Barnaby Joyce, Coalition MP for New England

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
We now expect that Warren Truss will tell parliament at lunchtime that he has brought forward his departure – that he will depart the frontbench effective from the time the prime minister executes the anticipated reshuffle.
  • The Nationals are expecting the reshuffle over the course of this weekend.
  • Given that expectation, the Nationals party room will meet at 8pm to decide who will succeed Truss as leader.
  • Joyce is considered the frontrunner.
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...-to-reveal-his-retirement-plans-politics-live

Barnaby Joyce (Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, Member for New England) is the frontrunner.

Which I think it is a pretty sad reflection on the National Party.

There are 21 in the Nationals party room including 8 elected under the Liberal National banner in QLD and 1 Country Liberal from the NT.

Last edited:
Barnaby Joyce (Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, Member for New England) is the frontrunner.

Voting tonight, what a non-entity they are yet one of them will hold the position of Deputy PM. A joke!

10+ years ago John Howard and whoever the Nationals leader was were both out of the country so Peter Costello was Acting Prime Minister for a day or two leading to Hur hur he's finally Prime Minister media jokes.

Barnaby Joyce elected unopposed, Fiona Nash elected deputy leader.

There are 21 in the Nationals party room including 8 elected under the Liberal National banner in QLD and 1 Country Liberal from the NT.
Could you really call a well planned succession, well telegraphed and as bloodless as any political move in 200+ years of Australian politics a "spill"?

Could you really call a well planned succession, well telegraphed and as bloodless as any political move in 200+ years of Australian politics a "spill"?

I'm not sure if it's a catch-all term or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be harder for him now that Joyce is leader if he does.
Shame as I think he was a pretty good politician.

Perhaps, however on the flip-side Barnaby has an even bigger stage to make a boob out of himself.

“If you’re trying to turn the finances of our nation around, there are going to be hard decisions that are made. And if we don’t, we go broke,”

“This is our first budget, I understand the concerns people have, I fully understand them, but what is our alternative? We either accept that we’ve got a debt problem and we’ve got to turn it around or we basically we say ‘no, this is only a small melanoma on our arm, and if we just wait long enough it’ll go away’.

“No, it’s a financial melanoma, it will kill you.”

“If you’re trying to turn the finances of our nation around, there are going to be hard decisions that are made. And if we don’t, we go broke,”

“This is our first budget, I understand the concerns people have, I fully understand them, but what is our alternative? We either accept that we’ve got a debt problem and we’ve got to turn it around or we basically we say ‘no, this is only a small melanoma on our arm, and if we just wait long enough it’ll go away’.

“No, it’s a financial melanoma, it will kill you.”

This is all well and good and Keating pushed through tough reforms bringing the voters with him but most Joe blows will not accept it until the big end town start to cough up. When good government and not run by three word slogans most Joe blows understand and do what's right.

This is all well and good and Keating pushed through tough reforms bringing the voters with him but most Joe blows will not accept it until the big end town start to cough up. When good government and not run by three word slogans most Joe blows understand and do what's right.

Let's not kid ourselves .....Joe aint going to accept it regardless of the big end of town.

You can not continually outlay more than you make - especially when it is basically operating expenses and not investments.

Think WA .....we've been through one hell of a boom (GST arrangements aside), we've overspent and the legacy for our kids will be a bill for increased maintenance costs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back