rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Back at Sandown (Hillside) tomorrow, Rail +2m should be no trouble running on.

R7 - Cent Of A Tiger. Draws awkward but think he's still value at $11 (was longer). Him and Snitzel Blitz for the quad, risking the fave here.

5,6,7,8,10,11,16 / 2,6 / 7,11 / 2,3,4,7,12,15 @ ~ 20%

Revised after scratchings quad:

6,10,11 / 2,4,6,8 / 7,11 / 2,3,7,10,12,15 @ ~ 34%

How does the Cash out crap work?
I have a 5 leg MLB going atm, with about 3/4 legs home and 1 a bit iffy, so I wanna cash out.. nop cant do it, try again next innings, nop.. and again.. How does it work exactly?

Maybe the book you have the bet on doesn't have cash out available on that particular market?

Thoughts on the Missile and Aurie Star?

Disappointing for mine.

Messene is the best horse in the Missile, more of a 1400+ horse however & comes into this after 11 months off and 2 failed runs. His trials have been good but cannot read too much into them, always trials without blinkers and races in them. If he is back to somewhere near his best he should win and potentially be on for a big Spring.

Weary is hit and miss, mixes his runs too much to back confidently whilst Temple of Boom takes a few runs to get going and won once in his last 30+ runs.

Burberro is a nice horse, probably wants further and not up to the better ones here if they race to their best at WFA.

I'd be surprised if any of the others win although Lord Leofric has ability.

If there is money there for Messene I think he will be hard to beat.

The Aurie Star is an ordinary race.

Trust in a Gust is obviously the best horse but much better over 1400+, has to carry 60kg and was disappointing at Caulfield 1200M in the Autumn, if he couldn't win that a level weights then I can't back him here after a set back. Rather watch him.

Shiraz is flying, run two big career peaks last two but I can't back him here given his big career peaks have come on H8/H9 tracks, big risk thinking he will repeat back on top of the ground particularly considering he has not rated anywhere near what he is done the last two when on good surfaces. No shock if he wins but I don't want to take short odds.

The rest all take turns in winning, not a race I'm particularly keen on.

Been a slow start to August with not much quality having raced yet, hopefully see some of them returning next week.

Shiraz is flying, run two big career peaks last two but I can't back him here given his big career peaks have come on H8/H9 tracks, big risk thinking he will repeat back on top of the ground particularly considering he has not rated anywhere near what he is done the last two when on good surfaces. No shock if he wins but I don't want to take short odds.
Pretty much. Throw in barrier 1 and first time down the straight and he's got a bit against him.

Also where is the speed?? I think the two faves will have to take it up and maybe Le Bonsir.

Thoughts on the Missile and Aurie Star?

Disappointing for mine.

Messene is the best horse in the Missile, more of a 1400+ horse however & comes into this after 11 months off and 2 failed runs. His trials have been good but cannot read too much into them, always trials without blinkers and races in them. If he is back to somewhere near his best he should win and potentially be on for a big Spring.

Weary is hit and miss, mixes his runs too much to back confidently whilst Temple of Boom takes a few runs to get going and won once in his last 30+ runs.

This - huge question marks about the big 3 and I've never even heard of the remaining cattle.

Reckon Weary drifts in a winnable race where it profiles well with track/dist/soft/1stup, I abandoned all form at Sydney this winter so I have no idea how the lower rated ones go. won't be backing anything at this point.

not touching the aurie star. maybeeee a tenner on smackdown if it parades ok. change of scenery and generally goes ok on the straight.

Flemington quad - 1,2,5,8 / 1,6,7 / 1,4,9,10,12 / 7,9,11,12,13 @ ~ 20%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandown - Hillside

R1 - Snoopy - $2.10 - 2w

We'll live and die early with this bloke, but I think he's cut above his opposition and will go onto better things. Jumpouts have been solid and debut win suggests 1st up at this trip should be no worries.

R7 - Young Tigers Jeuny $13/3.40 - 0.25w/0.75pl

Always like betting in races where a horse like Mossbeat comes up fave. Have settled on this mare who's no star, but draws nicely and with a tidy claim gets a nice weight swing on key rival La Passe. I think she's a good few points of overs EW.

Caulfield:

Race 6 - Petits Filous - short but should be sweet

The San Domenico is a cracker, will really shape the Spring 3yo races, will Vancouver continue to dominate or will something else put their hand up?

Caulfield:
The San Domenico is a cracker, will really shape the Spring 3yo races, will Vancouver continue to dominate or will something else put their hand up?

If anyone likes Vancouver,you can have $4 at crownbet until 7pm friday ($50 max)

seth

Saboog was $1.10 in a Gosford maiden the other day and finished closer to last than first. It has Vancouver 2yo form. ;)

Good times for the punters and of owners who shelled out over a mill.

Vancouver always trials like a busted, have seen any trials this time in but I'm assuming the same as it has the drifts? Nek minnut, puts blinkers on, comes out and blows them away first up race day. :thumbsu:

Japonisme will be the way i go, surely Gai hasn't got him fully wound up for this, although just on talent alone he can still obviously win.

Redzel's trial was sick, but I don't really wanna bet here. Hope Vancouver walks in.

So many good races tomorrow. Regal Roller is a cracker, even the 1350m BM75 at Rosehill has me interested :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back