Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 21 - 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints were on the new coach bounce after Richardson. They are now back down to earth..

Will be bitterly disappointed if we don't finish above St Kilda next season. They haven't had the most successful of Rebuilds. Still got plenty of list pruning to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see why Cogs wants to play for Hawthorn, even their spuds play well.

They're building a strong midfield which is making them competitive.

Helps that they got Scully for next to nothing. Could be the same with Coniglio.

All these trade bargains add up.

Gold Coast will be stiff if they don't get priority pick 1.

They're in a better place now to utilise that pick than what they were at inception.

Gold Coast will be stiff if they don't get priority pick 1.

They're in a better place now to utilise that pick than what they were at inception.

If by better you mean that they need it desperately, I agree.

As a member of that football club, it's still a soulless entity and its board are full of tourism experts who have no clue when it comes to football.

I preface what I'm about to say by telling you that I am completely out of shape (even prior to my health breakdown at the end of last year, start of this year) but I'm not a head AFL coach. As a former athlete, I cannot take seriously a coach who is as out of shape and who clearly doesn't give a stuff about his appearance or his health as Dew. He doesn't have to be as fit as a player - sure - but at some level he needs to command the respect from a health level as his players. I guarantee you that practically every other coach in the AFL can measurably perform at training. You look at the legendary coaching stories even some of them including current coaches and you'll hear about coaches who committed to time trials and the like and despite 15+ years on some of them and not in the same sort of physical health/shape were still able to beat half the team, etc. Dew just comes off as a slob who can't demand perfection from his players and has continued to enable players to be less conditioned than others. Look at what Steven May said about the differences between Melbourne and Gold Coast and we know Melbourne aren't even close to the upper echelon of teams in the comp when it comes to training practices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back