Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Jonah needs playing time to develop. Young players on good teams is not a recipe for playing time. They aren’t interested in kids playing through mistakes unless they are potential stars
Doesn't sound like he's real open to feedback though

thumb_the-joke-image-339265-whoosh-you-missed-53809663.png

Lol I get the joke, but just saying what his real age is (which 4 or 5 years older than his listed age).
As far as me and my rose coloured glasses are concerned the listed age is correct.

Good luck to Jonah. Might be the kick up the backside he needed.

Ben said today that Matisse would be playing for us in the Olympics. Lets hope so. I honestly can't wait until the Olympics. Lets just hope we don't get disappointed again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thybulle could play for Australia in the Olympics according to Simmons.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thybulle could play for Australia in the Olympics according to Simmons.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I do want him to play for us, I want us to be as good as we can possibly be.

But if he does, I will feel a bit for the last guy cut from the squad, who would have had a lifelong dream to play for Australia at the Olympics.

On the news in Brisbane last night they said Magnay had been offered a 10 day contract with Golden State. Can’t find anything confirming this though.
It was reported during an NBL game as well. No articles about it though.

On the news in Brisbane last night they said Magnay had been offered a 10 day contract with Golden State. Can’t find anything confirming this though.
It was reported during an NBL game as well. No articles about it though.
And it was then reported during the game that he had a thigh injury of some kind too

If Green is a lottery draft pick/has a guaranteed spot on an NBA team, there's no way they won't select him if he makes himself available.
*Revised*
Ben Simmons
Patrick Mills
Jock Landale
Aron Baynes
Joe Ingles
Dante Exum
Matthew Dellavedova
Thon Maker
Andrew Bogut
Matisse Thybulle
Ryan Broekhoff
Josh Green

Missing out:
Chris Goulding
Mitchell Creek
Bryce Cotton
Nick Kay
Jonah Bolden
Mangok Mathiang
Deng Adel
Brock Motum

Last edited:
If Green is a lottery draft pick/has a guaranteed spot on an NBA team, there's no way they won't select him if he makes himself available. So it might be Broekhoff/Creek to miss out.
Ben Simmons
Patrick Mills
Jock Landale
Aron Baynes
Joe Ingles
Dante Exum
Matthew Dellavedova
Thon Maker
Andrew Bogut
Matisse Thybulle
Jonah Bolden
Josh Green

Missing out:
Ryan Broekhoff
Mitchell Creek
Chris Goulding
Bryce Cotton
Mangok Mathiang
Nick Kay
Deng Adel
Brock Motum
I'd have Broekhoff in place of Bolden, he's a 40% shooter from 3 and will aid spacing.

If it were me, I'd go with something like:

Simmons/Delly
Mills/Thybulle/Goulding
Ingles/Exum/Broekhoff
Landale/Maker
Baynes/Bogut

First choice/back up. Is Green really ahead of Goulding or Broekhoff? I don't think so, Goulding ahead for me just because he's got that catch and shoot capabilities. Simmons could easily cover the 4 or 5 if needed, and in fact I'd almost have us going him as the 4 on defence and play 4 out offence with Mills, Thybulle, Ingles and Baynes.

If Green is a lottery draft pick/has a guaranteed spot on an NBA team, there's no way they won't select him if he makes himself available. So it might be Broekhoff/Creek to miss out.
Ben Simmons
Patrick Mills
Jock Landale
Aron Baynes
Joe Ingles
Dante Exum
Matthew Dellavedova
Thon Maker
Andrew Bogut
Matisse Thybulle
Jonah Bolden
Josh Green

Missing out:
Ryan Broekhoff
Mitchell Creek
Chris Goulding
Bryce Cotton
Mangok Mathiang
Nick Kay
Deng Adel
Brock Motum

yeah that’s way too many guys that would play the 5 spot.

broekhoff should be a Monty

If Green is a lottery draft pick/has a guaranteed spot on an NBA team, there's no way they won't select him if he makes himself available.
*Revised*
Ben Simmons
Patrick Mills
Jock Landale
Aron Baynes
Joe Ingles
Dante Exum
Matthew Dellavedova
Thon Maker
Andrew Bogut
Matisse Thybulle
Ryan Broekhoff
Josh Green

Missing out:
Chris Goulding
Mitchell Creek
Jonah Bolden
Bryce Cotton
Mangok Mathiang
Nick Kay
Deng Adel
Brock Motum

I don't see Green making it. Still very raw. I'd also be surprised if he makes himself available. I'd rather see Cotton play. That bench is light on good shooters who can create their own shot. Also I don't think Maker is a lock and Kay could replace him. It will be interesting to see how he goes playing C for the Pistons with Drummond now gone. Hopefully he can play himself into a new contract somewhere.

We can probably formally add Thybulle to this list.

What a coup this will be for Australian basketball.

This kid is going to have a long career in NBA basketball.

He averaged over 6 steals a game in his final college year and had 2 x 100 steal seasons. Including a 100 steal/80 block final season only 1 of 10 people to do it in NCAA history.

Going to be devastating defensively in international ball and really will give us a defensive edge, with Simmons, who is also an elite defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back