anyone go to the intra-club match today?

Remove this Banner Ad

When a kid from the Rookie List kick 3 in a Practice match, I'd say the experiment of having Mercuri at HB hasn't started well.
Mercuri was a great player in the late 90's, and very good in 2000, but just hasn't been the same since.
I reckon if Winderlich, Watson, Walsh are going to be getting games, Mercuri won't be.

You're partially right but Lovett did play very well - confident in packs, very well balanced and has a clean pair of hands. He kept finding space by reading the play and moving one step ahead of the ball. Strangely enough he reminded me a little bit of a young Mercs - same build and self assured - like Mercs used to be.

Not sure if Mercs would work as a back man though - not accountable enough. He will play most of the year in the 2's I think.

On a positive note Joey got plenty of touches and should continue to be a midfield general, probably pinch hitting off the bench. He works in bursts, lacks pace as we all know but his footy smarts are very obvious + he still has those quick hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back