Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

So was I. We don't have Boogaloo Bois in Australia, that should be obvious.

Christ mate, you're having a rough one today eh?

Ive never heard of them TBH i thought you were using a pejorative term. lol. thats actually quite funny.

Im interested as to what source your info comes from in regards to the riots only being a very small issue over there. Have numerous friends across the states mostly democrats mind you, who all said it was very frightening and destructive.

The quotation marks infer I was taking the piss out of the hypocritical Canberra protesters - abusing people for exercising their individual rights while protesting in your words) individual rights.

Most people would have understood but if you require more explanation than most, I applaud you for at least asking nicely.

Hypocrisy is endemic to protest.

- Using fossil fuels to attend climate rallies.

- Protesting police violence and then being violent to police

- Seeking to have consumption of meat outlawed whilst breaking the law to film farms.

Its nothing new mate. It just becomes interesting to you this time because it fits with your left ideology.

Well i'm glad you acknowledge that you were being deliberately disingenuous.

So you are saying that vaccine Mandates are reasonable to a point, however you acknowledge the danger of government power and control when it comes to our rights?

How are you at all surprised then that people are protesting this? People have been protesting about their rights for decades....centuries......

In that case it would seem quite a reasonable thing to protest about. So long as its peaceful, there is no place for violence or destruction of property such as the BLM riots.
I'd suggest the number of people there to 100% protest 'rights' would be incredibly low. The right not to comply with (fairly exclusively) specific health measures would be more accurate. Some of them talk a good game encompassing the wider issues but its largely cover for their specific grievance imo.

I agree with this. They would be more effective if better organised with more clear messaging.
This. I'm constantly amazed by the people they let near the mic for these rallies - Pfizer owns you and your children via patents, the virus hasn't been isolated etc. Maybe 1 speaker in 4 isn't a stark raving loony from what I've seen. Mind blowing that anyone would think these type of people speaking publicly are good for your cause (and another thing that makes me think there aren't all that many civic/rights folk there, in comparison to the number of garden variety rabid anti-vaxxers).

We have at least one very vocal ANTIFA supporter on here.
Sure, and we have one very vocal fully Q-brained devolutionist who regularly assures us Biden is not the US president.

Unsure what point either instance makes. Are hordes of other users taking much notice of them?

You said:

"Individual rights as long as you express them in the exact way I want you to"

Could you not say similar in regards to any issue at the core of a protest?
In this specific instance I reckon there's a distinction. The people there to protest individual rights are harassing other people exercising the very thing they're apparently protesting in support of ie. the right to wear a mask etc.

Hypocrisy is endemic to protest.

- Using fossil fuels to attend climate rallies.

- Protesting police violence and then being violent to police

- Seeking to have consumption of meat outlawed whilst breaking the law to film farms.

Its nothing new mate. It just becomes interesting to you this time because it fits with your left ideology.
You're not making the point you think you are.
Eg. using fossil fuels (a tiny % of consumption) to protest the diesel fuel excise and coal mine approvals (which is not the same as quitting all FF usage overnight) is vastly different to pretending to care about individual rights, then actively seeking out and abusing people exercising their individual rights.

Absolutionists tend to have little grasp on proportionality

PS I'm progressive, not left. There is an important difference.
Ive never heard of them TBH i thought you were using a pejorative term. lol. thats actually quite funny.

Im interested as to what source your info comes from in regards to the riots only being a very small issue over there. Have numerous friends across the states mostly democrats mind you, who all said it was very frightening and destructive.
ACLED data > anecdotes

and

The BLM movement has remained overwhelmingly non-violent.
  • Approximately 94% of all pro-BLM demonstrations have been peaceful, with 6% involving reports of violence, clashes with police, vandalism, looting, or other destructive activity.
    • In the remaining 6%, it is not clear who instigated the violent or destructive activity. While some cases of violence or looting have been provoked by demonstrators, other events have escalated as a result of aggressive government action, intervention from right-wing groups or individual assailants, and car-ramming attacks.
  • In contrast, demonstrations involving right-wing militias or militant social movements have turned violent or destructive over twice as often, or nearly 14% of the time.
Police have taken a heavy-handed, militarized approach to the movement, escalating tensions.
  • Authorities are three times more likely to intervene in pro-BLM demonstrations than they are in other demonstrations.
    • When intervening, they are more likely to use force against pro-BLM demonstrators: 52% of the time, compared to 26% of the time against all other demonstrators.
  • These trends hold whether demonstrations have remained peaceful or not: authorities have engaged non-violent protests associated with BLM more than twice as often as other types of non-violent protests.
    • When intervening, authorities have used force 37% of the time against peaceful pro-BLM protesters, compared to under 20% of the time against other peaceful protesters.
When right-wing militias and militant social movements engage with pro-BLM demonstrators, the risk of violence increases.
  • At least 38 distinct, named far-right groups have engaged directly with pro-BLM demonstrators.
    • Approximately 26% of these demonstrations have turned violent or destructive.

Nanoworms I tells ya. NANOWORMS!!!!!!

Now I'll be honest I don't really love cops, but the poor bastards who have to listen to these dullards should get "metal abuse" allowance.
Listening to their monotone tripe would make you dumber.

Dumb chick. "Yeah! The blue masks are full of worms"
Dumb bloke agreeing. "They're called Magellans"....lol ( a new word he heard on TV this week in relation to a financial group)

Who decides what is reasonable and unreasonable to protest about?
ROFL.
Not "Who" but "What".
Common sense.
Most people have a modicum of it.

Also, can you explain the flags?
I don't get the point of the flags at these antivaxx rallies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back