Australian Open 2022 Tennis Grand Slam

Remove this Banner Ad

Just take Med 3-0 honestly Nick has played his match last night.
Kyrgios has a 2-0 lead over Medvedev suprisingly

Fancy 3-1 Medevedev personally . I watched that game back in 2019- that was when the Russian was up and coming and the first I had seen of him in Washington.

Kyrgios has a 2-0 lead over Medvedev suprisingly

Fancy 3-1 Medevedev personally . I watched that game back in 2019- that was when the Russian was up and coming and the first I had seen of him in Washington.

Medvedev is a LOT better player now than he was then and Nick has very little fitness. He'd have to serve absolute lights out to get a set and even so I feel it will be very comfortable for Medvedev

Medvedev is a LOT better player now than he was then and Nick has very little fitness. He'd have to serve absolute lights out to get a set and even so I feel it will be very comfortable for Medvedev
3-0 should be favourite but I get a sneaky feeling it will be 3-1. That should be the play as I agree with pretty much everything you said. Kyrgios just seems to save his best for the best. The difference between his best and worst can be quite a fair margin. He is the kind of player that doesnt practice or warm ups to be switched on.

From all reports playing out at John Cain arena is a massive advantage for him last night with a raucous crowd behind him. Had he not been a top 4 seed, Tennis Australia would have probably given him his preference of playing out at John Cain arena.

Taro Daniel 4 bucks against Murray tomorrow coming off a 5 set slug fest?

Surely that price is wrong

nup, Murray should win fairly well. Daniel is pretty average. Murray has a great draw now he's through that tough R1.

3-0 should be favourite but I get a sneaky feeling it will be 3-1. That should be the play as I agree with pretty much everything you said. Kyrgios just seems to save his best for the best. The difference between his best and worst can be quite a fair margin. He is the kind of player that doesnt practice or warm ups to be switched on.

From all reports playing out at John Cain arena is a massive advantage for him last night with a raucous crowd behind him. Had he not been a top 4 seed, Tennis Australia would have probably given him his preference of playing out at John Cain arena.

Surely that match against Med is on RLA. Surely. That takes a big advantage of playing on Cain out of play. Ca't think of another match they might put on RLA really unless they go Di Minaur.

Surely that match against Med is on RLA. Surely. That takes a big advantage of playing on Cain out of play. Ca't think of another match they might put on RLA really unless they go Di Minaur.
It will go ahead at RLA. As a number 1 seed, Medvedev should have priority.

Even in the after game interview yesterday, Kyrgios admitted he preferred to play at John Cain over RLA, but realises Tennis Australia will schedule him at RLA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boy zverev dropping some truth bombs in his presser saying players aren't taking tests so they can keep playing:

Maybe he saw medvedev or rafa sneezing and is cleverly trying to get them kicked out?
Or maybe im giving him too much machevellian credit?

I reckon the vic gvt will mandate return of negative tests before each match now or something

My boy zverev dropping some truth bombs in his presser saying players aren't taking tests so they can keep playing:

Maybe he saw medvedev or rafa sneezing and is cleverly trying to get them kicked out?
Or maybe im giving him too much machevellian credit?

I reckon the vic gvt will mandate return of negative tests before each match now or something

Or maybe we can just get on with it and deal with it afterwards if the players are fine to play that's all that matters.

Or maybe we can just get on with it and deal with it afterwards if the players are fine to play that's all that matters.

Sure, but in an environment where millions of other workers around the state and the country are forced to take tests to go to work and forced to isolate and lose work if they have it... it's hardly fair that millionare tennis players from overseas get to swan around hitting a ball and infecting anyone they like.

Sure, but in an environment where millions of other workers around the state and the country are forced to take tests to go to work and forced to isolate and lose work if they have it... it's hardly fair that millionare tennis players from overseas get to swan around hitting a ball and infecting anyone they like.

Its only for another week lol, I know it's a bad look but I'm at the stage of who honestly cares now.

who honestly cares

Probably people who are losing income isolating.

Probably every healthcare worker in the state.

Probably every hospital patient in the state.

Probably every immunocompromised and elderly person in the state.

Your hardship of 'feeling over it' is duly noted though.

Fyi this article is a pretty incredible eye opener as to what is happening in our hospitals right this second:

People are literally being treated by unsupervised trainee docs and nurses

Probably people who are losing income isolating.

Probably every healthcare worker in the state.

Probably every hospital patient in the state.

Probably every immunocompromised and elderly person in the state.

Your hardship of 'feeling over it' is duly noted though.

Fyi this article is a pretty incredible eye opener as to what is happening in our hospitals right this second:

People are literally being treated by unsupervised trainee docs and nurses

I get all of that, and for your information both my parents work in health. I get all of that. However, this is a major event, lets get through these next what is it 10 days and the amount of players here will decrease the longer the tournament goes. Every player is testes before departure, one has already been pulled up there.

Lets focus on the tennis which is the main thing, the last thing we need is to stop the tournament for reasons that are avoidable. The players don't interact with anyone really.

How do we know if they are 'fine to play' without testing lol

Classic LP logic

How do we know if they are fine to play without testing lol

Classic LP logic

They are professional sportsmen and women they probably know their body inside and out. Honesty they are being tested enough. The quicker we get to a stage where tests ting is in the past the better for everyone. Can't wait for that day.

They are professional sportsmen and women they probably know their body inside and out. Honesty they are being tested enough. The quicker we get to a stage where tests ting is in the past the better for everyone. Can't wait for that day.

Christ you are thick - it implies they are dodging tests even if they are sick so they can keep playing.

But if you think abandoning testing is a good idea it explains your decade long history of getting 90% of things wrong across pretty much every forum Big Footy.

Christ you are thick - it implies they are dodging tests even if they are sick so they can keep playing.

But if you think abandoning testing is a good idea it explains your decade long history of getting 90% of things wrong across pretty much every forum Big Footy.

Each to our own. Sorry to be blunt but I couldn't care less about this, the GS already has enough negative press, how about we get through without even more, just an idea. The tennis is the important thing.

He's got half a point though.

In practical terms- a few dozen international tennis players running around potentially infected for the next week isn't going to cause any demonstrable difference to public health.

It's all about the message, optics and precedent it sets though if they are allowed to run around effectively using the 'honour system' to test themselves... which of course is hopelessly flawed given they stand to lose mega mega mega bucks if they test themselves and it comes up positive.

He's effectively arguing 'no harm = no foul'; which in one way is true- no actual major immediate harm will come about if the tennis players are allowed to continue to use the honour system.

But where that argument is flawed is that the message and precedent it sets for the rest of the community DOES create harm in the long term

He's got half a point though.

In practical terms- a few dozen international tennis players running around potentially infected for the next week isn't going to cause any demonstrable difference to public health.

It's all about the message, optics and precedent it sets though if they are allowed to run around effectively using the 'honour system' to test themselves... which of course is hopelessly flawed given they stand to lose mega mega mega bucks if they test themselves and it comes up positive.

Bit hard to argue that when Novak was rightly deported as a public health risk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back