Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had number 47 on his training top I noticed on Friday.
I noticed that too. Though I wasn't sure because he had to wear some number during match sim or whether thats gonna be his number.. I mean sure he could have just wore a plain training top.

Cant another club trump us. Or because he hasnt been training with them it would be very unlikely?
They can offer him a spot, but it doesn’t mean we can’t if they offer first. It’s not a draft.

They can't if he is only training with us. Another club ciould only pick him if we didn't list him and he fell to the mid-season draft.
Are you sure? I was under the impression that anyone could make an offer.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that anyone could make an offer.
No, I'm not sure. But that was my impression. But its unlikely for a club to make an offer if they haven't seen him training with them. Especially if they have players training at their club.

They can't if he is only training with us. Another club ciould only pick him if we didn't list him and he fell to the mid-season draft.

Did not know that.

So IF they player is Training with you then no one else can Sign Him?

No, I'm not sure. But that was my impression. But its unlikely for a club to make an offer if they haven't seen him training with them. Especially if they have players training at their club.

Pretty Sure anyone can Sign any player

yeah, maybe thats true. But has that happened before? a club signing a player that trained at another club?
No, it’s a very unlikely scenario, but I don’t think it’s against the rules.

yeah, maybe thats true. But has that happened before? a club signing a player that trained at another club?

Only been around for 1 Season so not a Big Sample Size

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it’s a very unlikely scenario, but I don’t think it’s against the rules.

I’m with you in that there’s no rule stopping it. Perhaps it’s a gentleman’s agreement type thing where you don’t target guys training with other teams.

COLLINGWOOD
The Magpies have eased several players back into training, but Darcy Moore (finger), Josh Daicos (hip) and Jeremy Howe (knee) are the ones of note on modified programs. They aren’t planning to rush any of them, but the idea is to increase their training loads closer to the pre-season games starting in mid-February.

ab73b14d8dea1dfc167d524eb4e3860d.jpg

Happy 19th birthday Jack

Beautiful work by Cox & JDG.

But the video highlights our midfield problem. Look at Cal Brown, he has eyes on JDG. He doesn’t body him. When he looks at the ball, it’s already too late.

Repetitive issue within the midfield group.

I doubt Cal Brown has ever had much exposure as a defensive mid which from his positioning I'd assume he was doing. We don't actually have too many good in that role. Greenwood and Crisp likely the 2 best. I'm hopeful either Rantall or 1 of the draftees can develop in that role.

Offensively, JDG did everything right so I'm not sure there's much of an issue highlighted there.

January 18th - Morning session.

Boys started to roll out onto the ground close to 9am, with a 9:30 start. It was pretty overcast for parts of the morning with sun peaking through as the session rolled forward. I made sure to do the sunscreen just in case.

Attendance list: (in numerical order)

• Rantall
  • De Goey
  • IQ
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Tyler Brown
  • Daicos
  • Bianco
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • Keane
  • Wilson
  • Adams
  • Cameron
  • Lynch
  • Mayne
  • Cal Brown
  • Macrae
  • Greenwood
  • Kelly
  • Ruscoe (who is now #21 via his insta bio)
  • Sidebottom
  • Roughy
  • Thomas
  • Crisp
  • Reef
  • Poulter
  • Murphy
  • McMahon
  • Moore
  • McCreery
  • WHE
  • Ginnivan
  • Chugg
  • Henry
  • Sier
  • Maynard
  • Howe
  • Mihochek
  • Tohil
  • Madgen
  • Cox
  • Briskey (again in #47)

There was a bunch of other kids, i'd say likely from our VFL team that were training with the boys as well. Helped as top up players for the VFL given a few of the players were in the modfield group and didn't participate in match sim.

The modified group contained:
Reef
Henry
Ruscoe
Kelly

Howe did the warm up, then did a bunch of laps around the oval, as he begins his cautious return. They'll be easing him into this.
Checkers was around but did a couple of laps before he was done. Whatever happened to him last week, I don't think its anything of concern.

There was a huddle with an applause. Likely for Briskey's 19th birthday which is today.

The umpires appeared early which gave a sign they were gonna be doing some sort of match sim today. Wasn't right away though.

First up they split into groups and did some drills, then they did half ground, mini match sim at separate parts of the ground. The third group was the midfield in the centre square as the umpires helped out with centre clearance work.

They then put on the guernseys and then it was time to get to work.

The VFL boys were put on rotation as they would go in and alternate with the boys that needed a rest from time to time, but they played well. These VFL boys aren't 18 year old kids. I think a couple of them may have been those that trained with us a season or two ago, so they had a little muscle on them than say our draftees have.

Once they finished off match sim, some of the players went inside. While a lot of the younger ones continued on for another hour I'd day. The coaches really stretched them, it was non stop running. Split into three different groups, they would do mini match sim, then round around this red flag planted in the ground to the other side, take a breather while another team was in rotation. And then it all started once again. They would have been exhausted by the end.

Note: Those in the modified group finished up earlier, given they were doing their own thing on the other side of the ground.

Player notes:

Rantall, was in and out of traffic, applying himself well.
Elliott - Again being used as the small forward. I guess now we have De Goey will be playing more mid time, we can put Jamie back inside 50.
Daicos - Back in full training. Picking up where he left off.
Bianco - using the ball so well, improving all the time.
Macrae - Such a classy user of the ball. He's pressing his round 1 claims more and more.
Thomas - Has gotten a spring in his step this pre-season. Definitely out to prove he can get some form back.
Moore - Back to doing what he does best. Seems his finger injury is all but healed.
Ginnivan - Playing up forward . I can never remember what roles he has. Is he a forward?
Chugg - Again. Impressive.
Briskey- Another impressive performance. Seems to be about the same height.. if not taller than McMahon now..

The usual suspects in Pendles and Adams go about doing their thing. Workhorses.

Wilson playing in defence again, so I guess that's where they are placing him for now. Also Murphy spent a little time up forward later in the session.
Sier performed quite well too.

Player notes:

Rantall, was in and out of traffic, applying himself well.
Elliott - Again being used as the small forward. I guess now we have De Goey will be playing more mid time, we can put Jamie back inside 50.
Daicos - Back in full training. Picking up where he left off.
Bianco - using the ball so well, improving all the time.
Macrae - Such a classy user of the ball. He's pressing his round 1 claims more and more.
Thomas - Has gotten a spring in his step this pre-season. Definitely out to prove he can get some form back.
Moore - Back to doing what he does best. Seems his finger injury is all but healed.
Ginnivan - Playing up forward . I can never remember what roles he has. Is he a forward?
Chugg - Again. Impressive.
Briskey- Another impressive performance. Seems to be about the same height.. if not taller than McMahon now..

The usual suspects in Pendles and Adams go about doing their thing. Workhorses.

Wilson playing in defence again, so I guess that's where they are placing him for now. Also Murphy spent a little time up forward later in the session.
Sier performed quite well too.
Good to see Adams still can't kick, holding his form from last year.
Great report Jen ty once again. <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back