Closest to the pin - 2022 FEDERAL AUSTRALIAN ELECTION COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

HairyO

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I get the feeling ALP get to 80. There wont be massive late swings back to the Govt because so many vote early.

ALP 80
LNP 63
Others 8

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Based on my observations in this forum over the past few weeks being the objective and representative council that it is of greater society

LNP 0
ALP 150
IND 1

ALBO is PM for 50 years and despite raping a donkey in the HOR, murdering his missus, and putting place a 100% tax rate across the board, is still defended as being a great bloke and PM, and the ALP can do no wrong...ever!

My electorate retains its independent representation and sees an influx of people wanting to escape the Labor flogs in every other part of the country....

beema limapep

πŸ”†πŸ₯‡πŸ¦πŸΊπŸ‘½πŸ’¨πŸ•³πŸ€·β€β™‚️
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Based on my observations in this forum over the past few weeks being the objective and representative council that it is of greater society

LNP 0
ALP 150
IND 1

ALBO is PM for 50 years and despite raping a donkey in the HOR, murdering his missus, and putting place a 100% tax rate across the board, is still defended as being a great bloke and PM, and the ALP can do no wrong...ever!

My electorate retains its independent representation and sees an influx of people wanting to escape the Labor flogs in every other part of the country....
Thanks for your very heartfelt contribution to this quantitative thread Gladys πŸ‘.

Last edited:

beema limapep

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's my election prediction:

Labor 82
Coalition 63
Other 6

Labor gains: Chisholm, Dickson, Casey, Robertson, Leichhardt, Longman, Swan, Reid, Braddon, Higgins, Boothby, Bass
I'll take this over your first post. Ta.

beema limapep

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Just noticed Hank Scorpion and Carn The Berries have both voted:-

ALP 77
LNP 64
OTH 10

...which is fine, it will be a draw if that's the outcome, but if one of you wishes to adjust your numbers then feel free.

Last edited:

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

LNP 0
ALP 150
IND 1

Poor baby 😒

Major Colvin

Premiership Player
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not tipping a landslide unfortunately. However, Labor should have enough to obtain a majority

My prediction
Labor 78
LNP 65
Other 8

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bucks, Redsox, Patriots
That would be absolute carnage! But I suppose anything is possible! Who knows.

Trying to win (not that it matters) so went a bit above.

But also I would say after a few terms even a decent government struggles to stay in, people like change. Even as someone who is more likely to vote liberal usually I would say they are currently led by one of the worst prime ministers this country has had. They are farked imo.

Libs need a clean out which theoretically is better for the country, be nice to think elections are a tough choice for voters (for good reasons)

beema limapep

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Trying to win (not that it matters) so went a bit above.

But also I would say after a few terms even a decent government struggles to stay in, people like change. Even as someone who is more likely to vote liberal usually I would say they are currently led by one of the worst prime ministers this country has had. They are farked imo.

Libs need a clean out which theoretically is better for the country, be nice to think elections are a tough choice for voters (for good reasons)
I don't disagree with most of that!

rank and file

Premiership Player
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park

LNP 0
ALP 150
IND 1

Post needs a Fore! Warning
LNP 64
ALP 70
IND 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beema limapep

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Latest polling in Ryan (metro qld) points to a massive swing away from the Libs, to the ALP and Greens.

A 6.1% swing is required for the Libs to lose Ryan, but polling suggests thw swing will be FAR more significant than that.

If that sort of mentality generally holds across most metro electorates it will be carnage for Scomo.

beema limapep

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
What time do you think the ABC's Antony Green will call the election result?

I'm going for 9:00pm (AEST)/7:00pm (WA time),
If my optimistic prediction is right, somewhere around then.

But I reckon probably around 10 more likely

Maggie5

Apr 3, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
My prediction
Labor 77
LNP 66
Other 8

Called time 9.45pm

My fear it will be very close.

I want Lib losses in Chisholm, Wentworth, Goldstein and Koyoong as a consolation if I am wrong.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

LNP 0
ALP 150
IND 1

One independent? Pfft.

campbell

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wonder if the LNP power brokers, understand the dilemma they face.

Australia hates Sco Mo.

If this flows through to people punishing the LNP, will they take responsibility.ie hang him out to dry?
or
Will they just ignore it.

or as my hubby says, Sco Mo is the power broker.......

I hope I am right.

Lab 84
LNP 54
Greens 6
Teals 5
Ind 1
Kat 1

Dickson, Kooyong, Wentworth to fall
Qld and Vic to turn the election.

beema limapep

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Unlikely
91 seats out of 127 is most lopsided election result browsing history of results.
Coalition of Libs and Nationals in mid 70's.
You might be able to help me - when was 151 seats introduced (was it 1984?) and what is the worst result for both major parties since then from a total seats perspective?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad