Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nagelsmann, Rodgers, ETH, Poch, Conte and then the Spaniard. So fonseca is 7th choice.
Pauly the Parrot in the house. Want a cracker?

Can you repeat it again for the only remaining person somewhere out there that doesn’t know this. Permanent sad sack.

Paratici looking at getting Loccatelli. That would be a great get. Surely we've got some stiff competition from clubs in the main 2 european comps though

Rotted on the bench for years under Mauricio. His fault.

You talk about nuance but seem very black or white about what was quite complex.

Jose saw nothing in him either for some reason.

At least Poch gave him opportunities (but yes, could have developed him better). I think it could be a combination of Poch, Jose and the player being quite young and needing time.

Above all I blame the silly buyout clause. And that is on Levy. That buyout clause should have been double what we agreed to in the loan deal. We would have made a reasonable profit or given Villareal something to think about. For 13m though, they absolutely fleeced Levy on this one. We paid 8m plus wages so probably broke about even on a guy who is obviously a serious talent.

Paratici looking at getting Loccatelli. That would be a great get. Surely we've got some stiff competition from clubs in the main 2 european comps though
ah, what a stupid move that was by Milan.

Strikes me as the sort that won't leave Italy.
Possibly back to Milan, but Juve would be right into him.

If we're pillaging Italy - Skriniar & Milenkovic-Savic please :)

You talk about nuance but seem very black or white about what was quite complex.

Jose saw nothing in him either for some reason.

At least Poch gave him opportunities (but yes, could have developed him better). I think it could be a combination of Poch, Jose and the player being quite young and needing time.

Above all I blame the silly buyout clause. And that is on Levy. That buyout clause should have been double what we agreed to in the loan deal. We would have made a reasonable profit or given Villareal something to think about. For 13m though, they absolutely fleeced Levy on this one. We paid 8m plus wages so probably broke about even on a guy who is obviously a serious talent.
We’re discussing a past topic you have no knowledge of. The back story is that Poch’s first pre-season he had to trim the squad. Siggurdson was one that was cut without much opportunity to impress Pochettino. Went on to do well at Swansea.

JD years ago said it was AVB/Sherwood’s fault not the new man. Now the same happened with Foyth/KWP he is arguing it was Jose’s fault. I am just adopting a position that highlighted his former hypocrisy on the matter.

FWIW I think Spain suits Foyth. He speaks the language and it is a little less physical for his light frame.

We’re discussing a past topic you have no knowledge of. The back story is that Poch’s first pre-season he had to trim the squad. Siggurdson was one that was cut without much opportunity to impress Pochettino. Went on to do well at Swansea.

JD years ago said it was AVB/Sherwood’s fault not the new man. Now the same happened with Foyth/KWP he is arguing it was Jose’s fault. I am just adopting a position that highlighted his former hypocrisy on the matter.

FWIW I think Spain suits Foyth. He speaks the language and it is a little less physical for his light frame.

No, I quoted you directly. You were talking about Foyth and you can't hide behind context as it is not the first time you have tried to hammer this point. Here's another one of yours:

Foyth’s situation is all on Poch. Just like KWP.

Let them both wither on the vine. Both found greener pastures. Emery made him feel wanted.

And I am saying that to pin Foyth directly on Poch not providing opportunities is oversimplifying a more complex situation. KWP is not that good, he didn't get opportunities because he was third in line for the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This exactly. The buyout clause was there because Jose wrote him off completely.

Poch had 2 clear better CBs in the Belgians and a club record signing in Sanchez competing with him.

No, I quoted you directly. You were talking about Foyth and you can't hide behind context as it is not the first time you have tried to hammer this point. Here's another one of yours:

Foyth’s situation is all on Poch. Just like KWP.

Let them both wither on the vine. Both found greener pastures. Emery made him feel wanted.

And I am saying that to pin Foyth directly on Poch not providing opportunities is oversimplifying a more complex situation. KWP is not that good, he didn't get opportunities because he was third in line for the role.
That may be how you interpreted it, wasn’t my intended reasoning. No point going over it.

KWP is better than every RB we have.

That may be how you interpreted it, wasn’t my intended reasoning. No point going over it.

KWP is better than every RB we have.

I am not so sure about that, perhaps he is.

But he wasn't when Pochettino had him. He was a raw kid and about third in line.

I'll be interested in seeing Doherty in a new, more-advanced role and I do think Aurier cops his share of unfair criticism (but he'll almost certainly be sold anyway).

Last edited:
I am not so sure about that, perhaps he is.

But he wasn't when Pochettino had him. He was a raw kid and about third in line.

I'll be interested in seeing Docherty in a new, more-advanced role and I do think Aurier cops his share of unfair criticism but he'll almost certainly be sold anyway.
KWP for a club pushing for the top 4 isn't good enough. He'll be a decent PL-Championship level footballer. Similar to Kyle Naughton.

That being said our current RBs are of a similar level!

Perhaps Doherty in a wing back role under Fonseca can prove his worth.

KWP for a club pushing for the top 4 isn't good enough. He'll be a decent PL-Championship level footballer. Similar to Kyle Naughton.

That being said our current RBs are of a similar level!

Perhaps Doherty in a wing back role under Fonseca can prove his worth.

I was talking about Sam Docherty changing codes.

Doherty is hopeless.

(only joking, have changed spelling)😳

Geez talk about a tough first 6 weeks. If we are on more than 9 points after the first 6 Fonseca will have done a great job!

14/08/2021 15:00 Manchester City (h)
21/08/2021 15:00 Wolverhampton (a)
28/08/2021 15:00 Watford (h)
11/09/2021 15:00 Crystal Palace (a)
18/09/2021 15:00 Chelsea (h)
25/09/2021 15:00 Arsenal (a)

3W - 1D - 2L

If we can get that we are doing okay. Not sure what Fonseca's like in big games against superior opposition but we can't afford to be blown out the water on the opening day. Take a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat and move on. If we cop a drubbing the next game away at Wolves and Lage becomes a must win. And from there that's when things can spiral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back