’d be launching crusades in no time. They can’t bear the idea of others doing what they like, they have to be right. About everything.
So very true. When they cry about losing religious freedom, what freedoms are they being denied or having stripped off them?

The freedom to control how other people live or else they will ruin, or end those people's lives. That's what they want the freedom to do. They most benign example is refusing service to a customer, while tearing their hairshirt when the shoe is on the other foot.

If you are a student of history this crap has repeated over and over again since whatever Roman it was made it the state religion.

This is much more true with the right than the Dems. They work as a bloc much more while the Ds have a problem getting everyone on the same page. That is just the nature of the philosophies I guess. For me, right wing conservatism can easily lean too far into authoritarian nationalism. Liberal left, OTOH, has the potential to go toward loose chaos(ala too many chiefs not enough Indians chaos).

These are the kind of people that wanna control governments

I memba as a kid, one of the "leaders" at the church got really angry with me playing DOTA because Zeus is in it and he's a Greek god, weirdos

He'd call himself a freedom lover. This is the common theme with conservatives. Freedom but only if it affects me. Trans adolescents? F*ck off, who cares what the studies show about low de-transition rates? Abortion? Can't have any of that either. Weed, nope can't allow that. But a mask is too far.

give loons and extremists (not limited to any religion or political belief) a state of their own and declare its sovereignty separate from the US

give them two if need be

perhaps the US will normalise if they are isolated

oh and give them guns.........lots of guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back