Bartlett vs Jackson and the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope this ain't true just when we finally look like we have some stability s**t like this comes out u can never take it for granted barracking for this club they always find a way to disappoint

Honestly guys, I don't get on my soap box all that often on here, but if you are as gobsmacked as I am about this latest story, then let the club know about it. how many of us have said that PJ has been the best thing to happen to this club in forever? Let's not forget that it was PJ that got Roos to the club. Would Glen Bartlett have gotten. Roos to coach Melbourne? Hell no!

Peter Jackson is the most important signature of 2015.

WTF...GAGF! Surely the board not make a decision to SACK pj?
Glenn barlett whoever the f&@k he thinks he is can eat a d!(k

The way i see it is Jackson has gotten a little attached and is doing his all to continue to turn our luck around. Bartlett is just ******* crazy, Bartlett also seems to want to take more control over the picture seeing how PJ is pretty much running the show and getting the attention. Bartlett please **** off you're no good

I get that Brian Cook is a great CEO, but as soon as I think of the administrators of our club trying to get their mates on board I dread. We need professionals not friends.

It would be 100% MFC to miss out on him at the last minute once we'd already burned Jackson and wind up empty handed.

Sounds like the boys club still remains, mates looking out for mates. What a joke this club is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why.png

This all sounds odd to me given PJ's constant insistance that he's in this for the short term and not the long term. Playing devil's advocate (assuming that there is fire to this smoke), perhaps Bartlett has had indication from Cook that he's willing to commit to 5+ years whereas PJ is only looking for 2 or so. Think I'll wait until something more than a rumour actually happens before I lose my mind (more).

I just emailed the club after reading this thread last night. NHJ (Not happy Jan!!). This is what I said...
Hi Melbourne Football Club,
I hope what I’m hearing about unrest between the President and Peter Jackson is untrue. I live interstate and was reading some posts on big footy last night about the contract extension for Peter Jackson. Personally we should move heaven and earth to resign this man as he has done an enormous amount of work for our football club.
The last thing we need is more media speculation regarding the CEO and football club President not getting on.
Regards
XXXXX (Country Member)

This all sounds odd to me given PJ's constant insistance that he's in this for the short term and not the long term. Playing devil's advocate (assuming that there is fire to this smoke), perhaps Bartlett has had indication from Cook that he's willing to commit to 5+ years whereas PJ is only looking for 2 or so. Think I'll wait until something more than a rumour actually happens before I lose my mind (more).

That was one of my thoughts - he could be playing Cook off against Jackson in an effort to secure a longer term deal or something else from Jackson.

Not that I like the sound of that either.

That was one of my thoughts - he could be playing Cook off against Jackson in an effort to secure a longer term deal or something else from Jackson.

Not that I like the sound of that either.

It's not even necessarily playing one against the other. Jackson was a Roos style 'change agent' - short term, come in and set the foundations ready for the next long term candidate. It's possible that Bartlett has found the next long term CEO but Jackson's short term aspirations have grown a little longer. Not such an easy situation to manage cleanly.

I just emailed the club after reading this thread last night. NHJ (Not happy Jan!!). This is what I said...
Hi Melbourne Football Club,
I hope what I’m hearing about unrest between the President and Peter Jackson is untrue. I live interstate and was reading some posts on big footy last night about the contract extension for Peter Jackson. Personally we should move heaven and earth to resign this man as he has done an enormous amount of work for our football club.
The last thing we need is more media speculation regarding the CEO and football club President not getting on.
Regards
XXXXX (Country Member)

Good on you Demon4123, I have also done the same.

Hopefully we can get some clarity from the club about the future of the CEO position in the same way we have about the coaching set-up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back