Australian Vaccine Rollout

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to be suggesting I'm against vaccination. That is not the case. The measle vaccine is different from the covid, in as much as it has been tried and true. No one knows what the long term effects might be of the covid vaccine, because there is no sample group of such people. I don't see why you'd equate people wary of the covid vaccine and are happy to wait for more informed research on the matter with anti vaxxers.

"I ain't against vaccination"

"Proceeds to talk about potential long term effects of vaccine and we should be wary"

Buddy, you don't half contradict yourself, think before you type

I'm glad you're no longer trying to discredit the effectiveness of vaccines though, only took you two posts to stop doing that once it got debunked. Now you're going with the "side effects" angle

Another wonderful example of you engaging the favourite part of your brain.

I like how you stopped debating about the vaccine post by post because every one of your bad faith arguments got shot down, so you're just attacking the man now. As expected of Trump supporters

Got nothing of value to contribute, then you're just wasting my time, at least try contributing to society for a change by getting vaccinated though, highly recommend it

No. It means you restrict travel of unvaccinated people.
How long until you expect travel to be unrestricted for the vaccinated? Will it be when the majority of any country are vaccinated? For now, Israel seems the desired destination for would be travellers.

"I ain't against vaccination"

"Proceeds to talk about potential long term effects of vaccine and we should be wary"

Buddy, you don't half contradict yourself, think before you type

I'm glad you're no longer trying to discredit the effectiveness of vaccines though, only took you two posts to stop doing that once it got debunked. Now you're going with the "side effects" angle

We must be careful to not go down the same path as the "Covid isn't any worse than the flu" crowd.
There is a big difference between the population wide risk profile of Covid vaccines and the risk profile for specific groups.

whgnO95.jpg

We must be careful to not go down the same path as the "Covid isn't any worse than the flu" crowd.
There is a big difference between the population wide risk profile of Covid vaccines and the risk profile for specific groups.

What specific groups do you think are at risk from the vaccine?

I don't think the argument comparing normalizing vaccine side effects with normalizing COVID by comparing it to the flu is a fair one, they are two topics of different scale. The death toll of COVID and flu will dwarf whatever adverse outcomes a small amount of population will suffer from the vaccine

What specific groups do you think are at risk from the vaccine?

I don't think the argument comparing normalizing vaccine side effects with normalizing COVID by comparing it to the flu is a fair one, they are two topics of different scale. The death toll of COVID and flu will dwarf whatever adverse outcomes a small amount of population will suffer from the vaccine

That's the thing, they don't know who, specifically, is at risk.

What they do know is;
- 2 "very rare" types of clotting are occurring
- The clotting is happening in "unusual" places (brain, abdomen)
- the instances of the clotting are getting more prevalent. (At 20 million vaccinated, cases of the 2 types of clotting were 18 and 7, at 24 million vaccinated it was 62 and 24, at 34 million vaccinated it was 169 and 53)
- they think the vaccine is triggering an immune response that is causing the clotting
- they do not know what the risk factors are for triggering that immune response.
- they don't know what the prevalence of the 2 types of clotting are in the un-vaccinated
- the overwhelming majority of cases (96%?) are in women under 55
- ~ 25% of those experiencing clotting are dying.

The vaccine is safe, but clearly there is a cohort of the population that it adversely affects.
Until they work out who, specifically, is in that cohort that may be adversely affected, caution is the best way forward.

That's the thing, they don't know who, specifically, is at risk.

What they do know is;
- 2 "very rare" types of clotting are occurring
- The clotting is happening in "unusual" places (brain, abdomen)
- the instances of the clotting are getting more prevalent. (At 20 million vaccinated, cases of the 2 types of clotting were 18 and 7, at 24 million vaccinated it was 62 and 24, at 34 million vaccinated it was 169 and 53)
- they think the vaccine is triggering an immune response that is causing the clotting
- they do not know what the risk factors are for triggering that immune response.
- they don't know what the prevalence of the 2 types of clotting are in the un-vaccinated
- the overwhelming majority of cases (96%?) are in women under 55
- ~ 25% of those experiencing clotting are dying.

The vaccine is safe, but clearly there is a cohort of the population that it adversely affects.
Until they work out who, specifically, is in that cohort that may be adversely affected, caution is the best way forward.

So it's just the AZ that you think is unsafe, which is fair, so we all wait for the Pfizer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FACT: It is safe to travel in and out without hotel quarantine when you are vaccinated.

SOLUTION: If you want to fu** off and travel you can skip the queue get vaccinated. People who don't want to travel don't give a fu** and can wait

There is no issue. Literally no issue except inpatient political hacks

FACT: It is safe to travel in and out without hotel quarantine when you are vaccinated.

SOLUTION: If you want to fu** off and travel you can skip the queue get vaccinated. People who don't want to travel don't give a fu** and can wait

There is no issue. Literally no issue except inpatient political hacks

As long as you dont run across another mutation, bit like last years flu injection ....

I like how you stopped debating about the vaccine post by post because every one of your bad faith arguments got shot down, so you're just attacking the man now. As expected of Trump supporters

Got nothing of value to contribute, then you're just wasting my time, at least try contributing to society for a change by getting vaccinated though, highly recommend it
angry is as angry does...ice is forming...

Election time will be coming while the we watch the rest of the developed world begin to interact with each other while we remain stuck in the mud.

Massive fail and couldn't be happening to a better PM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back