Rumour Andrew McLeod set to release a book this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Neesham sending him packing because he didn't like McLeod's earing? That's hardly newsworthy. More to the point, it's certainly not damaging to the Adelaide Crows. Note that the rumour is supposedly something which will tear the heart out of the Adelaide Crows club, not Freo.

Stop trolling Vader.

why would it be poorly written, I mean its not like he wrote it himself.

all of these things are ghost written by professional writers/journalists.

You're correct, it was not written by Roo, but that hardly detracts from the fact it's a piece of tripe. Being a professional writer guarantees nothing but payment by the word.

A lot of sports journalists specifically "dumb down" the language used in biographies to make them sound more like the player in question.

Bickley's book was interesting, particularly when he was first chosen for the side, but got a bit boring after that. I never read Roo's book.

Don't bother, there's not much in there other than fluff. No real insights into anything, but didn't really expect there would be.

If anyone is interested, go grab Brett Maher book and have a read. Boti does a very good job detailing Brett’s career with the 36ers. Even if you’re not a basketball fan, go grab it and have a read.

What was wrong with Roo's book? I thought it was a really enjoyable read. Gave good insight into how tough his early footy days were, and what it took for him to make it at the top level, with some interesting and funny stories thrown in.

IMO the content of the book just skimped the surface of what an autobiography should cover. It didn’t really go that deep into a lot of things and didn’t have very good flow. Don’t know other than that but i didn’t enjoy it.

IMO the content of the book just skimped the surface of what an autobiography should cover. It didn’t really go that deep into a lot of things and didn’t have very good flow. Don’t know other than that but i didn’t enjoy it.

Agreed, it was a lot of fluff and very little substance. I was really disappointed with it - and expected far more from Roo.

Agreed, it was a lot of fluff and very little substance. I was really disappointed with it - and expected far more from Roo.

Shane Mensforth is a very good fisherman but writing books this maybe his first and last.

BTW - stop agreeing with me, i don't like it. :) :p:thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back