4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Carey
7. Agar
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Richardson
11. Zampa

Agar is the one I'm most dubious about. Mitch Marsh at 6 and Carey to 7 could work, if we knew we were getting four decent overs from Stoinis/Maxwell/Marsh.

Its interesting reading peoples sides for the t20WC

For me the biggest factor is getting your big hitter's in there and facing the maximum amount of balls so they can do extreme damage with the bat.

Our biggest hitters for me are Maxwell Marsh and Stoinis plus all three can bowl so that's a bonus

I would be looking at using Smith as a floater...if an early wicket falls he comes in but if we are 40 or 50 off 5 overs we bring in the big hitters

My team would be

Finch
Warner
Smith (the floater) if we are going well Stoinis
Marsh
Maxwell
Carey
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Richardson
Zampa

If we lose an early wicket smith stays three and everyone else drops down one

I would have Maxwell at 5 because he can go from ball one....Stoinis we all know struggles to get going but when he does he is very damaging so he can only bat in the top 3. But if we are going very well and have only 5 overs to go I would promote Maxi up the order and would move Stoinis below Maxi and Marsh

Marsh IMO is perfectly suited for the number 4 slot

IMO we have to be flexible with the batting order from 3-6 if we are going to win it

Its interesting reading peoples sides for the t20WC

For me the biggest factor is getting your big hitter's in there and facing the maximum amount of balls so they can do extreme damage with the bat.

Our biggest hitters for me are Maxwell Marsh and Stoinis plus all three can bowl so that's a bonus

I would be looking at using Smith as a floater...if an early wicket falls he comes in but if we are 40 or 50 off 5 overs we bring in the big hitters

My team would be

Finch
Warner
Smith (the floater) if we are going well Stoinis
Marsh
Maxwell
Carey
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Richardson
Zampa

If we lose an early wicket smith stays three and everyone else drops down one

I would have Maxwell at 5 because he can go from ball one....Stoinis we all know struggles to get going but when he does he is very damaging so he can only bat in the top 3. But if we are going very well and have only 5 overs to go I would promote Maxi up the order and would move Stoinis below Maxi and Marsh

Marsh IMO is perfectly suited for the number 4 slot

IMO we have to be flexible with the batting order from 3-6 if we are going to win it
You don't actually have Stoinis in the side...

Stoinis either opens or doesn’t play take your pick

Wish more people would realise this.!

For all his non runs at BBL level, Stoinis’ strike rate is 66. That’s poor. In comparison M.Marsh despite all his muscle still strikes his non boundary balls at 95. That’s called turning the strike over and an exceptional strike rate at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all his non runs at BBL level, Stoinis’ strike rate is 66. That’s poor. In comparison M.Marsh despite all his muscle still strikes his non boundary balls at 95. That’s called turning the strike over and an exceptional strike rate at that

Stoinis is shocking starting an innings too. Whilst Marsh hasn’t had to do it he can smash from ball 1.

For what it’s worth, and something I’ve been thinking a lot about, this is in reference to strike rates.

This is Marcus Stoinis’ breakdown;

Total runs = 478
Balls faced = 355

Boundaries = 59
Boundary worth = 272

Now take away the boundary runs worth (272) from total runs (478) = 206

Take away boundary balls (59) from total balls (355) = 296

Now for the final equation, 206 divide by 296 x 100 = 69.5.

That is why, when he’s muscling it to the boundary, it’s great but he is a renowned slow starter and one who relies on the 4 (or 6) ball.

In comparison Marsh’s is 95. A starc contrast, especially from a finisher who is a well known power hitter. He can turn the strike over well too.

Has siddle worked his way into consideration ?

I'm a firm believer you need 5 front line bowlers.

I'm happy picking Agar under that scenario (as a front line bowler) - but the lad is woefully out of form with the willow.

I think the following are in

Finch
Warner
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
K Richardson

I don't think Cummins is a lay down misere to make the side (despite his IPL pricetag). His audition in India will be interesting.

The above side needs 1 batter and 3 bowlers

Zampa very likely, but the likes of boyce and ahmed are strong competitors on our soil.

Agar gets looked at purely because at some point in his life he could bat. NCN is another possible option to slot in at 7 (if fit) - particularly here in Aus.

Stoinis and Marsh are competing for a spot IMO - depends on whether you want to keep Smith at 3 and have a power hitter later (Marsh) or put Stoinis up the order. My preference is probably Marsh at 6

So I'll go with right now -

Finch
Warner
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Marsh
NCN
Zampa
Starc
Richardson
Boyce/Ahmed/Cummins/Siddle

I'm happy picking Agar under that scenario (as a front line bowler) - but the lad is woefully out of form with the willow.

Finch
Warner
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
K Richardson

I don't think Cummins is a lay down misere to make the side (despite his IPL pricetag). His audition in India will be interesting.

Zampa very likely, but the likes of boyce and ahmed are strong competitors on our soil.

Agar gets looked at purely because at some point in his life he could bat. NCN is another possible option to slot in at 7 (if fit) - particularly here in Aus.

Stoinis and Marsh are competing for a spot IMO - depends on whether you want to keep Smith at 3 and have a power hitter later (Marsh) or put Stoinis up the order. My preference is probably Marsh at 6

Finch
Warner
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Marsh
NCN
Zampa
Starc
Richardson
J. Richardson for K. Richardson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're all forgetting Loosebuschange.
Leg spinners will win most games , we have three who can all bat.
We have Cummins and Pattinson
We have headbanger as a batsman only, and then there is Lynn, we're in a good space.

Finch
Warner
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
K Richardson

Finch
Warner
Smith
Carey
Maxwell
Marsh
NCN
Zampa
Starc
Richardson
Is NCN even in contention any more? He's missed games and isn't always bowling 4 overs or bowling especially well. If you want Cutting just pick Cutting (don't pick Cutting).

My first choice (Biased Opinion)
Finch C
Warner
Short
Maxwell
Smith
Wade +
M Marsh
Starc
Jye Richardson
Meredith
Zampa

My second choice (Unbiased Opinion)
Finch C
Warner
Stoinis
Maxwell
Smith
Carey +
NCN
Starc
Cummins
K Richardson
Zampa

My First Choice is based on deep batting and great bowlers that know their lengths can grab a few wickets. Jye RICHARDSON and Riley Meredith have impressed me in the past and Star/Zampa can control the bowling department.

Good luck stopping the batting department as the aussie have great batters until 9th and everyone can make a quick score which will demolish every team on the planet

the second one is the realistic choice as Australia have a crush on NCN or Agar. Also they don’t like to put in new people too often which I can agree on. It’s electric bowling lineup and a decent batting lineup with some power to go with it.

THOUGHTS?

Is NCN even in contention any more? He's missed games and isn't always bowling 4 overs or bowling especially well. If you want Cutting just pick Cutting (don't pick Cutting).

The 7 spot is the spot with the least competitors.

You could go a batsman hope to get 4 overs out of the likes of Marsh/Maxwell et al - it's just for me -

I rate NCN a mile above Cutting in bowling - but Cutting ahead in batting

As mentioned - I believe you need 5 frontline bowlers - and NCN is handy for lower order hitting.

If you're playing Maxwell, you want a couple of overs from him, right? His bowling is pretty consistent and decent.

has this edition of the BBL perhaps produced a few smokeys and food for thought for the selectors ?

phillippe, jono wells, sams , siddle etc ?

are they genuinely in the mix or are our test/odi guns got the front running ?

has this edition of the BBL perhaps produced a few smokeys and food for thought for the selectors ?

phillippe, jono wells, sams , siddle etc ?

are they genuinely in the mix or are our test/odi guns got the front running ?
Phillipe is a good long term prospect, Jono Wells I don't think will stand up to international level bowlers, international level batsman would hit Sams to all parts and Siddle is probably too old for the selectors (albeit I'd have him in the squad at least).

The thing is who do they replace?

Phillipe is a good long term prospect, Jono Wells I don't think will stand up to international level bowlers, international level batsman would hit Sams to all parts and Siddle is probably too old for the selectors (albeit I'd have him in the squad at least).

The thing is who do they replace?

good points you make and I agree.

let's face it our 20/20 side is far from settled even though we are ranked #2 in the world.

i just hope guys aren't getting a game because of their name and not alot of 20/20 cricket behind them.

in saying that if everyone is fit and firing we basically have 6 locks for all 3 forms of the game at the moment - warner, smith, labuschagne, cummins, starc, hazlewood.

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Stoinis
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Carey
7. M Marsh
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. J Richardson
11. Zampa

12. Short