Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 46: Ben Miller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 25 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad: Everything
1. Samson Ryan would drop a baby if someone put it in his hands.
2. Noah Balta has to be one of the dumbest footballers going around
3. Vlastuin is bereft of confidence or just has a permanent concussion after the 2020 GF
4. Cotchin is cooked, he is a liability out there. The fairytale of 300 games for the champ is killing us.
5. A few years ago Grimes would have Papley covered but he's bordering cooked
6. You just knew Bolton was going to get emotional and give away a stupid free and 50m penalty
7. Dion looks done, either the inclusion of Taranto and Hopper is impacting him or he is cooked too.
8. GWS is looking like they'll get Harley Reid after we gave them this year's first rounder
9. We're getting smacked at the stoppages. When we have one spare behind the ball they get clean possession out of the stoppage and have plenty of time to hit someone up or if we get another spare at the stoppage they still get the clearance. Either our ruckman sucks or our midfield sucks.
10. Our defence in the D50, midfield and F50 is wooden spoon worthy. In the D50 we make dumb low IQ decisions or can't execute. In the midfield we let them run out with the clearance and give them time and space. In the F50 we let them run the ball out like they're stealing candy from a baby.

This team and the trajectory reminds me of the 2022-23 Mavs, a team with so much hype and don't deliver, they make a trade for a superstar and continue to underdeliver.

This game gives me shades of the dark ages when supporters don't have confidence in the team anymore. A couple years ago I had full confidence we would run over the top of them in the 3rd quarter. Now I have zero confidence in this team, like it'll be another long wait until a premiership comes along again.

Every year we talk about the lack of I50 connection but it is yet to be addressed. Every year we talk about the undisciplined free kicks or 50m penalties and yet none of that has been fixed.

Bad: Everything
1. Samson Ryan would drop a baby if someone put it in his hands.
2. Noah Balta has to be one of the dumbest footballers going around
3. Vlastuin is bereft of confidence or just has a permanent concussion after the 2020 GF
4. Cotchin is cooked, he is a liability out there. The fairytale of 300 games for the champ is killing us.
5. A few years ago Grimes would have Papley covered but he's bordering cooked
6. You just knew Bolton was going to get emotional and give away a stupid free and 50m penalty
7. Dion looks done, either the inclusion of Taranto and Hopper is impacting him or he is cooked too.
8. GWS is looking like they'll get Harley Reid after we gave them this year's first rounder
9. We're getting smacked at the stoppages. When we have one spare behind the ball they get clean possession out of the stoppage and have plenty of time to hit someone up or if we get another spare at the stoppage they still get the clearance. Either our ruckman sucks or our midfield sucks.
10. Our defence in the D50, midfield and F50 is wooden spoon worthy. In the D50 we make dumb low IQ decisions or can't execute. In the midfield we let them run out with the clearance and give them time and space. In the F50 we let them run the ball out like they're stealing candy from a baby.

This team and the trajectory reminds me of the 2022-23 Mavs, a team with so much hype and don't deliver, they make a trade for a superstar and continue to underdeliver.

This game gives me shades of the dark ages when supporters don't have confidence in the team anymore. A couple years ago I had full confidence we would run over the top of them in the 3rd quarter. Now I have zero confidence in this team, like it'll be another long wait until a premiership comes along again.

Every year we talk about the lack of I50 connection but it is yet to be addressed. Every year we talk about the undisciplined free kicks or 50m penalties and yet none of that has been fixed.

In the dynasty this was key. Connections everywhere.

Grimes and Vlas are missing Broad and Tarrant. Explains our seemingly disorganized back line.

Young is doing ok for a new player, but he can't be expected to fill those 2 missing player's roles.

Sampson is on the cusp of being a very good player, been thrown in at the deep end though with no Nank or Soldo.. Hope they don't ruin him through ridiculous expectations too early on.

Our worst game since 2016.

The lack of discipline from the likes of Bolton and KMac was astounding when the game was on the line.

Early days, but selling the future for Taranto and Hopper is already looking a munumental failure, maybe Hardwick's getting list management advice from Clarkson.

Since 2017 our list management has been elite.........until 2022. We've misread our list, our younger players like Clarke and HRS are not up to it. Our older players need support and are not getting it. And we've topped up with spuds like we did under Frawley.

Having said that, Geelong have topped up successfully the whole of Scott's tenure.

So our issues lie around the Taranto/Hopper recruiting and dud assistant coaches.
Geelong have had many poor top ups. But they got a few crucially right for their shot at a flag last season. Mostly Cameron and Smith.

It took a decade of top ups that didn't work while reshuffling their list.

I don't think we are in the same situation. I think some of our young guys look great. Just need to persevere with them. Thankfully a few of the older Flag heroes are still around to help out and show them the ropes.

It isn't looking like the flag we all wanted this season, (and that was hoping everything went right), but I'm still bullish on the list.

Well that was fukt. Played like crap. Very few positives, Young, Rioli, Baker and maybe one or two others. Jack a true champion. A few blokes not up to it or not ready. Gave up in the end, lack of intensity throughout. Watching them run up the score and celebrate like a bunch of Muppets just added to the shitness.

Just got home from dinner. How much did we win by lads?

3 goals.

I’ll set the scene. Down by 2 goals and Samson Ryan is subbed and on the big screen we hear glass shatter.

It’s lynch! Comes on in a moon butt and is just kicking ass!!

Kicked 5 straight and shotgunned a VB with the cheer squad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the 2000s pretty clearly. Classic bandwagoner

Your club has won 4 premierships in 60 years. Back to your hole you cretinous inbred douche.

People will look at free kick counts but it goes beyond that.

I would love to know the difference opposition teams get to move the ball on compared to us as well as how much deviation teams are allowed for moving slightly off their line. I also love to know how many times we get called to play on for 'not 15' for kicks that travel the same distance as other teams who don't get it called.
Have a look at the clanger stat, 77 for tonight and the same last week, to put that into perspective the Hawks highest clanger stat for the first 4 rounds is 68. We just make the most stupid errors at the wrong end of the ground and get crucified on the scoreboard.

It's a momentum killer and honestly I can't see how this is fixed in a hurry as we just seem to have a low skilled group of players and this includes the core senior players. It's basically cringe time when the ball is in the hands of about 90% of the team which is scary to day the least.

Geelong have had many poor top ups. But they got a few crucially right for their shot at a flag last season. Mostly Cameron and Smith.

It took a decade of top ups that didn't work while reshuffling their list.

I don't think we are in the same situation. I think some of our young guys look great. Just need to persevere with them. Thankfully a few of the older Flag heroes are still around to help out and show them the ropes.

It isn't looking like the flag we all wanted this season, (and that was hoping everything went right), but I'm still bullish on the list.
they also had a rule change by their ceo

Ffs get a grip guys 😂😂😂
I know right…I’m seeing A LOT of new names tonight…It’s like a lot of our “supporters” took the De Lorean from Aug 2016 to 14/04/23…What about all the great in between…? I don’t subscribe to the theory that we’ve “run out of credits”…I’m just looking forward to our next wave coming…And there’ll be ups and downs (like tonight) but what else have you got going on…?

But his decisions and skills were below average
Baker was fine tonight imo after a terrible week last week.

The entire defensive group hasn't been the same since Astbury left. I think despite his athletic reputation he was the one who made it all click. Even in the Rance years

Presser

• couldnt capitalise on momentum
  • 1 goal 5 in a term.
  • sydney played a solid game
  • get better at smarts and ball execution
  • poor discipline
  • dissappointed with push and shove. get teh footy!
  • 2 x 50m pen goals.
  • balta second guessing himself. frustrating.
  • disjointed. 8 goals from front half unrichmond like
  • frustrating cause we surge and score.
  • not hitting grass when needed, instead turning it over directly and they score. gotta get better

Back