Australian tour of Sri Lanka (July-September 2016)

Who will win the test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

strange question maybe...

when they go to the 3rd umpire for the stumping, they check the no ball, as if to say it's not a run out, you can't be stumped off a no ball

what happens on a free hit? because you can only get out run out, so can you dance a mile down the wicket without fear of being stumped?

I feel like it'd be out, but isn't that suggesting it's a run out and they shouldn't be checking for no balls for stumpings?

If the batsman doesn't attempt to run, and also makes every effort to get back, it's a stumping not a run out. So yes, you can charge as far as you like to a free hit

You could argue Henriques was stumped, not run out, in the Test ;)

So name some actions you want to see from CA...

For one I think Sutherland's time is definitely up - I wouldn't be as harsh on him as most would and say he's failed on the whole when the game remains the summer powerhouse (and not just talking the Big Bash, tests are still extremely anticipated and well attended). But the length of his tenure is not healthy for any organisation.

If you don't agree with sending players out overseas to play in domestic comps, then what?

Who said I do not agree with that?
Probably one of the few things they do get right.

I've named my actions already. Fix the domestic system regarding the pitches we prepare players on. Let's see how that goes as a starting point. Doubt that'd make the players worse overseas...

Why play Head if you're going to bat him so low. This is a guy with a domestic double ton.

Everybody wants their boys to bat in the top 3 in short formats. Head has a few credits to rack up before he queue jumps, don't you think?

Still, I'm glad to know that you approve of someone, even if the post reeks of localism.

Everybody wants their boys to bat in the top 3 in short formats. Head has a few credits to rack up before he queue jumps, don't you think?

Still, I'm glad to know that you approve of someone, even if the post reeks of localism.
Batting behind Henriques though? Seriously... He's in the team as a batsman and he bats 7? What's the point? Also has nothing to do with liking him or localism, it's more ... HES A FREAKING BATSMAN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Sutherland comments about the Sri Lanka series are quite interesting:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/1049293.html

to be the best team in the world, to be the No. 1 team, you need to be able to win away, and that's what we're about.

Yeah, sure it is.

I think that's where the T20 Blast has allowed kids to bridge between entry level programs and playing what some people might call 'real cricket'

Do you reckon he's ever actually attended a T20 Blast program? I reckon the matches I used to play in the front yard with a taped tennis ball and auto wicket resemble 'real cricket' more than that program does. Increased participation in cricket is a fantastic achievement but don't pretend like that program will do anything to improve high-level cricketers in the future.

#SutherlandOut

James Sutherland comments about the Sri Lanka series are quite interesting:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/1049293.html

Yeah, sure it is.

Do you reckon he's ever actually attended a T20 Blast program? I reckon the matches I used to play in the front yard with a taped tennis ball and auto wicket resemble 'real cricket' more than that program does. Increased participation in cricket is a fantastic achievement but don't pretend like that program will do anything to improve high-level cricketers in the future.

#SutherlandOut

Can confirm that he has. He was at my young blokes t20 blast one evening. His son plays representative cricket with the son of a mate. He was in our area and came along for a look and was great value. I found him to be a great bloke

Back