Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The "last 48 hours have identified a fragile foundation" "outside, inside, everywhere"

I wonder what this is?
My guess is he's calling out the loser mentality. I'm guessing he was aware supporters wanted to lose and maybe some inside the club wanted to lose aswell.
Think he's dead right too

My guess is he's calling out the loser mentality. I'm guessing he was aware supporters wanted to lose and maybe some inside the club wanted to lose aswell.
Think he's dead right too
Yeah i'm not fussed about the external element as he'll give that the focus and attention it deserves (none) but perplexed and surprised if he picked up on anyone internally wanting to lose.

Yeah i'm not fussed about the external element as he'll give that the focus and attention it deserves (none) but perplexed and surprised if he picked up on anyone internally wanting to lose.
Internals pretty wide. Could have been a couple youth team players chatting, could have been coaching staff, could be a board member but I'm guessing he's overheard or been told of someone internally being ok with losing and he's pissed him right off

Internals pretty wide. Could have been a couple youth team players chatting, could have been coaching staff, could be a board member but I'm guessing he's overheard or been told of someone internally being ok with losing and he's pissed him right off
I hope thats the case (in terms of it might have been 1-2 youth players joking, cafeteria staff etc) and he's just putting everyone on notice.

Change it to opportunity then
Poor recruitment before doesn't mean poor recruitment into the future. Absolutely no reason they couldn't have signed Maddison and VDV in the champions League that's cognitive bias because you wanted to lose.
I'm actually regurgitating your idol anges view on this one, mate

Ange is the best thing about your club guys, he's so committed to building this club/team, I hope to god you back him 100%.

Ange knows how to build a winning team.

We can go back to the Rio Ferdinand interview back earlier in the season to see why Ange is pissed. Up 2-1 in pre-season and he's got the shits because the team were being passive a minute before half-time. No excuses. The context doesn't matter.

Little culture, mindset and effort things that he's been working on all season, basically torn up because of this game. And he's pissed because folks internally, and a part of the supporter base, gave the team an out today. Once again, the context doesn't matter. He's attempting to breed a winning culture in a club that doesn't have it. He now understands why.

Perhaps Spurs should be happy to lose their matches v Man City next season, just to make sure Arsenal don't win the League.

Ange knows how to build a winning team.

We can go back to the Rio Ferdinand interview back earlier in the season to see why Ange is pissed. Up 2-1 in pre-season and he's got the shits because the team were being passive a minute before half-time. No excuses. The context doesn't matter.

Little culture, mindset and effort things that he's been working on all season, basically torn up because of this game. And he's pissed because folks internally, and a part of the supporter base, gave the team an out today. Once again, the context doesn't matter. He's attempting to breed a winning culture in a club that doesn't have it. He now understands why.

Perhaps Spurs should be happy to lose their matches v Man City next season, just to make sure Arsenal don't win the League.
Where was his mindset and mentality when he was getting out coached by Marco Silva in a battering at Fulham. Or learning from it a few weeks later when being out coached by Eddie Howe and an undermanned Newcastle?

Where was it in the first half of our biggest rival game when we were 3 down? Or a few days later against a mid table up and down chelsea when we couldn't muster a shot on target until 2 down?

He's right, there's a lot of work to do. But all of the above wasn't just in the last 48 hours. It's been going on for a few months. And he's got no answers or trying new things until today. And then he wants to blame the atmosphere in a relative dead rubber? It's only a dead rubber because we've taken 10 points in our last 9 games. 9 of the 10 points coming from 17-19th place

Where was his mindset and mentality when he was getting out coached by Marco Silva in a battering at Fulham. Or learning from it a few weeks later when being out coached by Eddie Howe and an undermanned Newcastle?

Where was it in the first half of our biggest rival game when we were 3 down? Or a few days later against a mid table up and down chelsea when we couldn't muster a shot on target until 2 down?

He's right, there's a lot of work to do. But all of the above wasn't just in the last 48 hours. It's been going on for a few months. And he's got no answers or trying new things until today. And then he wants to blame the atmosphere in a relative dead rubber? It's only a dead rubber because we've taken 10 points in our last 9 games. 9 of the 10 points coming from 17-19th place
I don't think Ange has changed his mindset at all, he wants his team to fight for everything, your squad tired as the season wore on, plenty of injuries and a taxing game style.

He's responding to the last '48 hours' because this was the 1st time he seen people involved on the club want to give up, or not even try, it also happened in the past 48 hours, no one was hoping you'd lose to Fulham, Newcastle or Chelsea.

5th after losing Kane late in pre season is a good season from my perspective, something I bet a lot of spurs fans wouldn't have expected, sure the CL spots were there for the taking and it's probably an opportunity missed but it's not make or break.

And fwiw Europa is a good level for Spurs, Tottenham aren't some big club that deserves top 4 every season, yet, Ange is trying to make that a reality, got to let him work.

I was at the NLD a few weeks ago with my old man, the Tottenham fans were talking about that City game back then and hoping to lose if it cost Arsenal (Woolwich I believe the fans who I spoke to on the day said) the title, I guess it just built and build and it come to a head today.

Amazing stadium, surrounding area a let down.

Most fragile thing of the season wasn't in the last 48 hours, it was this back in September in our most likely competition we could win

View attachment 1989566

Not sure if you are getting at Ange or the players (or both) with this but I actually didnt mind the complete rotation of the XI simply because the selected players should have been good enough.

Plus remember it was penalties after an own goal.

I get the frustration directed at Ange, but for me I put the result on the players. He had to rotate. Maybe he rotated a bit too much.. but he had to.

Last edited:
Amazing stadium, surrounding area a let down.
Odd comment.

I'm sorry an area suffering from poor socio-economics has let you down. Maybe stick to more affluent areas so you don't have to look at the working class or immigrants?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if you are getting at Ange or the players (or both) with this but I actually didnt mind the complete rotation of the XI simply because the selected players should have been good enough.

Plus remember it was penalties after an own goal.

I get the frustration directed at Ange, but for me I put the result on the players. He had to rotate. Maybe he rotated a bit too much.. but he had to.
He didn't have to rest the GK in a season with no Europe.

He didn't have to play Sanchez a few days before selling him.

He's responding to the last '48 hours' because this was the 1st time he seen people involved on the club want to give up, or not even try, it also happened in the past 48 hours, no one was hoping you'd lose to Fulham, Newcastle or Chelsea.
Chicken and egg. We are only in this situation of nothing to play for because he and the team let themselves down so badly on those games. Get 6 points instead of 0 from those 3 and I guarantee every single spurs fan wants a win today and make top 4 a certainty

Odd comment.

I'm sorry an area suffering from poor socio-economics has let you down. Maybe stick to more affluent areas so you don't have to look at the working class or immigrants?
The area is a shithole mate, let's be real.

Dangerous too, rife with stabbings and crime.

Chicken and egg. We are only in this situation of nothing to play for because he and the team let themselves down so badly on those games. Get 6 points instead of 0 from those 3 and I guarantee every single spurs fan wants a win today and make top 4 a certainty

You had something to play for today, Villa beating Palace isn't going to be easy, the team tried today, just didn't have the quality, had plenty of poor underwhelming halves in the past 10 games, Ange knows you need to improve, today will blow over and he'll already working on the last game and summer period.

You had something to play for today, Villa beating Palace isn't going to be easy, the team tried today, just didn't have the quality, had plenty of poor underwhelming halves in the past 10 games, Ange knows you need to improve, today will blow over and he'll already working on the last game and summer period.
And the way we're going Sheffield isn't going to be easy for us either.

My points more that we really should have been in a position to be wrapping up top 4 rather than clinging onto a maybe. But he was comprehensively outclassed by an undermanned Eddie Howe who had worse injuries than us plus CL football and also by an incredibly inferior line-up that Marco Silva had at his disposal. These months of drab football eeking out wins only against Luton, Forrest and Burnley have rightfully sapped the energy of the fans. We've been counting down the days until the window opens and we ship a heap of these guys off and we don't have to watch us concede at set pieces every week

And the way we're going Sheffield isn't going to be easy for us either.

My points more that we really should have been in a position to be wrapping up top 4 rather than clinging onto a maybe. But he was comprehensively outclassed by an undermanned Eddie Howe who had worse injuries than us plus CL football and also by an incredibly inferior line-up that Marco Silva had at his disposal. These months of drab football eeking out wins only against Luton, Forrest and Burnley have rightfully sapped the energy of the fans. We've been counting down the days until the window opens and we ship a heap of these guys off and we don't have to watch us concede at set pieces every week

I get your point, and if I'm honest I've wanted Essendon to lose to get a better draft position or because I've hated a coach, I've never actively cheered for it though, I can't remember it happening the way it did today, Ange was shocked at how much of it he heard and saw the past few days, he wasn't sure how to handle it.

I get your point, and if I'm honest I've wanted Essendon to lose to get a better draft position or because I've hated a coach, I've never actively cheered for it though, I can't remember it happening the way it did today, Ange was shocked at how much of it he heard and saw the past few days, he wasn't sure how to handle it.
I get he can't come out and say much to the effect of I'm going to throw the game. Not saying he should.

But I'm sure if south Melbourne were playing for nothing (his words not mine, 4th is nothing to celebrate) in the final game of the season and winning against a nothing club meant either Preston Macedonia or Melbourne Knights, his old man wouldn't have been too happy to win

He didn't have to rest the GK in a season with no Europe.

He didn't have to play Sanchez a few days before selling him.
And it was something like the the third game in a week or so with another game a few days after... and we'd played with pretty much an unchanged starting line up.

Of course squad players would be utilised to keep everyone fit and fresh.

If we'd played the best same XI, people would be bleating that he wasn't giving the squad any minutes in preparation for injuries and match fitness etc

And it was something like the the third game in a week or so with another game a few days after... and we'd played with pretty much an unchanged starting line up.

Of course squad players would be utilised to keep everyone fit and fresh.

If we'd played the best same XI, people would be bleating that he wasn't giving the squad any minutes in preparation for injuries and match fitness etc
We sold Sanchez within days of that game and Forster hasn't played since. Those two were a waste of mins and cost us massively. Forster in the shoot out looked like was on a 5second buffering delay trying to save anything

Also rotating in the cup to focus on the league which we were never winning contradicts what Ange says about trophies being all that matters.

If we needed to get some minutes into guys that week, the Bournemouth or Burnley games would be the smarter game to do some slighter rotating. There was also a 2 week break after Burnley. So it's a cop out saying he had to play that awful lineup

Who says rotation for form/fitness means you are prioritising the league? That's as simplistic as me saying you expect 11 players to play 90 minutes across 45 games in a season. And I know you know an international break isn't a holiday break.

Going into the game the big question was whether it would be 2-3 rotations or 6-7. I too was surprised with the overall amount, but again the line up should have dealt with Fulham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back