anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Fancy this having to come to the fore from a Victorian .
Now please don't think I am blaming our last, or any previous performances, or non performances, on the umpires by posting this. I am not that stupid.
But these "handballs", have in the past been referred to by Victorian football critics as South Australian hand balls.
Would not look out of place at any rugby ground anywhere in the world.
When I was playing, way back in the dim dark days of Aussie rules football, not the game we are seeing now,You were called for thrwoing the ball if you "hand balled" the ball over head.
All these and more from the FOUR umpires.Obvioulsy, the league and the umpiring panel have not been teaching the new breed of umpires the rules. Or maybe that is the new way they want them to umpire.
I am not sure of others, but watching games on TV , it is amazing the lag we see and hear from the umpires whistles. A silence when there should be a whistle. OH hang on, I will wait until one of the others blows the whistle.
The blatant frees that occur that the umpire in charge sees, but wait for the other one 50metres away to call.
The AFL are taking the football public as backward learners.

Must admit I was fairly amazed when I saw this.

It's a huge advantage for a team to consistently get away with it without being pinged once.

We might as well be doing it too but would we be pinged for it?

It's a huge advantage for a team to consistently get away with it without being pinged once.

Of course we would. You cannot tell me that not one of the four umpires saw any of these throws. Not to mention in review at each break by the ump advisors with TV monitors in the stands.

Last edited:

This is why the captain and later the coach should have highlighted the blatant cheating.
It’s bad enough with the VIC bias, but the club just accepts it.

This is why the captain and later the coach should have highlighted the blatant cheating.
It’s bad enough with the VIC bias, but the club just accepts it.
I would think the club will raise the issue after watching the replay, and having this vision.
I don't believe it is up to the Captain or coach to raise the issue.

Dogs threw their way to a premiership,if they even got pinged one in every ten it would slow down their game dramatically

I come in peace.

Why don't your players just start throwing the ball too? If the umpires aren't going to pay it then why wouldn't you? Is our coach just smarter than yours because he realised we could get an edge by throwing the ball and getting away with it?

I come in peace.

Why don't your players just start throwing the ball too? If the umpires aren't going to pay it then why wouldn't you? Is our coach just smarter than yours because he realised we could get an edge by throwing the ball and getting away with it?

Oh you sweet summer child.

I come in peace.

That's a good questions and I think the answer is that we don't actually get away with it. Hope that helps!

Vicbias strikes again?
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe our midfield coach needs a rugby background, incredible with 4 umpires that it can be so blatant.

I come in peace.

So if you cheat that means you are smarter than everyone else?

I was looking out for throws in today's game and there were a number of questionable ones. The problem is that it is so hard to pick up in real time and depends on the position of the umpire.

I suspect that the AFL doesn't mind letting it go because it speeds up the game.

I was looking out for throws in today's game and there were a number of questionable ones. The problem is that it is so hard to pick up in real time and depends on the position of the umpire.

I suspect that the AFL doesn't mind letting it go because it speeds up the game.
I umpired for 20 years under 1 and 2 umpire systems, with 4 out there they should be catching most of these.

The onus is really on the umps now, if they let it go all teams will start to do it so clamp down on it now and it goes away. You are not going to get 100% of them caught but at least 7 or 8 of those in the video were obvious ones.

I don't mind them letting it go if it's largely uncontested. The issue is when a player gets caught in a tackle and then throws it e.g. Libba on the wing.

Dogs probably get pinged for it this week because its in the agenda. Doesn't help us though (and probably wouldn't have made the difference anyway).
Definitely would not have made the difference.
Last people to blame is the umpires this season. Even the dodgy before the final siren out of bounds non free kick..

I come in peace.

If I wanted my players to do that, I would go watch Rugby.
It is up tot he officials:see UMPIRES, to ensure the rules of the game arefollowed
Throwing of the ball is no allowed in Australian Rules.

Back on umpires.
Any one watch the horror show that was umpires in the Crows Pies game?
What a schmozzle.The umpires have this season with four of them, become the closest spectators to the game.
I can almost hear them screaming M..G.T.And then they pull back... oh oh. I should have called that, but don't worry one of the other three bludgers will call it.Oooops they missed it as welll. Oh well , wow did you see that hit on that Magpies. Great shirt front. Crow player jumped and took him head high .Well done Crows.Ooops shoulda called another.
And so the fiasco went on. A free in the white squar to the Pies, even Ray Charles would have seen that one. But hey, we got three others to callem. Make them earn their coin.
Geez this is agreat game, but where the fck are the umpires.Uh Oh , thats right that is me.
Geez , lucky I was the one in charge of that free the M..g.t missed. And he as let me see... 80... 100 metres away!! Hell he musta gone to spec savers.
Geez, this racket of four umpies is great for me, more money, cos I woulda been up in Bendigo thirds in not for it. And bugger the crowd, they put sheeit on me every week.:handpointup::handpointup::handpointup::handpointup::handpointup:up yours ya dicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back