• 45: Tylar Young

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 46: Ben Miller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 25 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Vlastuin looks and acts like he doesnt give a *!!! Publicly said he didnt want the captaincy, always has a s**t eating grin on his face after doing some ill disciplined crap, Im so pissed at his attitude, i would drop him! You see him try and get all game face serious later talking to the players, I'd tell him to get stuffed and worry about his own, he isnt a leaders a-hole!
Agree 100% He doesnt give a s**t, doesnt work for the team and gives away stupid free kicks. He's checked out and just phoning it in.

Can you imagine what this year and the next 4-years would look like if we didn’t get TT and Hopper? They are not the problem. If they didn’t play tonight we’d have lost by 130.
Depends if you want to contend for flags or just scrape into finals.

If we want to contend for flags, we need pointy end draft talent.

Not an ideal start to life without Lynch and Nankervis, but I didn't really expect us to win anyway. Disappointed at how we fell away in the last quarter and the lack of discipline and awareness that cost us quite often tonight. After a solid start to the season, it's a bit of a worry how Cotchin has really fallen away in the last few weeks. His impact has dropped right away and he was exposed on a couple of occasions tonight where opposition players just ran away from him with ease. Could be some interesting discussions being had between him and Dimma the next few weeks. Not getting overly excited by Jacks game either, the Swans had no KPD players on the field tonight so he was always going to get his chances. Lets see how he goes next week against May Lever and co next week against Melbourne. Bolton could draw the eye of the MRO for his whack at Gulden although he should be looking at nothing more than a fine.

Couldn't ask too much more of Jack, he dropped a few he should have marked. He will obviously not get a kick against the Dees next week, not his fault anymore though, he's not meant to be our number 1 option. A bigger worry would be Dusty not having any impact at all against that defence.

Hopper
Reiwoldt
Baker

3,2,1 for me.

Liked Clarke’s game.

Unfortunately Ryan isn’t ready.

Stat sheet flattered Kmac and Vlastuin

Our worst game since 2016.

The lack of discipline from the likes of Bolton and KMac was astounding when the game was on the line.

Early days, but selling the future for Taranto and Hopper is already looking a munumental failure, maybe Hardwick's getting list management advice from Clarkson.

Since 2017 our list management has been elite.........until 2022. We've misread our list, our younger players like Clarke and HRS are not up to it. Our older players need support and are not getting it. And we've topped up with spuds like we did under Frawley.

Having said that, Geelong have topped up successfully the whole of Scott's tenure.

So our issues lie around the Taranto/Hopper recruiting and dud assistant coaches.

Shocking take… you’re writing off Clarke ..?? He had 20 touches and a goal last week in his 6th game. Tonight wasn’t his best but he still had 11 touches, a goal and 4 clearances. The kid is 19yo and has played 7 games of footy.

Hugo was very good against Dogs also, albeit lots of errors tonight. But at least he gets the ball … he has played 22 games.

You must be young and have a very short memory as to what the likes of Edwards, Rance and Astbury were like in their first handful of games and first few seasons …. I’ll remind you - they were shocking. In fact Edwards didn’t really come good until his 5th season… Rance was no good until his 4th season.

And you want to write off Clarke on his second season with 7 games under his belt. Fair suck of the sauce bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with the headline on the AFL site saying swans beat injury hit tigers. Surely Sydney had more out than us, they also lost a player early that was up and about. Sydney were the youngest of the 18 teams this week, injuries better not be used as an excuse.

Agree 100% He doesnt give a s**t, doesnt work for the team and gives away stupid free kicks. He's checked out and just phoning it in.

vlastin - i had hopes hed be captain from the day he was drafted. had all the tools. a dimma lookalike too.

i do feel the 2020 concussion has affected him in ways the unconcussed would not understand.

Shocking take… you’re writing off Clarke ..?? He had 20 touches and a goal last week in his 6th game. Tonight wasn’t his best but he still had 11 touches, a goal and 4 clearances. The kid is 19yo and has played 7 games of footy.

Hugo was very good against Dogs also, albeit lots of errors tonight. But at least he gets the ball … he has played 22 games.

You must be young and have a very short memory as to what the likes of Edwards, Rance and Astbury were like in their first handful of games and first few seasons …. I’ll remind you - they were shocking. In fact Edwards didn’t really come good until his 5th season… Rance was no good until his 4th season.

And you want to write off Clarke on his second season with 7 games under his belt. Fair suck of the sauce bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clarke reminds me of one player - Shane Edwards (without the handballing [but with also out the grubbing kicks])

HRS reminds me of so many players... Cam Howatt, Clinton King, Ben Nason to name a few.

Yeah but they are the wrong age, we need 18 year olds that will be here for 15 years, no way we are challenging in the next 5.
nah too risky man, we still have the makings of a strong side, they are the right age bracket and will help our youth transition over the next 12-24 months and still be in the peak of their powers. You cant sweep the board clean and start again, total rebuilds are absolute bullshit

Can't see where our next win is coming from if I'm honest however getting back Broad, Short, Tarrant will help tremendously to stiffen the backline and help with our run. Haven't looked at the stats but felt tonight we got slaughtered in the centre clearances. Warner, Mills and Gulden had a party out there waltzing the ball out the middle. The amount of times Prestia was on the wrong side of reading off the ruck and his direct opponent was staggering. Surely Meatball is no where near 100% fit. He was ball watching a lot tonight. Very unlike him. 🥺

Injuries had nothing to do with this lose

It was all about skills , hunger and discipline

Way too many passengers in this team currently

Bolton Martin Cotchin Pickett Grimes Prestia - This is where the leadership and experience should be coming from and its not !

Good:
Hopper played his best game.
Baker was good.
Riewoldt was good.
Cumberland offered a lot.
Rioli when not being absolutely blanketed.
Tylar Young looked good early and I think there's a player there long term if we persevere.

Bad:
Cotchin was deplorable and it is honestly sad seeing him run around as a shadow of the player he once was.
Grimes played the worst game I can recall him playing.
Vlastuin has been awful since...... I honestly can't recall but I'm beginning to think 2020. His match tonight was absolutely awful.
Ralphsmith was utterly utterly terrible. Fumbled, kicked into man on the mark, lost key one on ones, gave away goals. Horrible.
Miller was ineffective in the ruck and horrible down back. Not sure he's going to make the grade.
Ryan dropped every important mark he was in a position to take. Needs weight and strength. At 22 is that something he's going to develop now? I'm worried.
Coaching - every time Shai got a center clearance he would subsequently be in the forward line for the next center square ball up. WHY? The midfield is a disaster and quite frankly having 3 good clearance players in there means that we just get beaten on the outside. The mix is horrifically wrong and I'm now worried that guys like Clarke and Sonsie who should get the occasional bounce attendance won't develop because we're persisting with plodders that can't kick.....
Umpiring - I'm tired......

nah too risky man, we still have the makings of a strong side, they are the right age bracket and will help our youth transition over the next 12-24 months and still be in the peak of their powers. You cant sweep the board clean and start again, total rebuilds are absolute bullshit

I agree.

Look at the Swans who kept guys like Franklin, Rampe, Heeney, Mills, etc and obviously the Cats.

You need to keep champions to breed champions.

Back