Prediction Best 22 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If Witts went down with a long term injury, could Peter Wright play as a full time ruck, week in and week out?
[/QUOTE]

Why would he need to when we have Smith
He's not a better ruckman than him

Wright probably has the tank for it.

Don't think he has the physicality for it however.

However, I would play Wright over Day just because of his usefulness in the ruck. If Wright played like he did in that 4th quarter every game he would be such a better player.

Not sure where else to ask this.

If Witts went down with a long term injury, could Peter Wright play as a full time ruck, week in and week out?
Smith actually seemed better so far over the pre-season than we were used to with his first stint at the suns.
I think Smith would just come in

Wright would do alright but don't think he would be better than Smith.

Hey guys you guys are starting to have a pretty stacked midfield...

In terms of centre bounce attendance, who is likely to attend the most, 2nd most, etc:
- Greenwood
- Weller
- Brodie
- Rowell
- Swallow
- Miller

In terms of centre bounce attendance, who is likely to attend the most, 2nd most, etc:
- Greenwood
- Weller
- Brodie
- Rowell
- Swallow
- Miller
That will be the centre bounce rotation. Probably Rowell the least. Don't know the rest.

- Greenwood
- Weller
- Brodie
- Rowell
- Swallow
- Miller

That will be the centre bounce rotation. Probably Rowell the least. Don't know the rest.

Swallow will be #1 - has been for the past 8 years, deserves much more credit than he gets.

Swallow, as a 17 yr old, was the first in-and-under player the suns had in those early years, actually worked defensively and tackled, while others *cough cough* Ablett *cough cough* leaked froward to get on the end of handballs, but did FA defensive work - a big reason the suns leaked so many points in the early years (leadership starts at the top).

No wonder why Swallow and Omera and others had so many serious injuries, as kids, they had to play without any big body chop out.

I remember talking to Swallow at an open session - he said he has long term degenerative knees and they will be sore long after he quits playing football. Mostly attributed to playing with/through injury.

Rowell, Noah, Sharp will have some big bodies (Swallow, Miller, Greenwood, Brodie, Ainsworth) to help them absorb some of the pressure.

Lets never forget though, that the current exciting suns list, was built on the backs of young players sustaining injury (Swallow, Omera) and we don't want a repeat.

my best 22 after the pre season now stands like this with injuries taken into consideration

FB: Harbrow, Graham, Budarick

HB: Bowes, Collins, Lukosius

C: Ellis, Greenwood, Sharp

HF: Ainsworth, Wright, MacPherson

FF: Sexton, King, Rankine

R: Witts, Swallow, Weller

I/C Rowell, Brodie, Miller, Fiorini

Anderson will probably get the nod over sharp due to being a bigger body but for me its 50/50 between them. Holman and Sam Day right on the edge of selection, Wright gets the nod due to suiting the CHF position better then Day. Thompson replaces Graham when fit.
That was ******* hard

Swallow will be #1 - has been for the past 8 years, deserves much more credit than he gets.

Swallow, as a 17 yr old, was the first in-and-under player the suns had in those early years, actually worked defensively and tackled, while others *cough cough* Ablett *cough cough* leaked froward to get on the end of handballs, but did FA defensive work - a big reason the suns leaked so many points in the early years (leadership starts at the top).

No wonder why Swallow and Omera and others had so many serious injuries, as kids, they had to play without any big body chop out.

I remember talking to Swallow at an open session - he said he has long term degenerative knees and they will be sore long after he quits playing football. Mostly attributed to playing with/through injury.

Rowell, Noah, Sharp will have some big bodies (Swallow, Miller, Greenwood, Brodie, Ainsworth) to help them absorb some of the pressure.

Lets never forget though, that the current exciting suns list, was built on the backs of young players sustaining injury (Swallow, Omera) and we don't want a repeat.
Welcome to BF.

Interesting first post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly remember hearing O'Meara played injured for the entire 2014 season and missed the entire two following seasons. He now also has degenerative knees (most likely as a result of playing hurt like Swallow). I think the fitness/rehab staff in the early days probably have a lot to answer to as they have likely caused life long defects to these guys.

Anyway, having guys like Greenwood, Brodie and Swallow who actually protect the younger guys should mean we don't make the same mistakes with Rowell and Anderson.

Dave Swallow was asked which young gun he expects to break out this year and said he couldn’t split between Rowell & Anderson. He also mention to stop sleeping on Rankine too.

Can see all 3 debuting against Port

Dave Swallow was asked which young gun he expects to break out this year and said he couldn’t split between Rowell & Anderson. He also mention to stop sleeping on Rankine too.

Can see all 3 debuting against Port
It looks like. Feel a bit sorry for Sharp if he does not debut. In my opinion he showed more than Anderson. I would not be surprised if Budarick plays round 1.

Last edited:
Yeah Touk has him covered if he can keep the form up. I've been pretty harsh on touk but I'd love to see him take his game to the next level
I had him pegged as a permanent B grader mostly on his appalling disposal, but like the rest of the team skills seemed to have improved dramatically in the off-season.In the Marsh series I nearly had multiple mini-strokes based on our players actually finding targets by foot.I find it difficult to deal with that after so many years of Luke Russell, Mav Weller ,Harbs and Touk (hopefully)Mk1

Well by the time the AFL is back... it will be the first time we will field our best 22. Rankine, Ballard, Powell, Thompson, Miles, Hombsch will all be fit by then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back