Beams is already a better player the Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise that Murphy has kicked more goals from the midfield this season than any other player bar Ablett?

It is a future prediction.

Beams will be James Hird

and Murphy will be Nathan Buckley..

it is just the way they play the game. I wouldn't be too disappointed in that.

I just think like Hird, Beams has more X factor. He is more of a match winner.

Both Buckley and Hird won Brownlows.

I reckon Beams and Murphy might join them one day.

It is a future prediction.

Beams will be James Hird

and Murphy will be Nathan Buckley..

it is just the way they play the game. I wouldn't be too disappointed in that.

I just think like Hird, Beams has more X factor. He is more of a match winner.

Both Buckley and Hird won Brownlows.

I reckon Beams and Murphy might join them one day.

You're on drugs, Beams is more in the Burns mould but with better footskills. I'd be surprised if we ever see another James Hird style player, he was unique and brilliant

Murphy is like a young Buckley (1993-1996) when bucks only ran one direction, but at least Bucks could hit blokes on the tit from 60m. Murphy can't hit a barn door under pressure

Beams looks exciting but in terms of talent Murphy is light years ahead.

Redden will likely have Beams covered in a few years.

You're on drugs, Beams is more in the Burns mould but with better footskills. I'd be surprised if we ever see another James Hird style player, he was unique and brilliant

Murphy is like a young Buckley (1993-1996) when bucks only ran one direction, but at least Bucks could hit blokes on the tit from 60m. Murphy can't hit a barn door under pressure

Wait and see, Beamsy is in his first year.

He has vision and clarity like Jimmy Hird.

Beamsy reads the ball and injects himself just at the right moment like Hirdy did.

And Jimmy Hird was tougher than people gave him credit for.

Burnsy or Hirdy. I will take either.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17.5 disposals and 1 goal a game.

Very good for a first year player.

Exactly he kicked 2 last night.

Is better in the air, is better by foot, is better by hand and is harder at the ball and doesn't play for free kicks..

He has already got Murphy covered. EASY and will only improve as time progresses, sure Murphy is getting better results because he has been in the system for almost 4 years, but Beams is a better player and is all class.

murphy did get 29 possessions last nite and beams only got 21. murphy 72% disposal efficiently to 67% for beams. murphy had 10 contested possessions to beams 2. murphy 4 clearances to beams 1. murphy had 6 inside 50's to beams 4 inside 50's. and murphy had a goal assist had beams had none, the only thing beams did beat murphy in, was 2 goals too 2 behinds, thats it.
and how exatcly is marc murphy a sook anyhow and beams is only 4 cm taller then murphy thats it, if your going to call murphy a midget, you mite as well call beams a midget as well. oh and in their first years, murphy averaged 18, beams 17.5
i lol'd. 0.5 of a disposal wow rofl

I just thought I would give a little incite and a chuckle to perhaps the reason Dayne Beams played well last night.
When he was drafted I was lucky enough to share a few refreshing beverages with his father Phil "Teapot" Beams that night.
Now teapot has been a life long Carlscum supporter much to the horror of his children.
Well during our conversation over the refreshing beverages I mentioned he couldnt really support the scum any longer now his son had seen the light and gone to god's team.
Well he agreed he would have to drop membership to the darkside and join the force.
He has done that and is now a Magpie member.
Well after the game last night I rang him and he was all "Well my team (the pies) took them cheats apart and we are the real deal etc etc.
I couldnt help but remind a short 8 months ago he was a member of the scum and that he needed to serve a 10yr apprenticeship to rid himself of the blue plague and finally be a pure blood.
He chuckled and stated " well in 10yrs Dayne would have played 200+ games for the pies hopefully bagged a flag or 3 and I will be happy as larry to march to the beat of the Magpie drum"
Another converted success'

Finally the chalice has returned from the forces of darkness and all in the world is good !!!

I just thought I would give a little incite and a chuckle to perhaps the reason Dayne Beams played well last night.
When he was drafted I was lucky enough to share a few refreshing beverages with his father Phil "Teapot" Beams that night.
Now teapot has been a life long Carlscum supporter much to the horror of his children.
Well during our conversation over the refreshing beverages I mentioned he couldnt really support the scum any longer now his son had seen the light and gone to god's team.
Well he agreed he would have to drop membership to the darkside and join the force.
He has done that and is now a Magpie member.
Well after the game last night I rang him and he was all "Well my team (the pies) took them cheats apart and we are the real deal etc etc.
I couldnt help but remind a short 8 months ago he was a member of the scum and that he needed to serve a 10yr apprenticeship to rid himself of the blue plague and finally be a pure blood.
He chuckled and stated " well in 10yrs Dayne would have played 200+ games for the pies hopefully bagged a flag or 3 and I will be happy as larry to march to the beat of the Magpie drum"
Another converted success'

Finally the chalice has returned from the forces of darkness and all in the world is good !!!

Great story.
I look forward to sharing a beverage with said "teapot" at the earlist possible victory function.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Perhaps you could entice him to post a bit.:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back