Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the Fix footy interview that contains Fyfe & his new leadership group. In the last seconds it has Sandi in frame looking at Fyfe.
I'm no expert or know Sandi at all but "no division" my ass

Big fish board: too expensive dont want fyfe

9c777d4f76f5951e918fd624bb6a91d8.jpg

Inner big fish board: work your magic wrighty make it happen fyfe oh baby

Adding Fyfe to JOM and Tommy boy would allow many of our young very very good players to be just that and not be burdened with turning into superstars of which a sprinkling is necessary to take you over the top.
I think in most Hawkfan eyes and most other supporters too, our current list says mmmh, dangerous and an unknown quantity - top 4 at best and maybe finals smokey because of lineage and ability, or 5-8th and you'd be uncomfortable playing us any week.

Add Fyfe and were bona fides to keep you up at night either dreaming of cups or a nightmare situ for Geelong fans seeing another possible great era of their own crashed by the Brown and Gold.

Do it HFC.
Find a way.
The next era could be right now, right frickin now.

Adding Fyfe to JOM and Tommy boy would allow many of our young very very good players to be just that and not be burdened with turning into superstars of which a sprinkling is necessary to take you over the top.
I think in most Hawkfan eyes and most other supporters too, our current list says mmmh, dangerous and an unknown quantity - top 4 at best and maybe finals smokey because of lineage and ability, or 5-8th and you'd be uncomfortable playing us any week.

Add Fyfe and were bona fides to keep you up at night either dreaming of cups or a nightmare situ for Geelong fans seeing another possible great era of their own crashed by the Brown and Gold.

Do it HFC.
Find a way.
The next era could be right now, right frickin now.
Or add Trengove + Martin for slightly more than the cost of Fyfe?

Ur kidding urself
Fyfe isn't getting out of bed to play for 800k
Sure he is, maybe even less this year.

You'd have to think if we got him it would be for a number like $800k not $1.2mil

If that number in conjunction with playing for Clarko alongside guys like O'Merea and Rioli doesn't do it for him then he probably won't be a Hawk.

Until he's signed somewhere or publicly ruled us out as a destination anything is possible, even if it's not probable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%...st Kilda and Carlton will both be able to offer Fyfe $1.2m+.. Fremantle around that mark as well. If he leaves Fremantle, he will be going to one of those two teams.
Dusty Martin and Dylan Shiel would be the best hopes.
If we secured Dylan Shiel so as to have O'Meara, Shiel and Mitchell as the core of our midfield for the next decade......Forget about it!!!

100%...st Kilda and Carlton will both be able to offer Fyfe $1.2m+.. Fremantle around that mark as well. If he leaves Fremantle, he will be going to one of those two teams.
Dusty Martin and Dylan Shiel would be the best hopes.
Shiel will be harder to get than Fyfe, his club will finish high, he isn't an FA and he's making all the right noises about staying.

GWS can probably afford to lose him more than Freo can with Fyfe, but GWS look a lot closer to a flag than the Dockers.

Martin looks gettable

Sure he is, maybe even less this year.

You'd have to think if we got him it would be for a number like $800k not $1.2mil

If that number in conjunction with playing for Clarko alongside guys like O'Merea and Rioli doesn't do it for him then he probably won't be a Hawk.

Until he's signed somewhere or publicly ruled us out as a destination anything is possible, even if it's not probable

Ur kidding urself. If Fyfe comes to Hawthorn it won't be for discounted 800k.

Shiel will be harder to get than Fyfe, his club will finish high, he isn't an FA and he's making all the right noises about staying.

GWS can probably afford to lose him more than Freo can with Fyfe, but GWS look a lot closer to a flag than the Dockers.

Martin looks gettable

GWS would have to be getting somewhat constricted for cap space so you may see someone squeezed out like Mitchell at the $wans. That said - I don't see how we'd have any trade chips that would satisfy GWS.

Martin isnt coming for 800k either

The cap keeps going up and apart from breust all our young/in their prime stars are locked in long term deals

1.2 is too much yes bet 1m or 1.1 (5 years after we offered it to buddy and our cap was tight compared to next year is a long time ago) if fyfe blows up the comp this year isnt out of the question. There has to have been a bigger plan in dumping lewis and mitchells contracts.

GWS would have to be getting somewhat constricted for cap space so you may see someone squeezed out like Mitchell at the $wans. That said - I don't see how we'd have any trade chips that would satisfy GWS.
Shiel wouldn't be the one squeezed out though. He is among their top few players.

Shiel wouldn't be the one squeezed out though. He is among their top few players.

Granted, but say GWS can only offer him $600-$700k for example and we can trump that a little bit then possibly we'd be in with a shot. Particularly if there is any come-home factor. I know it's unlikely - and I still can't see how we'd satisfy a trade.

I'm still for the pursuit of Trengove. He would be a massive asset & very attainable without draft picks.
On the Geelong premise, a first Rd pick & a player for Hopper is a far better play IMO.
Chip isn't young & needs support anyway in the KPD department.
Hopper is a gun & a great age to fit with the rest of the boys.
Fyfe, Shiel, Dusty are all good players but I think that the cost of these players can be better spent elsewhere to improve the Hawks.
#Hopperisthetarget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back