BBL Match 29 Hobart Hurricanes v Brisbane Heat @ Blundstone Arena Sat Jan 1 1530 hrs ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1,785 were there for Renegades v Scorchers on Boxing Day at Marvel Stadium.

But to be fair the crowd at Manuka was decent for Thunder v Scorchers with nearly 10 k there in Canberra.
I think Hobart's crowds have also been affected by the Jackjumpers,they are currently playing in Hobart to a full house so it's clear to see who the Hobart public are more interested in now.

Anyone that would rather watch basketball than cricket should be deported.

If lived in Hobart I would go to a Hurricanes game any day of the week before a Jackjumpers game.
Tasmanians are clearly choosing the Jackjumpers because they have sold out every game yet hurricanes games have been mostly around 5000 in a stadium capped at 14000.

Nathan Ellis was very good getting three wickets but his death bowling wasn't what it usually is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The jackjumpers are shiny and new and the capacity is stuff all so I don't get the fascination
Capacity is 5000 and I'm hearing of a lot of people that are missing out on tickets,I'm just saying a small market like Hobart will struggle with two national Sports teams at the same time.

The Jackjumpers are the new kids on the block and have the novelty factor, give it a year or two and that will wear off, the Hurricanes are here to stay.
They need to work together so both are successful but I honestly struggle to see the Hurricanes are going to get back to pulling big crowds.The crowds this year haven't even improved after Christmas like most other teams and today is Hobart's last game.

A couple of big early wickets for the Heat..
Good tight line so far from the Heat.

Back