Coach Assistant coach changes for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

New year, new thread.

Decent that Freo waited until the end of our season.

Fremantle has appointed Collingwood assistant coach and former Docker Justin Longmuir as senior coach.
Longmuir, who has been defensive coach under Nathan Buckley for the past two seasons, has been appointed for the next three seasons.

The Dockers were unable to finalise the process of finding a replacement for Ross Lyon until after Collingwood's season ended. Longmuir did not pursue the vacant Adelaide Crows coaching position.
Fremantle is set to announce Longmuir's appointment later today, when there will be a media conference.

Damn, was hoping we could hold on for him a bit longer. Fair chance we've had notice on this and hopefully we have a decent replacement in the works.
Heard Brad Scott had coffee with the club a coupla months ago. Is Ross Lyon likely to get a spot somewhere else? Could we just do a straight swap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be keen on some fresh voices in the coaches box. Need to move Harvey on - not been a fan. Not sure who is out there but surely Walsh has been looking at candidates over the course of the year.

Good luck to him. He's served the club well over the last couple of seasons and seems to have played a significant role in the shifting of the club's culture.

This sucks more than people realise.
Defensive coach two years and these are the two years our backline has held up no matter the injuries.
No surprise he came to to club start of 2018 and we went from 13th to a GF or whatever it was.
This will really hurt us i reckon

Knew it was coming, but still annoying. Our defence was superb in the two years Longmuir was in charge.
This is a big loss.
Our defence has been A grade..
In the absence of an inside insight on field results is the only thing most fans can use to judge our assistant coaches. Undoubtedly our backline has been the best performed across the 3 lines (back, mid, forward) and players have shown some really good development.

Well done Justin, hope he does a good job, just not against us.
Was always in my opinion going to get the top job for a team, bit surprised it took this long.
Freo got a good one, if they don’t play funny beggars on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back