Prediction Best 22 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, a few best 22 articles don't have Brodie in your starting line-up.

Do these journalists have no idea or is Brodie still not a primary inside midfield choice for you guys?
Fighting for an inside mid spot IMO. We’ve got an over abundance of inside mids. Not a lock yet, but I’d like him to make it his own. Has some good weapons to offer us, particularly against the bigger opposition mids like J. Kennedy and Cripps who we struggle with.

I think building his(will brodie) tank is important but be able to play other position effectively eg Greenwood overhead marking in the forward llne give Dew the opportunity to rotate Him and other players around. Macpheson, Rankine, Ainsworth.

I think building his(will brodie) tank is important but be able to play other position effectively eg Greenwood overhead marking in the forward llne give Dew the opportunity to rotate Him and other players around. Macpheson, Rankine, Ainsworth.
Good point. Brodie's ball handling in traffic & his handball are both very good, but his running & kicking are poor. Opposition players tend to cover his handball options if they have time & they're happy to let him kick, knowing that he won't damage them. With better ball-users around him, we may be able to make better use of his handball clearances, but that would be relying on teammates to make him a more effective player. To make himself a better player, he needs another string to his bow. Hopefully he accepts that challenge & tackles it head on.

Good point. Brodie's ball handling in traffic & his handball are both very good, but his running & kicking are poor. Opposition players tend to cover his handball options if they have time & they're happy to let him kick, knowing that he won't damage them. With better ball-users around him, we may be able to make better use of his handball clearances, but that would be relying on teammates to make him a more effective player. To make himself a better player, he needs another string to his bow. Hopefully he accepts that challenge & tackles it head on.
I thought he made big strides in the last 6 weeks when he was back in. He got more involved in forward forays which I don't think I'd noticed prior.
Had 3 scoring shots in his final 6 games and zero goal assists so could definitely improve further, but I think that spread from contest looked a key focus of his.

Based on height, I think he need to compete with Anderson who is outside mid and forward who score lot of goal in underage competition--the last 4 spot outside best 18 , and Greenwood who is more damaging as forward and lack tank playing full time inside mid when he was with Adelaide.

Hopefully Brodie don't leave in the quest to be a top line mid like prestia. David swallow and greenwood is not getting any younger. The future could be rowell, Brodie, Bowes, Flanders and Alex Davies as inside mid with some part-timer Anderson , ainsworth, Rankins, macpheson. Tagger Holman and Touk.

Last edited:
Hopefully Brodie don't leave in the quest to be a top line mid like prestia. David swallow and greenwood is not getting any younger. The future could be rowell, Brodie, Bowes, Flanders and Alex Davies as inside mid with some part-timer Anderson , ainsworth, Rankins, macpheson. Tagger Holman and Touk.

He already left remember because he sat with his dad away from the neafl team lol

I rated Will Brodie, I knew Endurance still his weakness but so is Touk height and marking. Don't turn him into somebody he is not and take advantage of his height and body, resting forward does not mean he is not a top line midfielder, Bont, dangerfield, Fyfe, dusty, cripps and Even swallow last season score goal resting forward.

Last edited:
I think it's genuinely exciting to think there could be 10+ guys who have a 'break out' year

My top candidates for taking their game to a new level in 2020.

Bowes, Lukosius, King, Brodie, Powell, Ainsworth

And guys that can concievably make an impact in their first real AFL season

Rankine, Rowell, Flanders, Anderson, Riordan

Any other candidates?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's genuinely exciting to think there could be 10+ guys who have a 'break out' year

My top candidates for taking their game to a new level in 2020.

Bowes, Lukosius, King, Brodie, Powell, Ainsworth

And guys that can concievably make an impact in their first real AFL season

Rankine, Rowell, Flanders, Anderson, Riordan

Any other candidates?

I always forget about Riordan

How long could it take him to break into the seniors?

I always forget about Riordan

How long could it take him to break into the seniors?
Well, I hope we get a few games for him at senior level this year. In reality though, this is effectively his first year in the AFL system as a midfielder who wasn't drafted in his draft year. Wouldn't be surprised if he spends time improving aspects of his game in the NEAFL.

From what I saw in his few NEALF games though he can be quite dynamic, nice penetrating kick and can find the ball - all positive attributes.

I’m looking forward to *fingers crossed*
Study Dew taking his game to the next level.

The Suns are an attacking flare brand of footballers.
Don’t try make 19 yr olds play contested footy, stoppage after stoppage.

Our bodies are not currently built for that.
We run and dance and score quickly, out the back cheap goals.

amen.

I’m looking forward to *fingers crossed*
Study Dew taking his game to the next level.

The Suns are an attacking flare brand of footballers.
Don’t try make 19 yr olds play contested footy, stoppage after stoppage.

Our bodies are not currently built for that.
We run and dance and score quickly, out the back cheap goals.

amen.
Not worried about Stew. An ex Swans player told me he's the best coach he's ever had. Knows how to build relationships amazingly and is a very good tactical mind.

I'll back however he thinks the list should play.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Listen to former players is good but Dew need to work on his relationship and game plan with current players. You don't listen to former coach Rodney eade about GCS management , why listen to former Sydney player.

Last edited:
Not even gonna pretend that this isn't SC related. Looking at Rowell, Anderson (mid), Flanders and Rankine in the side. How likely are they going to get plenty of game time?

Not even gonna pretend that this isn't SC related. Looking at Rowell, Anderson (mid), Flanders and Rankine in the side. How likely are they going to get plenty of game time?
Rankine every game when fit

The rest are a lottery at the moment
Most fans have Rowell a lock for Rd 1 and Anderson and Flanders as NEAFL for the start of the year.

The good thing about Anderson and Flanders is they can obviously play forward. The downside - Macpherson (3rd BNF), Ainsworth, Holman (loved by coaching staff - top 10 BNF before he got injured and 8th in 2018, believe it or not) got some runs on the board in the very role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back