An independent evaluation of our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey Gangsters!!

Someone I respect greatly did an evaluation of our team recently; thought all might be interest.

The Good

Adelaide have recruited some very talented players. Patrick Dangerfield is an awesome midfielder. When he’s firing the Crows usually have a win. If he’s not having a great day on the Adelaide Oval his team usually fails miserably.

The Bad

The rest of the team can be bad because they rely on one player alone which is Patrick Dangerfield. Sure Danger is fast but he’s not the only player the crows need to win games. There are 22 players out there on the oval and all of them need to contribute in some way.

The fact that the recruiters have gone with older players has slowed their team down dramatically. James Podsiadly needs to look at playing in a masters competition as he’s really too slow to be playing at AFL Level these days. The same with Eddie Betts. Also Eddie needs to look at wearing some tighter shorts instead of the baggy ones that keep on falling to the ground all the time. Nobody really needs to see what he is wearing underneath his footy gear. The whole list is aging and it’s making it really hard for Brenton Sanderson to coach the team to the best of their ability.

The Ugly

Aging list is the ugly duckling here. Why footy teams opt to recruit players that have past their time seems a lot of work for my liking. If anything the crows will go from playing finals footy to totally missing out on them and having to go through a strong rebuild. By all means go and get players that are going to last on your list rather than short term players who really should be playing in their local masters competition.

Adelaide Football Club really need to recruit youthful players rather than the old campaigners who are just there to slow the team down. Sure those old campaigners were awesome in their time at other clubs but they are now finished and will probably be retired by the coach at season’s end.

Adelaide will finish outside the 8 this year. Thinking along the lines of between 12th and 16th position.

Solid analysis for mine; be interested to hear other thoughts.

Sorry but that smacks of absolutely no research done at all. Its the stock standard "I don't know many players from this team but I'm going to say my thoughts on them anyway" routine.

He has identified three players. THREE. Our best and most recognisable player, and two new recruits from other teams. From this he has noted that our best player is our best player, and the other two are getting old. This of course all comes to the conclusion that we have an ageing list reliant on only our best player playing well.

Has this bloke heard of Rory Sloane? Daniel Talia? The Crouch Brothers? Mitch Grigg? Charlie Cameron? How deep does he know our list once it gets past the household names, and what strengths and weaknesses does it have?

Seriously, this guy has NFI. Unless its a troll, then he still has NFI.

i wouldn't say eddie betts is old.... does the guy who wrote that actually pay attention? i wouldn't say betts has been firing of late, but he isn't old...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that the recruiters have gone with older players has slowed their team down dramatically. James Podsiadly needs to look at playing in a masters competition as he’s really too slow to be playing at AFL Level these days. The same with Eddie Betts.
Is he saying Eddie Betts is slow? If Eddie is slow, i'm as bloody fast as when you have those nightmares where you try to run and you can only do so in slow-motion.

I guess you don't get much more independent than not really knowing anything at all. Reckon that bloke is right about betts and pods though. Throw in Reilly, porps, vb, thommo and truck and we do have a few in their twilight years. Actually, this bloke's not far off the mark at all.
Kerridge, Grigg, Crouches, Smith, Talia, Cameron, Brown, Laird, Hartigan, Lyons. Ageing? If anything we are a young team.

Kerridge, Grigg, Crouches, Smith, Talia, Cameron, Brown, Laird, Hartigan, Lyons. Ageing? If anything we are a young team.

Was just extending the joke. I will say something though, it's easy to have a laugh at a club that finished where we did and recruited senior players. It's that old 'topping up' accusation and we'd be laughing like s**t if a club who finished 13th did what we did. EXCEPT, even the smallest amount of decent analysis would take into account our lack of early draft picks and the need for insurance against 2 x returning key forwards. Don't know where king got it from, but just seems a joke that has fallen flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back