Ben Jarman

Remove this Banner Ad

Have seen plenty of both Jarman and Edwards. I don't see the fuss in Jarman, more to do with surname than ability IMO. Edwards has a lot to like about him but I think he is a fair bit away ATM.
He's got a lot of class Jarman, and I love the way he moves but he just looks like he will need to grow a fair bit to have an impact at afl level.

Against the Pies in the last quarter where the game was still on the line experienced players Frawley and Birchall looked jittery but Burton was cool as a cucumber like he was the veteran!

I also like how he wants to end up playing in the midfield at 6'3, 90 plus kg!

Got a bad feeling that ones going to bite us or maybe he might want to come home but it will cost

Wow young Edwards playing senior footy for Glenelg as a 16 year old and actually made it into a finals side, and you say overated. Wow you must have high expectations although Burton couldn't make it into a senior team at the same age, does that mean he was overrated?
Ressies isn't much chop. But in saying that he is going to be a great pick up for the crows.

A 16 year old though playing against men he isn't draft age till next year and reserves is actually better than amateur league and all local leagues
Agreed that it is a good sign for a 16yo. I agree with you, but the diff between ressies and div 1 isn't big. Ressies is a young comp too, you probably get more seasoned bodies in amateurs. But he would still be the youngest out there and by some margin. Not to many 16yo would be getting a crack at ressies footy.

Agreed that it is a good sign for a 16yo. I agree with you, but the diff between ressies and div 1 isn't big. Ressies is a young comp too, you probably get more seasoned bodies in amateurs. But he would still be the youngest out there and by some margin. Not to many 16yo would be getting a crack at ressies footy.

I played both and ressies SANFL isn't as rough but much more skillful and you need to be fitter to play it

Hawks website says we choose not to pick/nominate him.

So you are saying Hawks didnt think he was good enough and he really wanted to go there.

Its the old chicken and the egg arguement

You would think the player if he has the choice of two clubs would be the one who has to make the decision, you would think naturally he had spoken to both clubs for weeks, suprising Hawthorn came out on the same day as Jarman needed to nominate after multiple meetings with the hawks and say we dont want him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are saying Hawks didnt think he was good enough and he really wanted to go there.

You would think the player if he has the choice of two clubs would be the one who has to make the decision, you would think naturally he had spoken to both clubs for weeks, suprising Hawthorn came out on the same day as Jarman needed to nominate after multiple meetings with the hawks and say we dont want him!

I think with father/son the club or player can nominate. I could be wrong and happy to be corrected.
Ahh no all I'm saying is what I saw on various websites.
As you said how would we know the full details.

Everyone that had a pick before the Hawks picked Burton are going to be feeling bad. If Pav was the best footy player to come out of Sacred Heart, Burton won't be to far behind. Special talent.
I think you could be right because the kid looks very very good.

With his time out of the game and the fact they gave him a 3 month spell during the season and the kid still played seniors this year shows how highly they rate him.

With a full preseason I think all footy fans not just Hawk fans will be exited to see how good this kid is.

Not sure where Jarman is rated, but Hawthorn could have matched a bid from 56 onwards without any points cost.

It's not about matching if people want to be honest Jarman chose Adelaide for numerous reasons. Probably more the fact he stays in adelaide gets to spend time with his best mates and entire family and will probably get to play footy with the Edwards boys

It's a lifestyle choice

Its really irrelevant. He will play for the Crows, whether he chose that or Hawks did makes no difference.

Its really irrelevant. He will play for the Crows, whether he chose that or Hawks did makes no difference.

No its not at all, if both Hawthorn and Adelaide wanted him it was simply Bens decision.

That was the relevant part of the discussion and no doubt both hawthorn and Adelaide knew of his choice when the announcements were made by the clubs

It wasnt Hawthorns or adelaides decision to make

It was only the clubs decision once Jarman had made his choice. Are you suggesting that Jarman chose Hawthorn but they declined, it will come out eventually

No its not at all, if both Hawthorn and Adelaide wanted him it was simply Bens decision.

That was the relevant part of the discussion and no doubt both hawthorn and Adelaide knew of his choice when the announcements were made by the clubs

It wasnt Hawthorns or adelaides decision to make

It was only the clubs decision once Jarman had made his choice. Are you suggesting that Jarman chose Hawthorn but they declined, it will come out eventually
I am suggesting it doesn't matter whatever way it happened.

Any parallels w Ablett jnr?

Both appear to have underwhelmed a little at junior level given their inherited talent

Jarman to burst onto the scene when he matures?

I am suggesting it doesn't matter whatever way it happened.

I dont suppose it does matters, except for the fact people are curious to know and weere curious to know which way Jarman was heading. There had been numerous reports frpm teh likes of Andrew Jarman saying he was swaying towrds the hawks then others saying he would prefer Adwelaide. It was in the media a fair bit so a lot of public interest and funnily enough we are talking about it now!

Surprise Surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back