jcraw1

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gippsland Power
Well now he's gone, and while disappointed with the way it happened, I think it'd be beneficial to have a place where Bomber fans can say thank you to Andrew for all he did at the club.

To me Lovett was pure excitement. His blistering speed and willingness to run through the lines were always a highlight and made long trips to the football always feel worthwhile.

Thanks for the memories Andrew and best of luck in the future with the Saints.

Yeah thanks Lovey, My favourite memory is his gut busting run off half back on anzac day this year that kick started that comeback!

Yep, no ill feelings from me, wish him nothing but success at the Saints. Thanks Andy for all the great highlights you have brought us over the years.

Shattered about the loss but I guess we have to move on. His pace and amazing kicking action was just awesome to watch. Anzac Day and whenever he played Carlton was awesome.

Could not have gone to a better club. :thumbsu:

Farewell Lovett.

Really loved his goals on the run, especially against Carlton.

Still remember the excitement from the crowd when he debuted in '05 against the Hawks, it was Longy all over again when he just grabbed the ball and put his foot to the accelerator.

Farewell Lovett.

Really loved his goals on the run, especially against Carlton.

Still remember the excitement from the crowd when he debuted in '05 against the Hawks, it was Longy all over again when he just grabbed the ball and put his foot to the accelerator.

I remember being so stunned during that debut game. Seemed like it had been so long since we had someone with that mix of flair, pace and skill. Then on Anzac day...

Wish him all the best. One of the more enjoyable experiences as an Essendon fan this last few years has been watching Andrew in full flight. Just magic. I think he will star next year, massive get for the saints. What's he paying for the norm smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thread.

Lovett was a terrific player for us.

I'm very angry that we've lost him but delighted he has found a good home where he can hopefully really excel in a premiership team.

Good luck and all the best, mate. :thumbsu:

It is going to be so hard seeing Lovey in a Saints jumper next season... i have loved him ever since he came as a rookie to the club. Very quickly became my fave player.

Im glad that he has another opportunity for a fresh start at the Saints (better them than Port or Freo). If everything goes to plan for them he should have a premiership medal around his neck next September.

Loved watching him most weekends, in good form or not. His inconsistancy kept me on my feet. It felt like supporting a legend of a team when he was on fire (is a legend of a club anyway ;)). Hope Andrew can do well at St Kilda, and win a Norm Smith next year. Would be special, and understandable as he came from the mighty Dons. In the end, happy to get a first rounder for him. Win-Win. :thumbsu:

Mmmmm why is everyone being so lovey-dovey? (Excuse the pun). The guy walked out on us.........and not to go home, not to go play with his brother or whatever, not because he is struggling for opportunities.....he just walked out. He was happy to go ANY club other than the red and black. Pretty big slap in the face if you ask me considering we kept giving him chances despite all his misdemeanors. Im happy we got compensation for him and i'm not the type to boo ex-players at games and stuff but I sure as s**t aren't hoping to see a Norm Smith around his neck next year. Im hoping to see that around Jobe Watson's neck while Lovett is sitting around wondering why he left us. What is wrong with you guys?

Mmmmm why is everyone being so lovey-dovey? (Excuse the pun). The guy walked out on us.........and not to go home, not to go play with his brother or whatever, not because he is struggling for opportunities.....he just walked out. He was happy to go ANY club other than the red and black. Pretty big slap in the face if you ask me considering we kept giving him chances despite all his misdemeanors. Im happy we got compensation for him and i'm not the type to boo ex-players at games and stuff but I sure as s**t aren't hoping to see a Norm Smith around his neck next year. Im hoping to see that around Jobe Watson's neck while Lovett is sitting around wondering why he left us. What is wrong with you guys?
I enjoyed watching him in full flight, unfortunately my memmories will be his last game in Adelaide:(
Having said that I do hope someone cleans him up when we play them!

one vid that I love:
[youtube]bjMyb6mR0zU[/youtube]
Good player, but i think that we have been compensated pretty well by Stkilda, so I'm not upset to see him go for for pick 16.
He will fit into the Stkilda side nicely.
Just as a bit of an omen the start of this video, Jetta was amazing through traffic, lets hope he can step up this year and maybe we will not miss Lovett as much as first thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back