Society/Culture American nazi movement commits terrorist attack- at least 1 dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Go back and read how this conversation came about straw man.

Well, the whole argument emerged because someone made the link to IS. The argument of what IS are known for seems pretty irrelevant to the discussion, outside of that comparison.

Sigh, the willingness of wannabe Internet heroes to ruin anyone's lives..

A university professor has been wrongly described as a white supremacist by amateur internet detectives on social media wishing to publicly shame those who took part in rallies in Charlottesville.

Professor Kyle Quinn who works at the University of Arkansas was mistakenly identified as one of the unmasked protesters taking part in far right protests on Friday.

The professor's ordeal began on Saturday when thousands began sharing an image of a bearded man posted by Twitter user Yes Youre Racist. It has been publishing photos of those who attended the rally under the hashtag #ExposetheAltRight.

The request didn't go unheard. The internet's digital detectives found an image of Professor Quinn and claimed he was the man pictured at the rally. Although the professor may share a similar look and build to the man photographed, he was in fact more than 1,000 miles away from the demonstrations in Virginia.

On Saturday Professor Quinn was forced to defend his character by by tweeting:"The man in the photo is not me. I am in Fayetteville, Arkansas, not Virginia.

A day later he took to social media again posting: "The individual who wore an engineering shirt in #Charlottesville is not me. I proudly support a diverse environment at U of A."

But his responses didn't stop scores of people from calling him a racist, threatening him, publishing his home address and demanding he lose his job. The reaction prompted a further explanatory tweet from the professor:

I'd like to see him sue the losers that have falsely accused him and published his home address etc. Such scumbags.

I'd like to see him sue the losers that have falsely accused him and published his home address etc. Such scumbags.

Should be laws against doxxing and false accusations, online vigilantism goes offline to the street and nearly always ends badly

You should have seen what some of the posters were accusing people of, just for being connected to the Safe Schools initiative.
Let alone what is being pushed by Federal Ministers.

"Queensland MP George Christensen, has accused a professor linked to the anti-bullying program of being an advocate of paedophilia.
Christensen used parliamentary privilege to level the accusation at Gary Dowsett"

Last edited:
So it seems some Confederate statues are to come down as they are offensive to some. Fair enough.

Meanwhile a conservative African American tosses these up as a counter argument..

Falsish comparisons but interesting nonetheless.

You should have seen what some of the posters were accusing people of, just for being connected to the Safe Schools initiative.
Let alone what is being pushed by Federal Ministers.

"Queensland MP George Christensen, has accused a professor linked to the anti-bullying program of being an advocate of paedophilia.
Christensen used parliamentary privilege to level the accusation at Gary Dowsett"
That Gary Dowsett article leaves a pretty taste in my mouth. Why should we supporting the legal rights of paedophiles and their young lovers?

Falsish comparisons but interesting nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Falsish, yes but not extreme. The better option in my opinion is rather than tear history down in a violent tantrum, mind that history is the Confederates were the actual losers, build or make something else that dwarfs it and tells the better story.

Falsish comparisons but interesting nonetheless.

Falsish, yes but not extreme. The better option in my opinion is rather than tear history down in a violent tantrum, mind that history is the Confederates were the actual losers, build or make something else that dwarfs it and tells the better story.
I'd give you a 2nd like for your av if I could. It rocks.

Lethality, aren't you supposed to be better than this?

You're defending the people who marched in the "Unite the Right" white supremacist rally, while linking KV and the people who supported the removal of the confederate monument to ISIS.

He is adept at representing the views of nazis and confederates, but anyone that calls them racist is a out of bounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Gary Dowsett article leaves a pretty taste in my mouth. Why should we supporting the legal rights of paedophiles and their young lovers?
Not an easy read.

I tried to explain it quite a bit in another thread to some other posters, who of course insinuated that I was a pedophile a few times.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/hypocrisy-of-the-left-part-2.1141142/page-183#post-51797606

You should've seen what they concocted in order to call Joel Radcliffe a pedohpile. Just because he was part of the team that wrote the teacher's guide.

He is adept at representing the views of nazis and confederates,

I like to speak up against hate for all groups.

but anyone that calls them racist is a out of bounds.

They can be classified as racist, but I would prefer we don't do it in a hateful manner. Please stop misrepresenting my views.

Why do you think the people rallying against the "Unite the right" white supremacist rally, are complete losers?
They are gullible rent-a-crowd SJW's and wannabe SJW's.

Uneducated Hillbillies VS High School Diploma Trailer Trash.

If you're sitting at home in Australia and you're emotionally invested in the tearing up of some confederate flag in butt*ville Carolina, and calling random people on the internet neo-nazis, I'll give you the hot tip: you're a loser.

They are gullible rent-a-crowd SJW's and wannabe SJW's.

Uneducated Hillbillies VS High School Diploma Trailer Trash.

If you're sitting at home in Australia and you're emotionally invested in the tearing up of some confederate flag in butt****ville Carolina, and calling random people on the internet neo-nazis, I'll give you the hot tip: you're a loser.
So, just based up on random things, on an issue you don't actually seem to understand, or know about.

I'd say the white supremacists are losers, and the people standing up to them are valued.

So you referred to me as ISIS a few minutes ago.

Yet, you don't want me to use a hateful tone when pointing out nazis are racist?

**** me, you're doing the hard yards for them.

I didn't refer to you as ISIS either. I suppose you told yourself that lie to justify some hateful rhetoric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back