Recommitted Andy McGrath [re-signed until 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I just think you've reached the point of not reading what you're responding to, before you actually respond.

I've already said I don't have a major issue with 6 years for McGrath.
Yes but you asked which non best 22 player had essentially 5 years left, i answered that

Your issue is also that Hayward shouldnt be used as a part of the examples to determine market value. His lesser type is being offered as much if not greater than Mcgrath to move elsewhere. LESSER TYPE

So to stay he should be offered LESSER ie 5 years not 6 like Mcgrath, which would essentially be the case, unless he chooses to sign for less years

Youve also managed to overlook my other 5 year examples

B.Cox, Quaynor, Rachelle, Soligo (Pre this year), Florent, Hipwood, J.Payne, JVR, Simpkin, Himmelberg, Xerri

Player agents and List managers see the market and what other players are getting and offer deals based around that and what they think the player is worth. Him having 1 year extra then alot of these types is not ridiculous

Further to that alot of these guys werent even FAs

Yes but you asked which non best 22 player had essentially 5 years left, i answered that
No, that's not what I asked.

Your issue is also that Hayward shouldnt be used as a part of the examples to determine market value. His lesser type is being offered as much if not greater than Mcgrath to move elsewhere. LESSER TYPE
The issue here is you're pulling things out of thin air to support your argument.

I didn't raise Hayward as a comparison. I think you'll find you did that.

Youve also managed to overlook my other 5 year examples

B.Cox, Quaynor, Rachelle, Soligo (Pre this year), Florent, Hipwood, J.Payne, JVR, Simpkin, Himmelberg, Xerri

I didn't overlook them. They're just not at all relevant examples of "players not even best 22 getting 5 year deals".

Can you work out why?

Just because there is nothing in media (i assume what your talking about) to suggest another club offered him 6 years does not necessarily mean he wasnt
That seems like backwards logic.

I think it’s pretty safe to assume no one else was offering him a big deal when there was literally no news of such a thing.

That seems like backwards logic.

I think it’s pretty safe to assume no one else was offering him a big deal when there was literally no news of such a thing.
I highly doubt there was no club that would be happy to offer Mcgrath atleast 5 years if he wanted to move

Based on this logic no one has offered many absolute top players in the comp any offers at all

Based on this no club was even happy to offer Mcgrath a 1 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back