Recommitted Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously the longer this goes on, the bigger the problem is for Essendon. If he hasn't re-signed by the end of the weekend, I think he is off to The Dogs. Why wouldn't Essendon pay his asking price anyway ?

Not necessarily true from what I gather the deal is pretty much done it's just a matter of finalising the details as the reason it's been dragging out.

Doesn't strike me a player that will leave.

He’ll do what his adoptive mother tells him to do and she and the club aren’t on the best of terms at the moment. Likely to sign on but there are some at the club who wouldn’t mind if he left because of her.

He’ll do what his adoptive mother tells him to do and she and the club aren’t on the best of terms at the moment. Likely to sign on but there are some at the club who wouldn’t mind if he left because of her.
If she’s that difficult to deal with it would be fireworks with Peter Gordon.

Why would she have beef with the club? Essendon were the only club who took a punt on Tippa if it wasn't for Essendon she wouldn't have son playing AFL.

The club has looked after Tippa very well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would she have beef with the club? Essendon were the only club who took a punt on Tippa if it wasn't for Essendon she wouldn't have son playing AFL.

The club has looked after Tippa very well
I thought I read that this is the attitude she has an issue with. The suggestion that AMT owes Essendon everything for his success and that they should somehow be grateful and take well unders his value. Happy to be corrected on this.

I thought I read that this is the attitude she has an issue with. The suggestion that AMT owes Essendon everything for his success and that they should somehow be grateful and take well unders his value. Happy to be corrected on this.
I don't think she mentioned money at all, more to do with the assumption that Tippa would have not busted his gut if it wasn't for Essendon, it takes away all the hard work he did himself to get to where he is now.

Thanks for the clarification. Surely you guys do everything you can to keep him.
I hope we do, but we can only do/pay so much.

I personally think he'll stay

The chasing of Martin makes it interesting if your salary cap is as tight as alleged. Means you may feel he's leaving, or someone else may be on the way out?

Has to be some p1ss taking about the dollars being reported. 650k+. That's ludicrous.

Good, quick & elusive small forwards, are worth their weight in gold in the modern game.

Can't see him leaving the Bombers....He's obviously going to get a huge pay increase.....Would love him over at the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back