Society/Culture American nazi movement commits terrorist attack- at least 1 dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Details here. 1 dead, 19 injured.

Occurred at a nazi rally in Virginia.

Trump avoids any mention of word terrorism. Condemns violence from both sides (?). The rally was organised by a collection of neo nazi groups who believe white genocide is occurring, that white people are being persecuted and immigration is ruining America.

DHB_EJSUQAEryhn.jpg

virginia-protests.jpg

article-charlottesville-4-0811.jpg

This is what happens when you play groups off against each other. Another mark of Trump's failed presidency.
Trump avoids any mention of word terrorism. Condemns violence from both sides (?).

There is also hypocrisy on both sides. Other governments have avoided Islamic terrorism for years, now Trump is avoiding white nationalist terrorism.

So if it is one side it is called violence, if the other side, then it is 'terrorism'.

Not surprising coming from Trump's fans.

Really sad for those injured and killed.
Don't be stupid. Many trump supporters won't condone this. Not to mention how liberals stay completely silent on issues of violence towards people they disagree with. For example they ran away from calling the blm Facebook live torture a hate crime even though it met all criteria. It wouldn't surprise me however that you couldn't be objective on these types of issues.

I already posted figures in another thread that you then tried to dumb down.

I pointed out that per capita your data didn't support the conclusions. What's wrong with that?

There IS hypocrisy on both sides. President Obama WOULD NOT say Islamic terrorism, so Trump can now point to that if anybody criticises him for not specifying the ideology here. It's up to better politicians to set the standard. They didn't.

I pointed out that per capita your data didn't support the conclusions. What's wrong with that?

There IS hypocrisy on both sides. President Obama WOULD NOT say Islamic terrorism, so Trump can now point to that if anybody criticises him for not specifying the ideology here. It's up to better politicians to set the standard. They didn't.
How much further do you want to break it down to suit your position, age group, male/female, socio economic background?
You do realise that Obama is no longer President don't you?

How much further do you want to break it down to suit your position, age group, male/female, socio economic background?

I didn't present a breakdown of terrorism by nationality and religion, you did. I just argued that per capita the data doesn't support the conclusion. Do you have a counter-argument?

You do realise that Obama is no longer President don't you?

Yes. I'm an Obama man, but I'm just referring to the precedent for denial of terrorism he set in America. Donald Trump is currently enabled by it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are willing to admit that what you post is stupid. Great to know.
Nah, just didn't waste my time on ignorant posters like you.
I didn't present a breakdown of terrorism by nationality and religion, you did. I just argued that per capita the data doesn't support the conclusion. Do you have a counter-argument?
You really do have problems reading posts, don't you?

Trump was happy to talk about fundamentalist Islamic terrorism, until his private business relationships in Saudi Arabia were threatened by him doing so.

He's a massive hypocrite, but we don't expect and won't get any better from him. We should have gotten better rhetoric from Obama. Trump also got a lot of support because of Obama's refusal to name Islamic terrorism, so he might not have even been in this position to begin with, without Obama's denial.

He's a massive hypocrite, but we don't expect and won't get any better from him. We should have gotten better rhetoric from Obama. Trump also got a lot of support because of Obama's refusal to name Islamic terrorism, so he might not have even been in this position to begin with, without Obama's denial.

The fact that these people make up a significant chunk of his support base is central to Trump's wishy-washiness on this front.

These are Nazis marching openly on American streets. Not Middle-American conservatives, not right wing people with disagreeable opionions. Actual, swastika-brandishing Nazis. And now they appear to have killed at least one person.

It shouldn't be a difficult prospect to openly condemn them, but the Donald (and many of his Greek chorus on here) just can't seem to find the right words.

It shouldn't be a difficult prospect to openly condemn them, but the Donald (and many of his Greek chorus on here) just can't seem to find the right words.

Agree, but again I would point to Obama's failures with regard to Islamic terrorism, and the mainstream support he received for his denial. People who supported all that can't complain about the nomenclature now.

Yes. I'm an Obama man, but I'm just referring to the precedent for denial of terrorism he set in America. Donald Trump is currently enabled by it.

Are you unwilling to understanding this, or are you unable to understand it?

Obama called it a "sort of manufactured" issue.

"There is no doubt, and I've said repeatedly, where we see terrorist organizations like al Qaeda or ISIL -- They have perverted and distorted and tried to claim the mantle of Islam for an excuse for basically barbarism and death," he said.

"These are people who've killed children, killed Muslims, take sex slaves, there's no religious rationale that would justify in any way any of the things that they do," he said. "But what I have been careful about when I describe these issues is to make sure that we do not lump these murderers into the billion Muslims that exist around the world, including in this country, who are peaceful, who are responsible, who, in this country, are fellow troops and police officers and fire fighters and teachers and neighbors and friends."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back