Movie Black Panther - From rumour to reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked the film, thought it was shot really well and looked amazing. The fights were pretty choppy and the CG was inconsistent but it didn't take away from the overall feel of the film.

The acting was really good, the story makes mostly sense (barring BP's friend's rationales) and the way it handles the political motivations was well done.

There was no great high for me personally, no wow moment, but it had a lot of good moments.

I will wait for BluRay before my next viewing but definitely worth the time.

U know what, after seeing the post credits stuff I actualy honestly forgot about the civil war post credits stuff.....bucky handed over to wakandians for brain washing. And then i didnt remember capt USA breaking his mates out of that underwater jail. Seriously.

Also, Anja, guess people refer to you as A Ness?
I think my username is actually enough of a double entendre.

Very enjoyable film, although not as good as the hype and reviews led me to believe. Some excellent action set pieces and quality performances as has been said already (Jordan and the female support cast in particular).

Felt it dragged a little bit through the second act. The cinematography was top notch and the costumes, design etc of Wakanda was brilliant. Was really hoping to see more of it but enjoyed whenever there were moments showing the daily life of Wakanda and it’s people etc.

I’d recently rewatched The Hobbit trilogy too so was thrown off a bit by how much Martin Freeman hung around for.

Minor gripe.

Huge fan of Andy Serkis, I’ll watch whatever he’s in. Fantastic actor. But once again under-utilised. This is the second film in 2 months now that cast him aside as the main villain just when I thought he was killing it on screen. Damn. Oh well.

7/10 for me.

Very enjoyable film, although not as good as the hype and reviews led me to believe. Some excellent action set pieces and quality performances as has been said already (Jordan and the female support cast in particular).

Felt it dragged a little bit through the second act. The cinematography was top notch and the costumes, design etc of Wakanda was brilliant. Was really hoping to see more of it but enjoyed whenever there were moments showing the daily life of Wakanda and it’s people etc.

I’d recently rewatched The Hobbit trilogy too so was thrown off a bit by how much Martin Freeman hung around for.

Minor gripe.

Huge fan of Andy Serkis, I’ll watch whatever he’s in. Fantastic actor. But once again under-utilised. This is the second film in 2 months now that cast him aside as the main villain just when I thought he was killing it on screen. Damn. Oh well.

7/10 for me.
never knew andy S was so big up top

When-Brian-Fantana-Introduces-Us-Sex-Panther.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It made sense with that kind of access to advance technology woven with unvreakabke metal

True that. If all of his team wore panther style suits (different animals if need be) they'd be indestructible!

If Black Panther is getting this then Infinity War will be the highest grossing movie ever.

IW is gonna be awesome cool and grouse!

It’s going to monster the box office. Whether it gets to Avatar levels I’m not sure, but it will be demolishing many records along the way.
Man avatar was s**t if it wasn’t for the 3D technology it wouldn’t had got anywhere near what it got.

I’m predicting IW to beat the record personally. At least the avatar sequels won’t get anywhere near the same number.

Man avatar was s**t if it wasn’t for the 3D technology it wouldn’t had got anywhere near what it got.

I’m predicting IW to beat the record personally. At least the avatar sequels won’t get anywhere near the same number.

Not only the technology, also the inflated 3D ticket prices (which are probably more in line with standard ticket prices today).

It was perhaps not as great a movie as it was a spectacle. If that makes sense.

It deserved to be seen in 3D at the cinemas, and amazingly it still is probably the best 3D experience I’ve had. Despite being one of the pioneers of its kind. I actually avoid 3D as much as I can now as it doesn’t really add anything significant IMO.

But Avatar had strong word of mouth that helped sustain its run for as long as it did.

IW though has all the planets aligned to try and crack that record. Saw the trailer again before Black Panther it looks damn good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back