Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he doesn't that has to go down as one of the weirder rumors ever.

My info is that they actually thought he had it, mid last year. By Christmas 2018 they had realised what the thought was Chrohns was actually an infection from a trip to bali mixed with a bad reaction to some sort of supplements they were giving him to treat his back issue. The symptoms were very similar.

The recent rumours of Crohns were working off very old info.

My info is that they actually thought he had it, mid last year. By Christmas 2018 they had realised what the thought was Chrohns was actually an infection from a trip to bali mixed with a bad reaction to some sort of supplements they were giving him to treat his back issue. The symptoms were very similar.

The recent rumours of Crohns were working off very old info.
Good news if correct

Ecstatic?

I'm far from ecstatic about our injury count and the quality of personnel not available.
Have seen it over the course of enough years now to understand that you start off with a poor injury count, the numbers just keep rolling over.

We bemoaned SPS not having pre-seasons and for the relatively poor form presented thereafter, yet we have Marchbank, Macreadie, Williamson and Lang in that basket along with Docherty & Pickett likely out for the year.

Me? ....... Not ecstatic. :)

Docherty - best 22
Marchbank - best 22 but we'd been playing too tall down back...
Williamson - developing player, highly rated
Pickett - coin flip, nice skill set to have on the park IF he can stay involved
Macreadie - developing young tall
Lang - depth

2 of our injured players are best 22, but one of them being out might actually help our structures.
2 are young players that we'd prefer to play in the senior side, but aren't critical players.
2 are depth options, both a fair way down the pecking order too, I'd have thought.

Add Kennedy to that now, supposedly. Not sure if he's considered Best 22, I suspect he would be, but from our collective musings it would appear we've got some options there.

It's not ideal, but it's also not diabolical.

Good news about Willow if true.

Bad news about Kennedy if true.

With Kennedy though I had him missing round 1, just being edged out by our other mids.

He can't take a bloody break though. Seems like we have a handful of cursed players.

Surely a 6 week AC joint injury to Kennedy would have hit the media by now if it was true.

I am disliking this thread.

Nah, I'm just ecstatic. Sorry Mr_Plow :)

This is just the line things follow and more so through the season proper. Start off on the wrong footing and things only get worse.
They just do and there are reasons for that historically and now with Mr. Russell on board they may not show up this year, but I wouldn't be banking on it.
Just some perverse law of nature it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back