Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For me. It was the south jordan stuff (i started in 2021) then not knowing or understanding at all how to develop talent at all. Endless 4 ways etc. Cutting the legs off everyone. My breaking point was south crying after bel pierce went through a table. Made him look like the stupidest face ever when she did the fake brace gimmick.

Just read nobbys review. It's fascinating how rat daddy is amazing in adelaide but just meh in Melbourne. I 1000% agree. Dancing homer indeed. I think it's the difference in match style. Like all his adl matches he fought from behind.

If you want some awesome matches
Vs davis
With heart and corndog vs pat graham, greg graham and will gibson (an amazing match)
Vs knight
Vs joey graham

Its not like there is no video evidence of him being amazing. But i think ugg should have just battered him and big comebacks.

I made it pretty clear in the tweet that I'd done this write up from memory (and I guess from photos) and got called out by the Dude for getting him and De Silva confused. Brutal!

Pcw is down to 54 as well. Seems like them running less has really helped them long term. Feels more clean and focused as well.

Jeepers.

What’s the answer here? Do you keep a real hot house and keep increasing prices by a couple of bucks every show? Or do you start looking for a bigger venue?

These only went on sale to the General public 2 hours ago (after High Stakes ticket holders got an advance crack on Wednesday)

Jeepers.

What’s the answer here? Do you keep a real hot house and keep increasing prices by a couple of bucks every show? Or do you start looking for a bigger venue?

These only went on sale to the General public 2 hours ago (after High Stakes ticket holders got an advance crack on Wednesday)

Could do either of your options or also do what a lot of bands do and add a second night. If you're selling out in a couple hours probably worthwhile adding a second night.

Jeepers.

Don't know what split or such they have with the theatre for concessions as well. Could be some super deal that's amazing and even in a bigger venue with ticket sales it wouldn't touch it. Also remember how considerate mcw has been on their end allowing moves and changes and such.

Five Star Flash has announced today that he's closing FWA this year, following their July and November shows. I find it a bit sad, cos it seemed like a good place for the upper echelon of Sydney talent to work outside of PWA, Newy Pro and Slam. I don't know how it ever made money, but it's none of my business as long as everyone was being paid.

Don't know what split or such they have with the theatre for concessions as well. Could be some super deal that's amazing and even in a bigger venue with ticket sales it wouldn't touch it. Also remember how considerate mcw has been on their end allowing moves and changes and such.

I know you've become irrationally angry in the past when I've said this, but a friend knows the owners of Thornbury Theatre, at some stage they did (or do) own stake in MCW. I don't know if that was pre- or post- the sale in 2020, but they've told me that personally, with the reasoning being that it was the way to keep the shows there. I guess the reason I question that commitment is just cos I never see those guys at shows any more. One or both of the Theatre owners used to be there every show, with one exception I haven't seen them much in ages.

I still don't see those Impact shows in Wagga on the Fite live schedule. makes me wonder if they will be on delay. also the Sunday ticket sales are really bleak unless everyone is buying GA.

They haven't announced anyone that I'd go down the road to see yet, let alone to Wagga.

Five Star Flash has announced today that he's closing FWA this year, following their July and November shows. I find it a bit sad, cos it seemed like a good place for the upper echelon of Sydney talent to work outside of PWA, Newy Pro and Slam. I don't know how it ever made money, but it's none of my business as long as everyone was being paid.

I respect your kindness but I think you're being much too kind about FWA. The last upper echelon Sydney guy they booked was Robbie Eagles back in February of 2021 and he worked the one show and never went back which speaks volumes about how the true upper echelon Sydney guys feel about FWA, most wrestlers working there never worked particularly hard either and the shows ranged from average to very bad.

With the financial side of things FWA has never turned a profit, a quick look at his most recent show I'd estimate a loss around the 10k mark, the one before that I'd say probably 12-15k and the one before that probably around the same. He has a strong reputation for ******* people over with examples from this year being All Star Wrestling, Fandango, Lady Frost, Mila Moore and Zak Zodiac. He claims to have booked 8 internationals for a big final event in November, this will never happen and will lead to more people (local and internationally) being ****ed over.

To speak as openly as possible here, Fivey is a mark mainly for internationals and himself and is apparently six figures in debt over the last 6-7 years he has ran FWA, the large amount of debt and him being a mark will be FWA's lasting impression on the Australian wrestling industry and not anything else. They never booked a hot angle or had a really great storyline, they never successfully built up a star or drew a really nice crowd, they never did anything notable instead it has always just been a vanity project for a wrestler that most of his peers deemed not good enough to live out his wrestling fantasies whilst a small amount of fans went along and supported him because he brought in some cool internationals or interstate names.

The more promotions like this that disappear the better off Australian wrestling is and the more it will flourish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddamn

5158a94cb0f27f18b4ad9d6deea24579.jpg

Anyone starting to think this MCW show feels a bit of a throwaway?

Dusk vs Brooks should be good, but I'm kind of expecting the 15 minute draw.

Jarvis vs Delta is a bit weird in the MCW context.

Tome vs Cava was announced yesterday - that kind of bummed me out a bit, Cava is so much more than a job guy at this point.

Emman vs Nick Armstrong is weird. I expect it will be good, but of all the guys that we have some familiarity with through PWA co-promotions, grabbing a guy most won't have heard of is weird. Although I guess we shouldn't really doubt guys out of Adelaide, should we? (Still... so many young wrestlers in Melbourne, and they're using another fly-in.)

Slex vs Theseus is probably the one that makes some good, long term sense; Tommy is only announced for a segment, while Aeros is announced for a mystery opponent with them putting over Rocky's beef with The Parea - I think they'll end up doing something together, so we're getting close to that tag title match, but Tommy obviously couldn't lose before Ballroom Brawl.

As far as I can tell Mitch is only scheduled for a segment. And they haven't announced any other women on the card, which continues to be the most frustrating and backwards thing about MCW. (edit: They just announced an appearance by Jimmy Townsend. Random, but I like it. Wonder if it's Mick/clown related?)

You don't see a lot of these throwaway "No Way Out" type cards in the lead up to a major event - running 8 events a year neither gives you the opportunity nor the need - but if they were selling this on the merits of the card, rather than MCW just selling out automatically nowadays, I'm not sure it deserves a sell out.

Last edited:
Anyone starting to think this MCW show feels a bit of a throwaway?

Dusk vs Brooks should be good, but I'm kind of expecting the 15 minute draw.

Jarvis vs Delta is a bit weird in the MCW context.

Tome vs Cava was announced yesterday - that kind of bummed me out a bit, Cava is so much more than a job guy at this point.

Emman vs Nick Armstrong is weird. I expect it will be good, but of all the guys that we have some familiarity with through PWA co-promotions, grabbing a guy most won't have heard of is weird. Although I guess we shouldn't really doubt guys out of Adelaide, should we? (Still... so many young wrestlers in Melbourne, and they're using another fly-in.)

Slex vs Theseus is probably the one that makes some good, long term sense; Tommy is only announced for a segment, while Aeros is announced for a mystery opponent with them putting over Rocky's beef with The Parea - I think they'll end up doing something together, so we're getting close to that tag title match, but Tommy obviously couldn't lose before Ballroom Brawl.

As far as I can tell Mitch is only scheduled for a segment. And they haven't announced any other women on the card, which continues to be the most frustrating and backwards thing about MCW. (edit: They just announced an appearance by Jimmy Townsend. Random, but I like it. Wonder if it's Mick/clown related?)

You don't see a lot of these throwaway "No Way Out" type cards in the lead up to a major event - running 8 events a year neither gives you the opportunity nor the need - but if they were selling this on the merits of the card, rather than MCW just selling out automatically nowadays, I'm not sure it deserves a sell out.
You've never seen Nick Armstrong?

He's a perfect Heel/base for Emman. Super solid hand.

I was listening to WRA’s twitch stream - a guy I’ve met a few times at shows had a rant about MCWs apparent refusal to book women. Including the Jess Troy heel turn(?) at MCW12 that I’d pretty much forgotten about, because they haven’t followed it up. (It’s wild that Jess held the belt for a year and we haven’t seen her since.)

This guy was so right, and it’s the first time since I’ve followed Aus wrestling that I’ve thought we need some sort of online campaign for this. As old mate said this is their 3rd show this year, it’s the second time they’ve only booked one woman on the show. That sucks, our women wrestlers are awesome, and it’s inexplicable that one of our biggest promotions isn’t booking then.

I was listening to WRA’s twitch stream - a guy I’ve met a few times at shows had a rant about MCWs apparent refusal to book women. Including the Jess Troy heel turn(?) at MCW12 that I’d pretty much forgotten about, because they haven’t followed it up. (It’s wild that Jess held the belt for a year and we haven’t seen her since.)

This guy was so right, and it’s the first time since I’ve followed Aus wrestling that I’ve thought we need some sort of online campaign for this. As old mate said this is their 3rd show this year, it’s the second time they’ve only booked one woman on the show. That sucks, our women wrestlers are awesome, and it’s inexplicable that one of our biggest promotions isn’t booking then.

Isn’t there most over person a girl?

Good that DMDU is “giving back”

Lol. You complain endlessly about companies like MCW not booking intergender wrestling. They book an inter-gender match with a featured storyline in a prominent position on the card and now you're whinging that not enough women are on the show. Spare me.

Lol. You complain endlessly about companies like MCW not booking intergender wrestling. They book an inter-gender match with a featured storyline in a prominent position on the card and now you're whinging that not enough women are on the show. Spare me.
"They booked one woman instead of two, stop complaining"

What a dumb as f..k reply.

You can't think of a way to include women that aren't directly involved in the title? You can't think of a way that you might have women in a second or a third match?

You just told on yourself, you just don't value them/want to see them/believe they deserve equal opportunities.

"They booked one woman instead of two, stop complaining"
Mate. Delta is probably going to win if not be at the end of Ballroom Brawl. They are obviously booking people who connect or have connected with the audience or people who are good hands who can enhance people. Like it wouldn't shock me if Delta was at the end of the brawl and gets screwed over.

My one hope is that Mitch doesn't cut a YOU FANS promo and its more along the lines of i hear the boos and i get it but at my age or experience i need to take the shortcuts that everyone has in the past and to those who cheer me. Thanks. That sort of gist

With women's wrestling it comes down to the fact that there aren't that many good women's wrestlers out there. Jess Troy is great, Delta is great, Charli Evans has her fans but is also very outspoken about how she feels wrestling should be which would scare many promotions off along with the obsession with blading and deathmatch s**t, Cherry Stephens is average to above average depending on the day but nothing amazing in my opinion, Xena is doing Stardom over in Japan and should return better off for it, Tarlee is alright depending on who she's up against but apart from those 6 and maybe a few more I'm missing (Lets call it 10) the talent pool isn't that deep and won't be until the likes of De Lander, Iiconics, Indi, Rhea, Shazza and Tenille return (If they do...)

Like I swear I've seen Nobby either here or on PWDownunder putting Charli Rose and Rochelle Rogue over as phenomenal young wrestlers but then you watch a match and you see blown spots, bad wrestling, nothing in terms of character and in the case of Charli Rose the last match I had linked to me of her she almost seriously injured her opponent on multiple occasions because of shockingly bad botches but for some reason we're supposed to pretend that they're good and if we don't we're all dirty sexists.

Anyway I'd say that's why MCW only books 1, 2 or 3 at a time. There aren't that many good ones out there and they're all around the country, probably have limited schedules as well so probably easy to dip into the male talent pool, save money on flight and hotel whilst perhaps putting someone more deserving on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back