An independent evaluation of our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Gangsters!!
Someone I respect greatly did an evaluation of our team recently; thought all might be interest.
Solid analysis for mine; be interested to hear other thoughts.
Fairly good analysis of where Adelaide are at Kingy, not too many holes in it for mine.
It would be good to see if the club can take some of it on board to improve the list.

I have an independent review for the OP, it is almost ready, just need to load it.

So do I.

OP has done no research and should be ignored

Fairly good analysis of where Adelaide are at Kingy, not too many holes in it for mine.
It would be good to see if the club can take some of it on board to improve the list.

And here is the man who wrote it!

Anyone who can't see the "joke" needs to get out more :)

I used quotations as its not that funny

Could challenge Rucci for accuracy..
Maybe it was the orange masked Ninja Turtle..

Even this is below Rooch, it actually has a real John Ralph sort of stench about it to me.

And I seriously hope that Kingy's account has been hacked, or there's gonna be a hilarious follow up our something...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True I guess.. but I'm sure copying and pasting ain't to hard

Bingo! Not hard at all ;)

I thought it was pretty Lulzy, and some of the reactions were great. But I'll pass the constructive criticism back to the author, who I'm sure will appreciate it!

People don't realise kingy is a decent poster by now...

Now you're just trolling me :(

Bingo! Not hard at all ;)

I thought it was pretty Lulzy, and some of the reactions were great. But I'll pass the constructive criticism back to the author, who I'm sure will appreciate it!

Now you're just trolling me :(

My bad mate I just seem to see u in every topic I view.. maybe we both have bad qualities or perhaps just perhaps great minds...

For the record, here are the average ages of the teams we've fielded so far this season (and those of our opposition):
R1 (vs Geelong): 24yr 9mth vs 26yr 4mth
R2 (vs Port Adelaide): 25yr 3mth vs 24yr 8mth
R3 (vs Sydney): 24yr 11mth vs 26yr 8mth
R4 (vs St Kilda): 25yr 1mth vs 25yr 0mth
R5 (vs GWS): 24yr 8mth vs 21yr 8mth
R6 (vs Footscray): 24yr 5mth vs 24yr 10mth
R7 (vs Melbourne): 24yr 5mth vs 25yr 0mth
R8: bye
R9 (vs Collingwood): 24yr 8mth vs 25yr 4mth

So.. our teams have been averaging around 24yr 8mths. The oldest team we've selected (R2 vs Port) was just 25yr 3mth. Aging teams average over 26. We've fielded the younger team in just 3 of our 9 games, one of which was GWS. That's with Betts & JPod having played every single game so far.

If the author wants to see what an aging list looks like, then he should be looking at Fremantle, Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn & Carlton.

Adelaide had an aging team.. in 2005-2008 (hence the Jason Torney rule). It's not a problem in 2014.

The Crows have the 7th oldest list in the AFL.
We have just 5 players aged 28+ on our team list. Of those, Porplyzia is extremely unlikely to be around in 2015 and even less likely to play AFL again this year; Rutten is also highly likely to pull the plug at the end of this season. Reilly, JPod and Thompson are all contracted for 2015, with Thompson the only one with a realistic chance of playing on in 2016 (and even then it's probably 50-50 at best). It's becoming increasingly difficult to see Reilly playing more than a handful of games in 2016.

Throw in the likely departure of Angas Graham (age 27) at the end of the year and we're looking at losing 5-6 of our 9 oldest players in the next 2 years. At the end of 2015 we may well have 3 or 4 players aged 28+ on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back