Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

And Doggy before you go running your mouth in the dogs boards (I think you used the words “whorethorn”)
Stop begging ITKs for info
Kinda sad tbh, especially when board members complain about you

Smith gone more than likely
At the end of the day, it's just your word against the word of others.

Don't take it to heart if people supporting a club opt to listen to those pertaining to be ITK's at that club.

At the end of the day, it's just your word against the word of others.

Don't take it to heart if people supporting a club opt to listen to those pertaining to be ITK's at that club.
Fair enoigh
Thanks for the words

No, I just see the oldest list in the comp with not enough young talent to stop the drop.
Always focusing on what could happen in the worst scenario. If everything absolutely goes to poo, Collingwood might face a tough rebuild possibly at the same Tassie starts building their list. Probably won’t though. Bailey won’t see our list as a bad one given we will contend for a third straight year, and he can contribute to more flag tilts.

The Pies will be fine, consistent with the last 20 years.

Always focusing on what could happen in the worst scenario. If everything absolutely goes to poo, Collingwood might face a tough rebuild possibly at the same Tassie starts building their list. Probably won’t though. Bailey won’t see our list as a bad one given we will contend for a third straight year, and he can contribute to more flag tilts.

Ah yes, the classic every other club will rebuild except mine because we've had a few good years. This always goes exactly to plan.

Wow! Three straight years since you finished 17th. Impressive.

Ah yes, the classic every other club will rebuild except mine because we've had a few good years. This always goes exactly to plan.
To suggest Collingwood will have 8 or 9 players retire within two years is lunacy. So is the suggestion they won’t be replaced with anyone good at all.

The Pies have a core group that can continue to contend beyond this year. Baz can add to that. Young players are getting a crack and improving.

Of course, this is Bigfooty and would could be always beats what already is.

With Ed Richards dominating in the Middle, we no longer need Smith.

As a dogs supporter I would not be mad at all to accept Hawks pick 8 (Suns split) and a future second for him.

Can use it to draft some outside speed.

Both are reasonable points to be fair, it depends how they approach it.

Geelong saw the cliff approaching in 2019, and over the ensuing years got back into the early stages of the draft and/or traded for De Koning, Holmes, Bruhn, Henry, Stengle, Clark, O'Sullivan, & Conway.

That would be different to the Pies approach, which appears to be adding free agents to avoid the drop while not ignoring young talent completely, but hardly prioritising it either.

It could work, and it very well might...but I don't think we've seen it done before, at least in the longer term.

I know it's something that should be explained not dismissed
It's Collingwood's only pre-semi-final exit since 2017, explained by what was the final leg of Buckley's stubborn game plan and poor usage of players combined with the aftermath of the disastrous 2020 off-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this was the Bailey Smith thread? I ended up in a Collingwood thread.

Both are reasonable points to be fair, it depends how they approach it.

Geelong saw the cliff approaching in 2019, and over the ensuing years got back into the early stages of the draft and/or traded for De Koning, Holmes, Bruhn, Henry, Stengle, Clark, O'Sullivan, & Conway.

That would be different to the Pies approach, which appears to be adding free agents to avoid the drop while not ignoring young talent completely, but hardly prioritising it either.

It could work, and it very well might...but I don't think we've seen it done before, at least in the longer term.
To be fair our cliff is still there but it's just a bit smaller. More like a rocky outcrop. Still need to add a few players to hike it.

Players like bailey Smith

To be fair our cliff is still there but it's just a bit smaller. More like a rocky outcrop. Still need to add a few players to hike it.

Players like bailey Smith
It's not a cliff then though, that's the point.

You're just out of the finals for a couple years while you reload, but a lot of the ground work has been done already to soften the landing.

A good example would be Sydney 19/20. An academy helps for sure, but it wasn't a 'cliff' because they hadn't been ignoring youth for years, and that aided in their quicker recovery.

The Tigers would be an example of a cliff in the traditional sense. Topped up while ignoring youth for one last crack, and are now on the other side.

It's not a cliff then though, that's the point.

You're just out of the finals for a couple years while you reload, but a lot of the ground work has been done already to soften the landing.

A good example would be Sydney 19/20. An academy helps for sure, but it wasn't a 'cliff' because they hadn't been ignoring youth for years, and that aided in their quicker recovery.

The Tigers would be an example of a cliff in the traditional sense. Topped up while ignoring youth for one last crack, and are now on the other side.
Tigers are probably then also a side that bailey Smith isn't going to

With Ed Richards dominating in the Middle, we no longer need Smith.

As a dogs supporter I would not be mad at all to accept Hawks pick 8 (Suns split) and a future second for him.

Can use it to draft some outside speed.
Can never have too many good players. Would way rather have Smith than throw a dart and hope to land a player as good as Smith

Smith warrants a current top 10 pick. If pies want to use a future first they'll have to provide more because the risk involved. They also want Lobb so they'll need a pick for him too. I seriously don't see how Pies can get picks for both if they nominate Pies. Maybe they'll look at pushing out some players to look for trades.

Right now they have 24, 42, 49 this season. Picks that would be valuable to a team that'll have academy or F/S. Lions have 6 if they stay in that range Pies could go something like.

Pies give 24, 42, 49, Future 2nd, Get Smith, Lobb,
Dogs give Lobb, Smith, 47, Get 6, Future 2nd,
Lions give 6, Get, 24, 42, 47, 49,
Smith may be worth a top 15 pick but if we include Lobb, then combined it drops down to a future 2nd.

Smith warrants a current top 10 pick. If pies want to use a future first they'll have to provide more because the risk involved. They also want Lobb so they'll need a pick for him too. I seriously don't see how Pies can get picks for both if they nominate Pies. Maybe they'll look at pushing out some players to look for trades.

Right now they have 24, 42, 49 this season. Picks that would be valuable to a team that'll have academy or F/S. Lions have 6 if they stay in that range Pies could go something like.

Pies give 24, 42, 49, Future 2nd, Get Smith, Lobb,
Dogs give Lobb, Smith, 47, Get 6, Future 2nd,
Lions give 6, Get, 24, 42, 47, 49,
Lions give up pick 6 to gain 98 points which the equivalent of pick 65?

Also dogs posters do want overs for Smith, if he does go to hawks they will definitely get overs.

Lions give up pick 6 to gain 98 points which the equivalent of pick 65?

Also dogs posters do want overs for Smith, if he does go to hawks they will definitely get overs.

A top 10 pick is not over for him.

A top 10 pick is not over for him.

Yeah I agree. I hope the Hawks dont shy away at paying up, he is exactly the speed and class we need in the middle.

Future first would get it done. Unless the hawks fly up the ladder a bit more than expected and get something like pick 7 or 8, you would think that that would do it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back