Autopsy Roast & toast vs Melbourne and changes for round 21 vs Western Bulldogs

Best vs Dees

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, surprise, surprise, AFL.com feel the need to put out this Breaking News with us just happening to be playing at Marvel for the next fortnight.

Tigers' Marvel misery, Cats' dominance: Your club's best and worst venues
This shows what a leg up it is to have your own stadium that no one else plays at. Cats winning 86% of games at their dung hill is a pretty handy home ground advantage. we don’t get that boost at the mcg no matter how much we love to play there

maybe but seriously dont know any of those dogs players

are they any good ?

ffs going to be s**t show friday night

stock standard

we will get done a couple times for iffy ones, 100m for arms up dissent one of those times

rest of the weekend they will give the players a warning before giving the 50 for much worse ones than ours

Oh look, surprise, surprise, AFL.com feel the need to put out this Breaking News with us just happening to be playing at Marvel for the next fortnight.

Tigers' Marvel misery, Cats' dominance: Your club's best and worst venues
Cats home ground advantage is unsurpassed. No other club comes close, not even the interstate sides. Weird shape, train there, shared with no-one else, located in shithole town no oppo supporters want to go near are all factors. Also it's their only home ground so play there a more than teams with multiple home grounds and the one other team that has anywhere near a comparable win rate (Hawks in Tassie, but they only play a third of their games there). Equalisation AFL style.

Yep. Assume the position lads. What the bet we get done half a dozen times amd dogs none?
Wouldn't be so bad if they called the player with the ball to play on once they have gone off their line. They stand there watching while the kicker pretends to be looking around to deliver the ball when really they are creeping around. Did anyone notice the Richmond player stand the mark 60m out while his Melbourne opponent crept around and crept around and played on and had a shot at goal from the 50m line. Nothing from the ump until too late. Luckily he sprayed the kick.

What brains trusts we have, first to deliver the stupid rule, then instead of cracking down on the player with the ball, they'd rather pay 50m for an instinctive step or two or genuinely trying to man the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe we know more than them sometimes. Do you think everything they do is right?
Nope, but I know they base their decisions on far more than of us do, so I would never assume I know better.. Supporters base their decisions based on such a tiny amount of information and mostly purely on individual performances.

Supporters decisions are so heavily based on stats, while the actual coaches are looking at structure, looking at performances beyond the stat sheets, at matchups, at their intent/effort/personality.

E.g Castagna. So many here went on and on about how he wasn't being dropped when he did 'nothing' week after week. If you step back and think, you should be able get to the conclusion that he isn't being picked for no reason and his contribution must be more than what supporters see....but instead the nuffies think they know better. They're not playing him every week for the fun of it, he must contribute to that forward structure better than any other option, regardless or his personal stats.

Another current example is Cumberland. We are desperate for forwards, he is a natural goal kicker. If he's not being played then there is CLEARLY something that we are not seeing behind the scenes. Either defensive efforts or just his attitude. Supporters see his 3 goals he kicks but won't see when he's off screen letting his man run free for example.

So na, supporters don't even know better. That's like saying you know better than the Doctor because you read up about it online. They are professionals with infinite more knowledge and skills than you, and they also have a vast amount of information that you don't even have access to.
That doesn't mean they are never wrong, because they are. But even when they are wrong, the supporters are still not right lmao

Nope, but I know they base their decisions on far more than of us do, so I would never assume I know better.. Supporters base their decisions based on such a tiny amount of information and mostly purely on individual performances.

Supporters decisions are so heavily based on stats, while the actual coaches are looking at structure, looking at performances beyond the stat sheets, at matchups, at their intent/effort/personality.

E.g Castagna. So many here went on and on about how he wasn't being dropped when he did 'nothing' week after week. If you step back and think, you should be able get to the conclusion that he isn't being picked for no reason and his contribution must be more than what supporters see....but instead the nuffies think they know better. They're not playing him every week for the fun of it, he must contribute to that forward structure better than any other option, regardless or his personal stats.

Another current example is Cumberland. We are desperate for forwards, he is a natural goal kicker. If he's not being played then there is CLEARLY something that we are not seeing behind the scenes. Either defensive efforts or just his attitude. Supporters see his 3 goals he kicks but won't see when he's off screen letting his man run free for example.

So na, supporters don't even know better. That's like saying you know better than the Doctor because you read up about it online. They are professionals with infinite more knowledge and skills than you, and they also have a vast amount of information that you don't even have access to.
That doesn't mean they are never wrong, because they are. But even when they are wrong, the supporters are still not right lmao
Really. You think we in the stands can't see the running, zoning, protecting the outlet pass, any number of things that only the coaches can see. Of course they watch it more keenly, be we in the stands have a fair idea of what goes on also.

As far as Castagna goes, in 2017 he with Butler were instrumental in our forward pressure. It tooks teams by surprise and the entire team brought into it. He also kicked 26 goals in 2017 and 2018, and in 2018 took the second most marks inside 50 for us behind Jack. In 2019, if he had kicked straight (0.5 and one on the full), plus 20 possessions he might have been mentioned in the Norm Smith votes. He kicked 27 goals for the season.

But Lynch pushed him out and he had to work further up the ground. He kicked 17 goals in 2020/21, then 12 in '22. He was not suited to playing as a high half forward because his skills in transition were a liability. All the talk here was about guarding space, because that is all anyone could see him doing, because that is what he was reduced to. Early Castagna was a really good player, like Caddy, but both lost their spots because they couldn't adapt. Castagna should have been dropped to get some form and confidence playing in the VFL then maybe he would have come back a better player, but Hardwick was too loyal to his player and to his system. We finished 12 in his last year, so us 'nuffies' could see that he wasn't delivering, and eventually he was dropped, too late. He prematurely retired because he knew his position in the team. I'll stick up for Castagna any day, because in his prime he was dynamic and really important to the team, and most on here agreed.

Of course the coaches know better, but some of us on here have watched and played footy for an awful long time and there is one thing that has never changed, game plans, structures, whatever, limited players usually get pressured out.

Last edited:

its not what i am saying, they make dumb decisions, make no mistake about it, and so do i and the list goes on,
dont assume everything they do is the right call, i can bring up heaps of examples if I have all day.

We need a new position at Tigerland.

Richmond umpire review officer.

He can sit and compile a list of rorts on hard drive and present it to AFL hq each week.

Is there a hd big enough?

You can tell Friday Night is going to be a distaster
If we had normal umpiring,the crowd would be 20k bigger.
Tiger fans have had a gutful.
The AFL are destroying us as a club.
Now the 50 rule changed again.

can't wait to get reamed by the stand crackdown and the club to do nothing and grovel at the afls feet

black and white please GIF

If we had normal umpiring,the crowd would be 20k bigger.
Tiger fans have had a gutful.
The AFL are destroying us as a club.
Now the 50 rule changed again.
100%

been saying it since 2021 when the first rort stand rule came in

they are costing us millions of dollars and should be sued. there is mountains of evidence. mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back