Ben Jarman

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I hear they are both pretty over rated, especially junior Edwards
I think crows supporters are desperate for a father-son pick up and are seduced by the romance of having an Edwards or a jarman on their list again.
They may turn out to be alright but I have my doubts.

Wow young Edwards playing senior footy for Glenelg as a 16 year old and actually made it into a finals side, and you say overated. Wow you must have high expectations although Burton couldn't make it into a senior team at the same age, does that mean he was overrated?

Wow young Edwards playing senior footy for Glenelg as a 16 year old and actually made it into a finals side, and you say overated. Wow you must have high expectations although Burton couldn't make it into a senior team at the same age, does that mean he was overrated?
When did he play senior football? And exactly what finals game are you referring to, the U18 GF? The bays seniors haven't made the finals for quite a few years now

I think crows supporters are desperate for a father-son pick up and are seduced by the romance of having an Edwards or a jarman on their list again.

True, but sometimes romance is worth it if it galvanises supporters. If he's a late pick the expectation is low anyway so not much to lose.

When did he play senior football? And exactly what finals game are you referring to, the U18 GF? The bays seniors haven't made the finals for quite a few years now

You obviously dont follow SANFL as there are reserves aswell as league, they dont usuually promote players to senior footy because they have a good haircut or are polite

You obviously dont follow SANFL as there are reserves aswell as league, they dont usuually promote players to senior footy because they have a good haircut or are polite
Reserves football is not senior football, senior football is played at league level, just to clarify.
If he played in the reserves or not, I don't know. Maybe the U18 coach had an agenda and promoted him before his time. Who is his coach by the way?
What I do know is from what I've heard he is not AFL standard

Reserves football is not senior football, senior football is played at league level, just to clarify.
If he played in the reserves or not, I don't know. Maybe the U18 coach had an agenda and promoted him before his time. Who is his coach by the way?
What I do know is from what I've heard he is not AFL standard

hahahaha I though Senior football is just that and Junior Football is just that age restricted, bit harder playing against men than U/18 especially when youre 16, where there will be lucky to be 5 of those u/18 players go onto to even reserrves footy. Its a huge gap between 18's and reserves

Yes the coach is Tyson Edwards as was Ben Kennedys father when Ben was playing for the bays, do you think the resrves coach would pick players to lose a game, youve lost your marbles whether it be reserves or league the teams, they want to win. He was picked in a final in which Edwards was coaching the u18's in a preliminary final the next day which Jackson didnt play in. He was picked on his ability Im sure tyson would have loved Jackson playing in that prelim to help him win and help his team

If Ben nominates Hawthorn and gets bid on when still worth points Hawthorn can choose to match it or not.

If they do, the points will come off the pick in the corresponding round in 2017 as they don't have any picks worth points this year.

If they don't match it, he goes to the nominating club.

To add an extra wrinkle, Ben can nominate both Hawthorn and Adelaide but in a given order. If he nominates Hawthorn then Adelaide, Adelaide will get a chance to match the bid if Hawthorn refuses.
Given that Hawthorn don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick next year how can they go into deficit if they don't have the currency to pay?

hahahaha I though Senior football is just that and Junior Football is just that age restricted, bit harder playing against men than U/18 especially when youre 16, where there will be lucky to be 5 of those u/18 players go onto to even reserrves footy. Its a huge gap between 18's and reserves

Yes the coach is Tyson Edwards as was Ben Kennedys father when Ben was playing for the bays, do you think the resrves coach would pick players to lose a game, youve lost your marbles whether it be reserves or league the teams, they want to win. He was picked in a final in which Edwards was coaching the u18's in a preliminary final the next day which Jackson didnt play in. He was picked on his ability Im sure tyson would have loved Jackson playing in that prelim to help him win and help his team
Seniors is the league team.

Reserves is reserves

No idea how others rate Jackson Edwards but I have him as a 1st or 2nd round talent. Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge but I've liked what I've seen. Athletic, nice size, competitive, seems to consistently win enough of the ball inside and out, slightly unusual kicking action but still effective. I'd be looking forward to getting him if I was an Adelaide supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton is a gun and highly rated by SA
Against the Pies in the last quarter where the game was still on the line experienced players Frawley and Birchall looked jittery but Burton was cool as a cucumber like he was the veteran!

I also like how he wants to end up playing in the midfield at 6'3, 90 plus kg!

Senior football is senior football, it's the firsts.

Reserves is reserves.

Have seen plenty of both Jarman and Edwards. I don't see the fuss in Jarman, more to do with surname than ability IMO. Edwards has a lot to like about him but I think he is a fair bit away ATM.

Remove the name and it seems he's just a speculative late pick. I don't care where he ends up to be honest.

Against the Pies in the last quarter where the game was still on the line experienced players Frawley and Birchall looked jittery but Burton was cool as a cucumber like he was the veteran!

I also like how he wants to end up playing in the midfield at 6'3, 90 plus kg!

He already looks comfortable at afl level coming off such a low base.

His leg was the only thing stopping him from going top 5 in the draft. If his leg is good, the Hawks have got themselves an absolute gem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back