Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

The very existence of a point guard that can't shoot, choosing that player over Jimmy, bringing in a couple of middling floor-spacers in Richardson and Horford, burnergate!!!

It wasn't until Morey took over that you could justifiability say that the team was built around Embiid, and even then your leading playmaker is still BS. Haven't watched the video, but I would imagine that's what he's referring to.

Forbes scored more than butler on half the shots last series.

Imo Simmons has always been happy to defer to embiid (and butler at end of quarters) but you watch more 6ers than me

Last edited:
They can't if he has an injury or mental disabled
Which is not what you were talking months ago, you were saying he gets paid either way. Which was just wrong and asking if Morey understands the CBA is just silly.

Also if you think Simmons is sitting the next 4 years you are crazy

Which is not what you were talking months ago, you were saying he gets paid either way. Which was just wrong and asking if Morey understands the CBA is just silly.

Also if you think Simmons is sitting the next 4 years you are crazy

I think I was saying his new team could pay his contract but I was wrong. I'm my defence I was just going by media reports.

I'd still argue Morey seems a bit weird with his recent CBA comments. Check out the miss interview

What has Morey done wrong?

He moved J Rich who is worthless and got a great piece in Seth.

Added Maxey who looks like a promising player for the future

Got off the Horford contract which was supposed to be 'untradeable'

The only knock people have on him is the Simmons/Harden trade but the Rockets were never trading Harden to Morey, wasn't going to happen.
Its not about what he has done wrong and more a reflection of the sixers organisation in general. Not trading Simmons presents a big risk for him and agitating that he will sit him for 4 years was flat out stupid. Sixers will live and die by the knees and back of Embiid - without a second star like Simmons in the rotation, this team will at best be a play-in team which is more to my comment.

Its not about what he has done wrong and more a reflection of the sixers organisation in general. Not trading Simmons presents a big risk for him and agitating that he will sit him for 4 years was flat out stupid. Sixers will live and die by the knees and back of Embiid - without a second star like Simmons in the rotation, this team will at best be a play-in team which is more to my comment.

The Sixers have stopped fining Ben Simmons for missed games and practices given that he is now out for personal reasons, one source close to the situation says, confirming a report this afternoon from

@ramonashelburne

on the NBA Today.

Ball in the Morey court

But they can't get a second star? If the league and Simmons think for a second that Morey is willing to cave it will stay that way. He has no choice but to play hardball here and talk tough.

But they can't get a second star? If the league and Simmons think for a second that Morey is willing to cave it will stay that way. He has no choice but to play hardball here and talk tough.
They will get a star from December if not before - saying they are going to sit still for 4 years is the issue with Morey.

Honestly, LaVert and Brogdan plus picks should have gotten it done.

him saying it could go on for 4 years was nothing more than a very public message to Ben that he isn't just getting what he wants at the drop of a hat and needs to put in something as well... after leak after leak from Klutch about it all

and lo and behold the next day he rocks up and actually addresses the team about it for the first time...
it is all just posturing on both sides, Ben doesn't want to stay and that is fine, but he signed a big arse contract so Philly have every right to seek the best deal they can to let it go.

I think the trade absolutely happens in the next 6 or 8 weeks, but I would say Ben needs to at least practice properly and put a bit back in to make himself more appealing as well

Simmons should be evaluated by the 76ers doctor and an NBA doctor to see if he legitimately has mental health issues. If its found that he is lying then suspend him further and deduct more money from his escrow account. Every tom dick and harry can see he exactly what hes doing. Its a s**t move and terrible for the the movement.

The Sixers have stopped fining Ben Simmons for missed games and practices given that he is now out for personal reasons, one source close to the situation says, confirming a report this afternoon from

@ramonashelburne

on the NBA Today.

Ball in the Morey court
If it’s confirmed somehow he’s playing the mental health card just to get away with not playing without being fined will that be enough to finally evaluate your blind support/defense of all things Simmons?

Everyone from here to Timbuktu knows what the go is. Simmons and his management playing an ugly game of chicken that’s gone too far isn’t necessarily the hill you have to die on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back