"Bartel is the second best player in the AFL drafted in the 2001 draft (behind Judd)".

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't make me laugh. Hodge and Mitchell are so bloody overated.
Ablett and Bartel kill them in overall skills and performance.
LOL followed by ROFL.

Bartel is has great skills, dont get me wrong but better foot-skills than Hodge or hands than Mitchell???

Luke Hodge has probably got the best foot skills in the league. He can deliver a great pass on his left foot or his right.

did anyone actually watch Mitchell's performances in the finals ? average at best, made some absolute howlers. Gets a lot of it, but only average disposal; also got caught a couple of times in space when the majority of AFL players would have had enough awareness to know a bloke was closing down on them. His reputation dropped a few pegs as far as I'm concerned, and if he was happy with his output then he's got problems.
Ablett and Bartel have been brilliant in both finals they've played so far, hopefully more to come come Saturday.

Luke Hodge has probably got the best foot skills in the league. He can deliver a great pass on his left foot or his right.

Left or Right aye?

Best you reckon?

I'd say David Mundy, Dean Cox and Robert Murphy have exceptional skills either side add Leon Davis.

did anyone actually watch Mitchell's performances in the finals ? average at best, made some absolute howlers. Gets a lot of it, but only average disposal; also got caught a couple of times in space when the majority of AFL players would have had enough awareness to know a bloke was closing down on them. His reputation dropped a few pegs as far as I'm concerned, and if he was happy with his output then he's got problems.
Ablett and Bartel have been brilliant in both finals they've played so far, hopefully more to come come Saturday.

Have you ever heard of a player temporarily losing form, or don't they ever do that at Geelong? Mitchell had a great year, but in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the finals his form fell away. Don't worry about his reputation, he's still one of the best midfielders in the competition, and I'm sure he's not the least bit worried by how YOU rate him.

BTW .. hope you haven't put the mocker on Ablett and Bartel with your comments about them ALWAYS playing well in finals.

A few have mentioned it on BigFooty recently. I am not trying to stir up things here, or even just pump up Jimmy to annoy everyone.

Just wondering what people think. Where do people rate him amongst the 2001 draftees?

FWIW, he was picked at number eight.

Does it really matter? Bartel is a very good player for Geelong, so does it matter how he compares to others?

My only concern is what players add to the club I support, whether that player is better than another player at another club is immaterial - all that matters is what he can do on game day.

Bartel has had a great season, let's just hope that he gets the a premiership medal, which after all counts for so much more than the brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a fantastic player, been a fan of his for a few years, deserving winner.
Comparisons are speculative and pointless.

And of course, your point of view would be objective wouldn't it numbnuts?:rolleyes:

Sure, if you say so, but I have more important things to worry about than arguing with a tosser like you who becuase his team is goooone, has nothing better to do than blindly defend his players in debates such as this one, even when he knows that his opinion is wrong.

Sure, if you say so, but I have more important things to worry about than arguing with a tosser like you who becuase his team is goooone, has nothing better to do than blindly defend his players in debates such as this one, even when he knows that his opinion is wrong.

My opinion is wrong is it dummy?

Perhaps we should poll Hodge v Bartel and then assess it. Until then, your opinion is about as credible.:rolleyes:

And that is why you are roundly considered to be an idiot.

Hodge is one of the top five players in the AFL. Bartel, despite his Brownlow Medal is not.

Yeah, thanks for that.

I repeat, I would not trade off Bartel, to make space for Hodge. Any advantage gained would be minimal, and I'd be messing with a pretty good team morale and cohesion that we have got going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back